Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Portis

Tried Calling In Sick Today To Work . . .

, but I'm one of only two people on the schedule and there has to be at least 2 people on shift.

I'm going through one of the worse breakouts of my life (top 3 for sure) and at the rightful age of 27 :confused:

My mind is panicking and toying around with the idea of quitting; I have enough money saved up to support myself for at least a year. But I'm a reasonable enough person to know that is drastic.

Uggghhhhhh

Why can't it be socially acceptable to wear party masks.

, but I'm one of only two people on the schedule and there has to be at least 2 people on shift.

I'm going through one of the worse breakouts of my life (top 3 for sure) and at the rightful age of 27 :confused:

My mind is panicking and toying around with the idea of quitting; I have enough money saved up to support myself for at least a year. But I'm a reasonable enough person to know that is drastic.

Uggghhhhhh

Why can't it be socially acceptable to wear party masks.

I quit my job and I can tell you its not a good idea. ..

If you get to the point where acne causes you to call in sick or consider quitting, then you should seek help. I suggest you go see a therapist. Please don't let acne ruin your life.

I feel you. I don't currently have a job (I'm 18, male) but I WANT to get a job but my acne (moderate acne) makes it where I can't even get a job. It's really kind of pathetic but what can you do? Apparently, God just hates us for some reason by giving us acne when in reality, only 2 out of 10 people (20 % of people) get acne. We're definitely the minority and when I get to thinking about how we're the minority, it makes me sick knowing that 8 out of 10 people (80 % of people) don't have to deal with this shit every day like we do.

Edited by Kody_R_F

If you get to the point where acne causes you to call in sick or consider quitting, then you should seek help. I suggest you go see a therapist. Please don't let acne ruin your life.

Lol a therapist. No I assure you I'm quite sound of mind.

My post was lacking context, I have been toying with leaving my job for other reasons completely unrelated to my acne. Just not showing up to save myself the display of my embarrassing state of face seemed pretty attractive at the moment.

I had to go regardless, I did my minimal amount of time and used vacation for the hours I wasn't needed.

All of us know that people that don't suffer from chronic acne commonly get one zit and all the sudden they cannot go outside. Be it that is keeps them from work, school, or being with friends. Times that by 30 and you can see why it is quite reasonable to want to miss a day of work/school.

Edited by Portis