Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyler B.

Tea Tree Oil

:think: I put Tea Tree Oil on a newly grown bump when it is red or just a whitehead or any bump just to dry it out and help it go away. So, is it ok to use it with the regimen? Or will it maybe just dry me out even more and interfere/disturb the moisturizer?

:think: I put Tea Tree Oil on a newly grown bump when it is red or just a whitehead or any bump just to dry it out and help it go away. So, is it ok to use it with the regimen? Or will it maybe just dry me out even more and interfere/disturb the moisturizer?

If you've been using Dan's regimen for a few months and you're already past the drying/flaking stage, then adding tea tree oil is ok. Spot treating overnight should be fine.

If you start using it and experience more drying and flaking, then stop. It's just a matter of trial and error.

If you're just beginning the regimen and are still breaking out, tea tree oil could add to irritation and cause more breaking out.

You decide. :)

If you've been using Dan's regimen for a few months and you're already past the drying/flaking stage, then adding tea tree oil is ok. Spot treating overnight should be fine.

If you start using it and experience more drying and flaking, then stop. It's just a matter of trial and error.

If you're just beginning the regimen and are still breaking out, tea tree oil could add to irritation and cause more breaking out.

You decide. :)

Ok thank you for that advice. I'm just beginning the regimen like 4 days ago. My forehead acne is AMAZINGLY GONE! It's just very dry and wrinkly. I need to use more moisturizer. When I wasn't on the regimen TTO did very well on new pimples and drying bumps. But I guess it can wait till my face hopefully clears. THANK YOU! :clap: I'm going to the dermatologist August 4th so I guess I can ask him some more questions about my acne.