Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tnajamie

I did something really really stupid!

I have been really depressed for ages, I haven't been out for months. ..

anyway this morning I was very angry for some reason, I threatened to kill myself and punched my tv. .. my family were really upset and have not talked since...

I can't even apologise I just feel really bad, what should I do? it seems I'm always crying and obsessing. .. I have no friends and am even thinking of not going to university in September which would ruin my life. . I don't feel that I look too bad really .... it's just the big portion of my life this has existed I'm 22 btw

Edited by tnajamie

Firstly, calm down. Take some deep breaths and close your eyes.

You NEED to apologise to your family. Out of all the people in the world, your family are the people that love you and care about you the most. They will want to help you and support you.

Have you thought about talking to a professional about how you're feeling? If you are having suicidal thoughts and exhibiting passive aggressive behaviour it might be really helpful to speak to a psychiatrist. Not necessarily for medication, just to seek the route of your emotions and deal with them.

Why do you not want to go to university? What are your fears and feelings towards that?

You NEED to apologise to your family. Out of all the people in the world, your family are the people that love you and care about you the most. They will want to help you and support you.

Have you thought about talking to a professional about how you're feeling? If you are having suicidal thoughts and exhibiting passive aggressive behaviour it might be really helpful to speak to a psychiatrist. Not necessarily for medication, just to seek the route of your emotions and deal with them.

Why do you not want to go to university? What are your fears and feelings towards that?

thanks, I might do that.

I cannot look people in the eye, always got my head down. I cant make friends like that. I fear that I cannot live a normal life until I'm sorted.

i'll look into seeing someone about this.

thanks, I might do that.

I cannot look people in the eye, always got my head down. I cant make friends like that. I fear that I cannot live a normal life until I'm sorted.

i'll look into seeing someone about this.

Uni isn't about making friends. It's a good perk but that's not what it's about. If you have a place, DO NOT GIVE THAT UP!! Just go, it's only three years of your life. So what if you're not ready to make friends, I bet you're not ready to work in McDonalds or sign on yet either.

I'm sure that studying and getting a good degree will give you more self worth than not going to uni at all.

I really hope you sort things with your family, I think that's a very important first step.

Uni isn't about making friends. It's a good perk but that's not what it's about. If you have a place, DO NOT GIVE THAT UP!! Just go, it's only three years of your life. So what if you're not ready to make friends, I bet you're not ready to work in McDonalds or sign on yet either.

I'm sure that studying and getting a good degree will give you more self worth than not going to uni at all.

I really hope you sort things with your family, I think that's a very important first step.

I will go, it's a 4 year events management degree. .. I.hope to make a lot of friends though cause I haven't had friends for years. I feel so useless though, I'm 22 ffs

you have helped a lot and I'm very greatful. if you need anything let me know.

Yes, that is good that your going for 4 years. Good education. Are you trying Dan's regimen? It seems to have good effects on everyone and seems to be working for me. Btw im using recommended alternatives for the regimen.

I will go, it's a 4 year events management degree. .. I.hope to make a lot of friends though cause I haven't had friends for years. I feel so useless though, I'm 22 ffs

Wow that sounds amazing! Which uni you going to?

Uni is a great place to meet people - everyone is in the same boat with not having friends yet. My advice is to join a few clubs, they always have socials going on.

Hey it's a pleasure, that's what the org is for. And us Brits need to help eachother out.

PS. I've been there, when I was a teenager I used to be really depressed, have thoughts about ending it and just uncontrollably crying. My bedroom door had to be replaced because I threw a chair at it! Just know that it does get better, being open with your family and talking really helps.

xx

Wow that sounds amazing! Which uni you going to?

Uni is a great place to meet people - everyone is in the same boat with not having friends yet. My advice is to join a few clubs, they always have socials going on.

Hey it's a pleasure, that's what the org is for. And us Brits need to help eachother out.

PS. I've been there, when I was a teenager I used to be really depressed, have thoughts about ending it and just uncontrollably crying. My bedroom door had to be replaced because I threw a chair at it! Just know that it does get better, being open with your family and talking really helps.

xx

so are you all sorted now?

haha @ throwing a chair through the door, why didn't I think of that instead of breaking my tv lol.

Haha yeah I don't know where I got that strength from! I must have been so angry!

I am fine now. Some days I feel down about my skin but at the end of the day, I've kind of come to accept that I have crappy skin. And I don't feel alone because there are so many people in the same boat.

The turning point for me was moving out of my parents house. The independence made me grow up very quickly which helped my relationship with my parents and attitude towards life. Being pro-active gets you out of the victim mentality and helps you see that you're in control of your own life.

PS I'm 22 as well.

Haha yeah I don't know where I got that strength from! I must have been so angry!

I am fine now. Some days I feel down about my skin but at the end of the day, I've kind of come to accept that I have crappy skin. And I don't feel alone because there are so many people in the same boat.

The turning point for me was moving out of my parents house. The independence made me grow up very quickly which helped my relationship with my parents and attitude towards life. Being pro-active gets you out of the victim mentality and helps you see that you're in control of your own life.

PS I'm 22 as well.

when I go out everyone has good skin, it just feels like I'm the only one sometimes.

it just feels so hard to live, I can't approach any girls looking like this. .. I just want to be in a relationship, share my life with someone

.... hopefully at uni I can.

I'm glad to see you're living your life, that's cool, I respect you for that.

Yes, that is good that your going for 4 years. Good education. Are you trying Dan's regimen? It seems to have good effects on everyone and seems to be working for me. Btw im using recommended alternatives for the regimen.

yeah I'm doing the regimen, I use panoxyl - simple moisturiser and simple foaming facial wash + simple sun sensitive

when I go out everyone has good skin, it just feels like I'm the only one sometimes.

it just feels so hard to live, I can't approach any girls looking like this. .. I just want to be in a relationship, share my life with someone

Trust me, you are one amongst MANY others with acne.

Don't let acne hold you back, it's only skin, it's not like you have a terrible personality or are disfigured.

RE Relationships, there are so many people on this org who have boyfriends, girlfriends, husbands and wives.. My boyfriend has never minded my acne, we met when my skin was at its worst. So just be open, if there is a girl you like, ask her out! There's nothing to lose, worst case scenario she says 'no thanks', but if you don't ask, nothing will ever happen.

Don't wait for life to come to you. You need to go out and start living your life.

Edited by abigailwheeler

Trust me, you are one amongst MANY others with acne.

Don't let acne hold you back, it's only skin, it's not like you have a terrible personality or are disfigured.

RE Relationships, there are so many people on this org who have boyfriends, girlfriends, husbands and wives.. My boyfriend has never minded my acne, we met when my skin was at its worst. So just be open, if there is a girl you like, ask her out! There's nothing to lose, worst case scenario she says 'no thanks', but if you don't ask, nothing will ever happen.

Don't wait for life to come to you. You need to go out and start living your life.

you've got some awesome advice, thanks. I will grab life from now on.