Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Check out

trailer for a DVD called "No arms, no legs, NO WORRIES", it's only 4 minutes long.

Nick Vujicic is born without legs and arms, yet he's much happier than many other people. This definitely puts things into perspective. I even started crying when watching the video :|

EDIT: link fixed

Edited by EaglesGirl

Some channel on television also interviewed a lady who's skin was melted off in a flaming car accident. She was surprisingly positive.

Your flaws don't have to ruin your life. Accept that you have them, try and correct them if you're able (but not obsessively), and enjoy life regardless!

Happiness is a choice. We all get knocked down,but we can also choose to spring back up.

@Sima Yeah, thanks! I must remember to check the links, too, not only the spelling ;)

@MeMyselfAndI Really? Wow :D. I can imagine it was quite... Inspirational?

@Sima Yeah, thanks! I must remember to check the links, too, not only the spelling ;)

Yeah we both cried,it was a wake up call that's for sure!

I'm touched by Nick Vujicic's story but he didn't have to deal with acne growing up. If he had to, he would not be as positive.

Edited by jjn

i love this man we watched this at my church<3

AND OMG LOVE UR QUOTE I ADORE DEPECHE MODE AND THE SONG STRIPPED

I'm touched by Nick Vujicic's story but he didn't have to deal with acne growing up. If he had to, he would not be as positive.

Seriously? The man has no arms or legs...

Not only is it an esthetic issue, but it puts him at a physical disadvantage.

I'd love to see you trade your limbs for clear skin and see how you feel after.

But the point was that you can be happy regardless of what you look like. Are you determined to be miserable?

Edited by OmegaisJaded

First of, anything can be done, being happy with no limbs and acne is still possible as well.

But people, don't forget the others.

Not all people who lost their limbs are positive and generally happy.

Consider this word,

Desire.

if a man without limbs wants to really really play basketball or go hunting for food.. and he tries so hard to do so and can't... he will not be happy will he?

likewise, if a person with acne constantly wants to have clear skin and wants improvement asap, wants that clear skin confidence so bad... and they can't get it... is this person going to be happy?

so you see, like this man in the video, your gonna have to make a choice: either sacrifice some of your desires, -or- be prepared to fight and fight (acne [psychological fight w/ emotional control and ability to shed off harmful emotions]) and stop bitching (because you can still live a life nevertheless, like this guy in the video). He said it himself.. something like 'i can either keep thinking about having no arms, no legs, or I can just go on and live'.. (paraphrase).

If your debating among yourselves, you don't understand the point of the video.

Yeah we both cried,it was a wake up call that's for sure!

Aww :(. And yeah, I can imagine.

i love this man we watched this at my church<3

AND OMG LOVE UR QUOTE I ADORE DEPECHE MODE AND THE SONG STRIPPED

I would like to see him in real life, too >_>. But, on the other hand, I've got a mum, who's paralyzed from the neck and down. And she's more happy than I am xD.

THANK YOU :D I fell completely in love with the song :).

Some channel on television also interviewed a lady who's skin was melted off in a flaming car accident. She was surprisingly positive.

Your flaws don't have to ruin your life. Accept that you have them, try and correct them if you're able (but not obsessively), and enjoy life regardless!

Happiness is a choice. We all get knocked down,but we can also choose to spring back up.

If that happens to me I will take my own life fuck that and everything about it. There would be no reason for me to continue. Maybe I should get over my scars which are nothing compared to missing limbs. I can't believe someone who is missing limbs would believe in a god after being born that way. Maybe he feels like there has to be some type of payoff and he will be first in line to heaven.

Edited by Heir

If that happens to me I will take my own life fuck that and everything about it. There would be no reason for me to continue. Maybe I should get over my scars which are nothing compared to missing limbs. I can't believe someone who is missing limbs would believe in a god after being born that way. Maybe he feels like there has to be some type of payoff and he will be first in line to heaven.

..Or maybe he just wants to enjoy his life while he still has one?

There's so many beautiful thing to do and see in this world. Swim with dolphins, go backpacking in another country, experience culture first hand,song and dance, art,learning new things...there are riches in this world that are available to everyone, whether you're unattractive or disabled.

Instead of brooding over your life, go out and make it better!

I work in four group homes. I work with people that cant see, are missing arms and legs (or they are severely disfigured in those places), cant walk, cant feed themselves, are fed with G-tubes in their stomach and haven't tasted food or drinks in years because anytime anything enters their mouth they choke.

It has helped me appretiate life a little more, at least in my ability to walk, brush my own teeth and hair, to see, to taste etc. My skins the worst it has ever been and I am glad I took this job because it distracts me from thinking about my skin (for the most part). But even though I see the sufferings of these people, my skin still bothers me. My face hurts from all the acne all over my forehead, chin, and cheeks...I still get depressed about it, but in my mind I guess my job just encourages me to get out and face the world and not mope inside the house and not live life - but it wont stop me from wanting clear skin or saying "oh well".

aweeee sorry to hear about your mom :( but im glad shes happy!!! <333 i like how u posted the video alot of people need to see something like that and i think u did a good thing uploading itto the org=] he is so brave and has it very hard but he doesnt let his condition get to him and i love that<3 :wub:

yes i fell in love with that song to!!! its sad not too many people listen to the good music or even know who depeche mode is!=[ what kinds of music do u enjoy? :cool:

and i also LOVE enjoy the silence, its no good, and shake the disease by Depeche Mode i used to have a crush on the singer haha :wub:

It sounds like you only have pity for this guy having to live that way, but I bet he would pity you for your outlook. I'm certainly jealous of someone like that who still has such a positive outlook and doesn't let it defeat him and stop living life. And he swims! I still don't know how to swim!

It does give some perspective though. We choose whether we're going to be happy or whether we're going to be miserable. It's just so hard to apply it when we're so depressed about our acne. At least with acne, it can be temporary and things can always get better, but with something like being with born with no arms or legs, that's the way things are and you have to accept it.

One thing I understand about the psychology of the mind is its power to accept oneself. This guy has an amazing amount of spirit for sure, but regardless of what poisons your spirit the greatest catalyst is the one that the mind cannot keep up with.

Acne is constantly changing our appearance and the mind can never settle. If I could freeze your face right now and say you would never get another pimple again, but you would also never heal what you currently have, that over time your mind will come to terms with who you are. The emotional distress would diminish and you would become more self confident; however, you will more than likely still be a little self conscious (That is just unavoidable as it's human nature).

I also believe this is why most acne sufferers more or less have identity crisis.