Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Green_Vegetable_Man

BP CAUSES PREMATURE SKIN AGING

Benzoyl Peroxide and Premature Skin Aging: Benzoyl peroxide creates free radicals in the skin and is known to cause premature skin aging, just like repeated sun exposure or persistent acne. Damage is determined by the concentration of benzoyl peroxide and the frequency of use. It has also been associated with increased risks of skin cancer. In 1995 the FDA issued warnings regarding the use of benzoyl peroxide and changed its status from safe to uncertain

http://www.skintactix.com/adult_acne.htm

i think it has to do with the caps lock key, not sure

im sure theres some scientists spending lots of money at random-herbal-instant-cheap-flawless-nonirritating-muscleenhancing-miraculecure.com and spending lots of time photoshoping before/after pics for sulphur treatments and why ITS the devil, and that their hooblajobla herbal miracle cure is better and all natural, just like heroin

This site is telling the truth. Benzoyl Peroxide causes slow healing process (red marks) and does have a risk of skin cancer. The FDA even changed the category from Safe to Unknown. And to nate7357 ............i'm using their products and yes it does a better job job than BP and is actaully healing my skin from the damage of BP. I was on Dan's Regimen but the slow healing and the risks were not worth it. So i found SkinTacktix and I've been on it for a week and already my red marks are healing and my skin got much smoother, hydrated, and soft. Don't judge unless u tried it yourself....

You risk dieing every time you step outside the front door of your house too, so you shouldn't do that because dieing is bad for you!

Paranoia to its max. Everything in life has tradeoffs and you have to weigh risk vs outcome. Its pretty obvious that BP, SA, and lots of the other acne meds have a higher chance of fixing acne then causing something bad to happen when used appropriately.

having acne stressing you out will probably make you die sooner then bp so if it works for you id say keep using it. I can't tell if it works for me yet. =/ I have mild acne but it still sucks when i get one.

lissen guys I believe the argument is about Looking Old Vs Horrible pimpled face. I am 22 I do not mind looking 32 provided I got clear skin, atleast I would be more confident. I can ask all those ladies out who I get scared to have an eye contact with, I can eat what I want, I can go out wherever I want to and do the stuff I always crave for.

I havent used this BP yet but looking at the personal logs I am sure it is very effective and I am gonna try it very very soon.

BP is the only thing i have found that actually works, and were all eventually gonna die so y not live my life ACNE free and die abit younger then live a long miserable ACNE filled life?

ill keep on using bp.

Though Benzoyl Peroxide causes premature aging, doesn't oily skin age less than dryer skin? If this is the case, BP + Moisturization can cause your skin to secret alot of oils which should offset the aging from the BP alone? I know for a fact my skin is dripping with oil when i get home from school.

Well i thought it was common knowledge?,how can something that you need to apply moistyrizer after using it be good for you?.

I used it for 3 days and will NEVER use it again...it's like it burns your face away.

Sorry,but it ain't worth it...plus i think it could do MORE damage to your skin in the long run due to how powerful it is.

Also i feel sorry for people who use things without thinking them through....if a doc told you to put your head in a bucket of acid and bleech mixed together to "help" spots...WOULD YOU DO IT?!.

Ryan Valmont please don't poison our forum with your ignorance... you obviously didn't read up on bp enough or you just did the regimen wrong

Also i feel sorry for people who use things without thinking them through....if a doc told you to put your head in a bucket of acid and bleech mixed together to "help" spots...WOULD YOU DO IT?!.

Ryan, benzoyl peroxide is used in a lot of products. dry.gif please dont make it out like dan is smuggling this secret radioactive material from overseas and we're all slowly killing ourselves.

edit: and moisturizer is a good idea regardless if you are using BP or not. simply washing your face with the most gentle cleanser will strip the natural moisture from your face and cause you to create excess oil to try and compensate. moisturizer is used in the same way you would apply conditioner to your hair.

Well i thought it was common knowledge?,how can something that you need to apply moistyrizer after using it be good for you?.

I used it for 3 days and will NEVER use it again...it's like it burns your face away.

Sorry,but it ain't worth it...plus i think it could do MORE damage to your skin in the long run due to how powerful it is.

Screw it, im still using it, I would rather enjoy my teens and not get SCARS from acne and live the best years of my life acne free.

So ya, BP increases age skinning...So what the hell does the Mouisturizer do?

So all in all, If I lost 2-3 years of my skin age do to BP gel. Thats surely a lot better then loosing 5-8 years of my LIFE do to ACNE!!!

BP KICKS ASS