Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

im 18 and have had acne for 5 years..(severe acne)...now i still have severe acne and even worse i have super deep scars all over my face...my face is completely covered with scars along with bad acne....i hate my life so much...i hate going outside my room..this summer i havent done anything nor plan to do anything...i feel so terrible....at times i just try not to look in the mirror..but as soon as i see my reflection somewhere..i can see my terrible face....it looks way horrible....idk why..but im like the only person in my entire city to look like this...idk wat to do anymore...its all i think about and i cant concentrate in anything else because of it...doctors and dermatologists have given me antibiotics and many prescribed topicals but nothing works..im currently on epiduo and have been on it for like a month and a half..no improvement watsoever...i just hate crying everyday because of it...i dont even have anymore friends cuz im just embarrased to be with them since they dont even have one pimple or little scar ......im so depressed...my social life is nothing from now on

PS. i eat healthy..and drink only water and lots of it.....

I had to reply to this because I have been and still am off and on in your same situation. I have mild to moderate acne but it looks like I have moderate acne because of all my scars. I've spent pretty much my whole summer so far cooped up in my room trying to make my skin better. I've lied to my friends when they ask me to do something because I feel so ugly and hate seeing their perfect skin. They complain about two pimples like it's the end of the world,they don't know what real acne sufferers feel. I can sit in front of the mirror and just look at my skin for 30 mins straight. I have the worst acne out of all my friends(and I don't even have it severe!). I feel like I'm pushing my friends away....but then I realized that I'm wasting my life. I just need to suck it up and go out and enjoy life. It's not good to be stuck in a dark room for hours on end. I'm on Epiduo as well and am seeing amazing results! Please stick with it,some people don't see improvement till the 2nd month. It will get better,you need to get out of the house. It'll be hard,believe me...but you'll be so happy you did. Plus, getting fresh air is good for your face. If you need anyone to vent to,I'm always here.

I had to reply to this because I have been and still am off and on in your same situation. I have mild to moderate acne but it looks like I have moderate acne because of all my scars. I've spent pretty much my whole summer so far cooped up in my room trying to make my skin better. I've lied to my friends when they ask me to do something because I feel so ugly and hate seeing their perfect skin. They complain about two pimples like it's the end of the world,they don't know what real acne sufferers feel. I can sit in front of the mirror and just look at my skin for 30 mins straight. I have the worst acne out of all my friends(and I don't even have it severe!). I feel like I'm pushing my friends away....but then I realized that I'm wasting my life. I just need to suck it up and go out and enjoy life. It's not good to be stuck in a dark room for hours on end. I'm on Epiduo as well and am seeing amazing results! Please stick with it,some people don't see improvement till the 2nd month. It will get better,you need to get out of the house. It'll be hard,believe me...but you'll be so happy you did. Plus, getting fresh air is good for your face. If you need anyone to vent to,I'm always here.

thanks

i completely understand where you're coming from :( Up until about 2 weeks ago my skin had been mostly clear (at least to my satisfactory) for about 2 years and now it has decided to go wild. I canceled plans for the first time in a long time tonight because of acne. My soon to be boyfriend gets back on thursday from a 3 week vacation and i don't even think i'm going to be able to see him because i'm so self conscious. acne is cruel, it gave me a nice glimpse of what i could have had, and now its taken my life away from me again :/ if anyone ever needs to talk i'm here to listen, just message me. we can vent back and fourth!

i completely understand where you're coming from :( Up until about 2 weeks ago my skin had been mostly clear (at least to my satisfactory) for about 2 years and now it has decided to go wild. I canceled plans for the first time in a long time tonight because of acne. My soon to be boyfriend gets back on thursday from a 3 week vacation and i don't even think i'm going to be able to see him because i'm so self conscious. acne is cruel, it gave me a nice glimpse of what i could have had, and now its taken my life away from me again :/ if anyone ever needs to talk i'm here to listen, just message me. we can vent back and fourth!

yeah..i just hate how acne can take over one's life just like that...so terrible

thanks

yea well my bigggest issue is scarring actually...it looks as if they are so deep scars that they will never heal....and they cover my entire face completely..well except my forehead..but yeah then i still got cysts on my face and neck...just horrible

yea well my bigggest issue is scarring actually...it looks as if they are so deep scars that they will never heal....and they cover my entire face completely..well except my forehead..but yeah then i still got cysts on my face and neck...just horrible

Yeah I have icepick scars across my entire forehead that I've had since I was 13 :/ Two years later and not even a slight improvement,in fact they've gotten deeper. It can really get you down...

i've been fortunate enough not to have to deal with too bad of scaring, I do have a nasty scar on my chin though, and its not flat so its impossible to cover up :/ I delt with red marks for a while, especially on my forehead, but with time they did fade. However, thanks to my nice new breakouts they are back :( Just stay strong, it won't last forever!