Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am a 15 year old girl right now as of 2011, and i am starting on Accutane(: first month of waiting just to get the medication was pretty brutal. I remember saying to myself in the dermatologists office that i "never want to go back to the way i feel now." I held back tears as the dermatologist examined my face..

My acne has brought me social suicide pretty much and I find myself losing interest in everything because of my acne. It's all I really think about. I'm usually called the "pretty girl with acne" and it's heartbreaking. I've given up so many opportunities and places I could have been, but i've sat at home researching a cure for acne.

hopefully my skin is clear by the first day of school, I left school making a pact to myself that I will be clear this summer. I've devoted all summer to finding out stuff to help my acne, and I've been through so much in such a short amount of time, constantly being let down, but Accutane is my last resort. xoxoxoxoxo

so many things are going to be taking place in my life (of 5 months) while i'm on Accutane, so read on!

Edited by iwantobeclearnow

Good for you. Any other additional info about you and your skin? It's always nice to be able to compare conditions. And I'm not sure when you start school, but Accutane usually takes 2-3 months before improvements, just so you know.

Well, my acne isn't cystic or anything, its just those little tiny bumps, just EVERYWHEREEE on my face, hopefully my acne will clear up very fast.. Legit every inch on my skin has atleast one bump/pimple. all of the bumps are inflamed and angry and stubborn and persistant (like my derm said)

:doubt:

well, we will all see in the near future...

Ah, I see. Well your acne looks fairly mild-moderate, so I'm sure you'll have some good-looking skin by the end of your treatment. But it's impossible to see the side effects in under 2 hours after your first pill.

My acne is not mild-moderate ^^

Anyways, it doesn't matter what it is, because to ME it's severe. Everywhere I look around me people don't come fucking close to looking like this.

I'm just really nervous about possibly hairloss? ive heard that common with accutane, and it would be devestating, because i always love doing my hair and stuff...im super nervous:(do you thinkk ill suffer from hair loss? :confused:

I mean it's a known side effect, so it could potentially happen. But it's pretty rare, and often minimal or temporary. Don't stress it.

Hey! glad i found your new log. I doubt you'll be clear by september :( .. usually with accutane, you get a pretty shitty initial breakout that lasts about 2 months. (I took it for 2 weeks and it was the worse breakout of my life lol).. But just keep in mind that you'll (hopefully) have flawless skin by christmas :)

As for the hairloss.. I was one of the unlucky ones. After 3 days on accutane I started shedding abour 200-300 hairs a day, which is why I stopped after 2 weeks. The hair kept on falling out for 4 months and I lost about 30% of my hair... GOOD NEWS is that the hair loss from accutane isn't permanent (well I think like 1% or less of people experience permanent hair loss) and if you do experience hair loss (which you prob wont) it'll grow back within a year.

GOOD LUCK! =)

Hey! glad i found your new log. I doubt you'll be clear by september :( .. usually with accutane, you get a pretty shitty initial breakout that lasts about 2 months. (I took it for 2 weeks and it was the worse breakout of my life lol).. But just keep in mind that you'll (hopefully) have flawless skin by christmas :)

As for the hairloss.. I was one of the unlucky ones. After 3 days on accutane I started shedding abour 200-300 hairs a day, which is why I stopped after 2 weeks. The hair kept on falling out for 4 months and I lost about 30% of my hair... GOOD NEWS is that the hair loss from accutane isn't permanent (well I think like 1% or less of people experience permanent hair loss) and if you do experience hair loss (which you prob wont) it'll grow back within a year.

GOOD LUCK! =)

Most people don't experience a two month break out. I've read that lots of people have their I.B. about a week or so into the course and usually begin to see results (minor) within a month or so. Everybody's different.

Edited by Polyspast

Good luck girl! I'm so glad you're doing this early in your life. I wish I would of done it when I was 15. Everyones here for support!

^^^ WOW thanks Accushame person, your being a jerk trying to scare me out of Accutane just because it didn't work for YOU, thanks for having hope/being supportive to me and helping me to relax somewhat... :doubt:

DAY 1 & 2

well nothing happened on these days but I just hope everybody keeps up with my log, I promise it'll be interesting :rolleyes:

Here I go!!

REAL NERVOUS. I feel like i'm jumping into a pit of darkness and don't know what i'm going to come across along the way, but I know that I WILL be clear in the end :surprised:

I think that might just be your nerves! I don't think people experience too many side effects within the first 2 days. Just take a deep breath and be calm. :) My brother has acne kinda like you do (and I do too!) and he was clear within a month. But then again, everyone's different. Good luck!

Its just nerves. I was the same :D After your third or fourth pill it just feels like your taking another regular pill.

DAY 3

My skin is doing normal, average Even though i'm still oily after the day, i've noticed the pimples on my cheeks slowly just...going away? Maybe i'm just examinating too much.

Even though around my eyebrows i'm breaking out, how RANDOM, but it's not as intense as I would have guessed. My chin is almost clear, which is a first! I have a shitload of redmarks, but whatever, i'm staying off the makeup for as long as I can stand it. I'm nowhere near clear, but atleast i'm taking the first step.

Also my acne has been tingling all day, hopefully it's a sign that Accutane is working..

:dance:

(i've officially learned to control my urge to look at the mirror to see if my acne's changed every hour. It just makes me more and more sad..)

DAY 4 DAY FROM HELL

horrible news:( i have so much to tell.. :(

today was probably the worst day of my fucking life. first I had to goto the salon and get my hair dyed, and it was HELL. the pretty workers and makeup artists working at the salon looked at me in disgust.. to dye my hair a hairdresser had to put this cream on my FUCKING FOREHEAD so the color doesnt drip off. i broke out like CRAZY from that, and they were irritating my skin by the makeup artist coming over to ME to put a shitload of makeup on, because apparently i looked bad. i kept getting glares, and it was so embarresting... my skin is breaking out like crazy and ive become so depressed from all of this that i slept in until 1 oclock today:( and what did i wake up to? MORE BREAKOUTS, EVERYWHERE where that hair color dye cream was, and where they irritated my skin. and when we went to check out, of course my mother has to tell EVERYONE at the salon that im going on acccutane and am afraid of it gettting dry. REALLY MOM!?!? I felt like crawling into a fetal position and never coming out:( i had the worst breakdown in the car that i just forgot all my surroundings and just cried and yelled and wanted to die.. :cry:

ALSO,

i had to go get a physcial at my doctors today, and my mom of course has to tell every fucking one that im going on accutane, i felt like i was being examined and disgusted. WHY CANT I JUST BE PRETTY AGAIN AND HAVE THESE STUPID PIMPLES ALL GO AWAY!??!!?

I never wanna go back to these days, where I feel this way:( but i have so much coming up in my life, this is just the beginning, stay tuned into my log to read more about everything...:wall:

DAY 4 DAY FROM HELL

today was probably the worst day of my fucking life. first I had to goto the salon and get my hair died, and it was HELL. the pretty workers and makeup artists working at the salon looked at me in disgust.. to dye my hair a hairdresser had to put this cream on my FUCKING FOREHEAD so the color doesnt drip off. i broke out like CRAZY from that, and they were irritating my skin by the makeup artist coming over to ME to put a shitload of makeup on, because apparently i looked bad. i kept getting glares, and it was so embarresting... my skin is breaking out like crazy and ive become so depressed from all of this that i slept in until 1 oclock today:( and what did i wake up to? MORE BREAKOUTS, EVERYWHERE where that hair color dye cream was, and where they irritated my skin. and when we went to check out, of course my mother has to tell EVERYONE at the salon that im going on acccutane and am afraid of it gettting dry. REALLY MOM!?!? I felt like crawling into a fetal position and never coming out:( i had the worst breakdown in the car that i just forgot all my surroundings and just cried and yelled and wanted to die.. :cry:

ALSO,

i had to go get a physcial at my doctors today, and my mom of course has to tell every fucking one that im going on accutane, i felt like i was being examined and disgusted. WHY CANT I JUST BE PRETTY AGAIN AND HAVE THESE STUPID PIMPLES ALL GO AWAY!??!!?

I never wanna go back to these days, where I feel this way:( but i have so much coming up in my life, this is just the beginning, stay tuned into my log to read more about everything...:wall:

I know it feels embarrassing to tell people you're going on accutane. I was even kinda uncomfortable picking up my prescription, as weird as that is. And I haven't mentioned to any of my friends that I'm going on it. I'm sure your mom doesn't mean any harm by telling people... acne isn't as big of a deal/embarrassment to people that don't have to deal with it, so it doesn't seem that bad to them! I always hate hearing "oh your skin looks fine... your skin is perfect" when to me it is not even close.

I just started taking accutane 2 days ago. I hope we both start seeing results sooner rather than later :surprised:

DAY 4 DAY FROM HELL

today was probably the worst day of my fucking life. first I had to goto the salon and get my hair died, and it was HELL. the pretty workers and makeup artists working at the salon looked at me in disgust.. to dye my hair a hairdresser had to put this cream on my FUCKING FOREHEAD so the color doesnt drip off. i broke out like CRAZY from that, and they were irritating my skin by the makeup artist coming over to ME to put a shitload of makeup on, because apparently i looked bad. i kept getting glares, and it was so embarresting... my skin is breaking out like crazy and ive become so depressed from all of this that i slept in until 1 oclock today:( and what did i wake up to? MORE BREAKOUTS, EVERYWHERE where that hair color dye cream was, and where they irritated my skin. and when we went to check out, of course my mother has to tell EVERYONE at the salon that im going on acccutane and am afraid of it gettting dry. REALLY MOM!?!? I felt like crawling into a fetal position and never coming out:( i had the worst breakdown in the car that i just forgot all my surroundings and just cried and yelled and wanted to die.. :cry:

ALSO,

I am so sorry! I can't believe that people in a salon would do that just to keep their 'image' looking good. What jerks. I know you will have success with Accutane. My acne was a lot worse than yours when I started, and my skin is perfect now. Just give it time. I saw a huge difference in my skin at the end of the 2nd month, and my initial breakout was very minor.

DAY 5

MY FUCKING FACE IS GETTING SO MUCH WORSE. I now have these stupid pimples all over my nose, and it looks crusty and disgusting and red and uneven, and scary, I have NEVER seen such an uglier nose. I have a beautfully shaped nose, it's just the 100s of pimples on it make it look disgusting:(

i think i've gotten my first cyst, and it's right on my damn cheek. And that cream from the salon that they forced onto my forehead from day 4? yeah, that's causing a horrible breakout, too..

i look like a MONSTER with all these redmarks and everything. IM MISERABLE, ive been staying inside these past few days, and when I was washing my face a few times I noticed I popped some damn pimples, STUPID REDMARKS make everything look 10392 times worse.

.. It's all around my T-zone i'm breaking out, wait i can't say that.. It's everywhere where I am breaking out wth tiny little bumps everywhere.. It's covering the whole area pretty much. I'm going to the opthomologst today for just a regular check up, and I tried to feel more comfortable in my skin by not wearing any makeup there. It's a dark -lit room, anyways, and I know I survived. But it was difficult for me because just a few months ago I HAD to wear makeup just to get the mail outside. Baby steps? I'm getting there, but I can't wait until the side effects of Accutane kick in, i'm all ready and have been applying aquaphor for days now. I feel so VULNERABLE. :doubt:

I feel like a monster, a monster trapped in my own skin. NOBODY has acne as severe as mine, everywhere I look there's clear faces, everywhere on tv, everywhere at the grocery store, everywhere at the doctors, EVERYWHERE. I feel like an UGLY MONSTER AND I JUST WANT TO LIVE MY LIFE AGAIN WITHOUT HAVING TO WAKE UP EVERY MORNING AND FEEL SCARED AND LITERALLY FEEL MY HEART BEAT FASTER WHEN I WALK UP TO THE MIRROR TO CHECK MY ACNE FOR THE DAY. WHY CAN'T I JUST BE PRETTY AGAIN AND HAVE NO WORRIES!??!

5 months seems like forever, it's all-encompassng, it's taking up the last part of life I have..

DAY 6

So my skin really isn't getting better, but I'm getting out of the house tomorrow to hang out with this one guy that i've been texting for months and months, and he's picking me up tomorrow and hopefully he'll ask me out if he likes me.. Yet he doesn't know I have horrible acne, and the lighting structures in his house are really unflattering and bright. He comes from a perfect family with perfect skin, so obviously he won't understand my struggle. I'm scared he won't ask me out because of my acne.. I would look 100% better if I were clear.. I can't keep making excuses because of my acne anymore. I HAVE to go tomorrow and see him, i'm just praying he won't care about my horrible pimpled face... I'm very nervous, but you all will know tomorrow I guess! :doubt:

About my side effects, I can proudly say I haven't experienced any chapped lips, because i've been applying Aquaphor every hour hahha...

I've been getting bad back pain too, maybe it's because I have scoliosis and since i've been laying on my back pretty much 23 hours out of the day the past week.. I feel like a 80 year old grandma, gotta snap out of it!! :doh: Oh, and i'm depressed, obviously....

I want to goto the beach with my friends, and hang out in amusement parks and have fun, like I should be doing:( But my acne is holding me back....fuck you acne fuck you. :cry:

Im a 19 year old guy and I know exactly how you feel. My friends tell me "don't let it bother you" "its not THAT bad" "it could be worse".... i hate all of these sayings. I know it doesn't look good right now but im sure it will work out for you. Just stick with it. Dont let it upset you, im sure it will get better! :surprised:

Here's just a quick look back on the times when I had beautifully clear skin. This picture makes me cry everytime I see it:( :redface:

I read this and just felt your pain, I used to have friends and was so outgoing but now I'm a recluse as my mum calls me, but I.have faith I can get sorted and live a good life and I really hope you can too.

Only 5 days in with all this drama. Stop working yourself up or your course will be impossible. If you do experience a real initial breakout I feel like it would completely ruin your determination to finish.