Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cmstringfellow

bad reaction to acne.org aha

ive just started using the acne.org aha on my chest. it seemed to cause me to break out and caused my skin to turn red, almost like a rash. is this normal when using this product in the beginning. if aha doesnt work for me, i dont know what ill do for my chest acne. bp will bleach my clothes and wash off bp products dont seem as effective as ones you leave on.

According to "What to expect" on this page:- http://www.acne.org/body-acne-regimen-light-moderate.html an initial breakout & redness could occur when you start using AHA. Is it also sore or just red?

I used Acne.Org's AHA on my chest & back without a hint of redness, although I think I must have pretty tough skin, as I never experienced redness or flaking while using BP on my face either.

For some reason the AHA cleared my back very quickly, but did nothing for my chest, so I had to resort to BP to get my chest clear. I know what you mean about the bleaching effect of BP.

Edited by Manticore

According to "What to expect" on this page:- an initial breakout & redness could occur when you start using AHA. Is it also sore or just red?

I used Acne.Org's AHA on my chest & back without a hint of redness, although I think I must have pretty tough skin, as I never experienced redness or flaking while using BP on my face either.

For some reason the AHA cleared my back very quickly, but did nothing for my chest, so I had to resort to BP to get my chest clear. I know what you mean about the bleeching effect of BP.

It is not sore just red, it seems to be going away now though. I figure I overdid it a little and it overexfoliated perhaps, exposing the newer and much redder looking skin underneath? Ive also done some reading and whenever using a BHA or AHA product an initial breakout can occur. Did you have trouble with the BP bleaching, clothes a lot? Dan's BP seems to absorb really welll i figured bleaching wouldnt be much of an issue.

Bleaching from BP can be caused by different methods such as putting on your shirt before allowing it to dry, or simply just sweating.

Guest davidtheskinking

BP dried out my skin and made it red too... Didn't work to clear up my acne.

I researched it and realized that it wasn't the best acne treatment so just dropped it and found something better.

David

...Did you have trouble with the BP bleaching, clothes a lot? Dan's BP seems to absorb really welll i figured bleaching wouldnt be much of an issue.

I used to use BP on my chest in the morning, & leave my shirt off for a couple of hours. This worked OK at first, but when the warmer weather arrived, the extra bit of perspiration bleached my shirts.

I am only using BP 2 or 3 times a week now, and I always wear a white shirt on those days.

Edited by Manticore