Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amnesiac

Damn me and what i think of myself :(

Well i have some scarring left from acne, i still have some acne, well i really ain't doing well at college cause i can't take my mind off my face, i plan to drop out for a semester and work so i can go to Dr.Y and get this out of the way.

I feel this is the best thing to do, as postponing things will only make it worse.

Well i am also a musician and studying music, i am on my own right now as i secluded myself from friends and all, i have my own personal mini studio in my house, and well i recorded a song and my aunt heard it and she liked it, she knows a guy at sony who she is going to talk to and give my demo, thing is i don't know what to do, i mean i really feel down and if they show interest what should i say, that i need more time until i "fix" myself or whatnot, it sucks really, i don't know what to do.

bb_icon_cry.gif

Hi, when you use the phrase "drop out" you may be unconsciosly preparing to fail. Maybe you could tell more about the types of scars you have, and we might have advice and more options. You certainly should not look at Dr Y as the only option, since all derms learn dermabrasion in med school as a routine procedure. I'm sure there are local docs that could help you and you could stay in school. And don't worry about the Sony thing, you have a better chance at winning the lottery than getting a record deal. Ciao, keep your chin up!

If you drop out now, you might now be able to continue later. It happened to many people. You might decide not to return to college afterwards, because you'll like your new working life, you might run out of money, you might get married...etc

I suggest, finish your studies and do your dermabrasion later. Dr Y must be good allright, but none is unreplacable (that's a popular saying in my country), if that's your concern. Your scars are not severe anyway.

amnesiac, you have mild scar. You can do your dermabrasion in summer (winter) break without dropping out. I have almost the similiar problem. Dr. Y advises me not to take the bike to school since the UV hurts my newly-grown skin after the dermabrasion. I hope that I can take early-morning classes next semester. Hope that you're not dropping out.

Well my mom has advised against this too so i think i'll stay in college this semester and see what i can arrange for next semster, i hope that my christmas break is enough time to get this done.

Yeah my scars aren't horrible but they are to me you know, they have improved on their own a good bit. I plan to go to Dr.Y and do derma because i don't like to cut corners on things and there are far to many scary stories out there to go to any doctor. At least i'll be in good hands.

Sucks really, people stop me in the street and college and ask me when my band will play again and i always have to come up with something.

I know it's not good to get impatient about things as my mom is telling me, but to me this is an obstacle in many things of my life, but patience is a virtue they say.

Thanks for the answers guys, my spirits have been lifted.

You need to make the decision that is right for you so that you won't have any regrets.

Think this through a bit.... If she knows someone at Sony, then this could be a good opportunity for you. However, if you aren't ready, then this might not be the time. You might want to consider that the person she knows might not be at Sony when you ARE ready. You need to determine what's in your best interests. Sounds like 2 options:

1. Let her give them the Demo and possibly get the opportunity to succeed in music when you might not be ready for success.

2. Tell her you aren't ready to be heard yet. Get yourself together and hope that the opportunity still exists when you are ready.

Please let us know what you decide. smile.gif

"Just looking in the mirror Will make you a brave man,

I know my place, I hate my face

I know how I begin, and how I'll end."

-elliott smith

One of my favorite songwriters, sad he's gone.

I'll try and keep my mind straight to help me get through this,

find comfort in what makes me cry.

"Just looking in the mirror Will make you a brave man,

I know my place, I hate my face

I know how I begin, and how I'll end."

-elliott smith

One of my favorite songwriters, sad he's gone.

I'll try and keep my mind straight to help me get through this,

find comfort in what makes me cry.

yes,

i find love inspires the heart,

but pain inspires the soul.

For some of us beauty dies young, yet all i can do is miss it at times.

It's good to know someone cares, i take comfort in the words i read on my computer screen.

I'll be recording a few things over these months after i get my sound card fixed, i'd be glad to share it with you oursfan if you'd like so you can give me a creative input.

If you feel pressure on your chest, don't be afraid,

it's the hug i sent.

-thanks

Amnesiac, I hope you won't be offended by this, but it sounds to me like your main problems are not from scarring.

It sounds like you've got a lot of musical talent, and even opportunities coming your way(!). But you're trying to put your life on pause while you fix your scars. The fact of the matter is, you aren't ever going to look the way you did before, even if you drop out for a semester just to work on it. I know how much it sucks, but all you can do is pick up the pieces and keep going. You can still work on your scars inbetween gigs and school and recording and friends and whatnot, but there's no point in letting it totally ruin your life. Even with scars you've got a good life just waiting for you to go live it!

Yeah, I know, this post is disturbingly positive. Still true, though. mellow.gif

In a sense the problem is me, i know i can't go back to who i used to be,

mostly emotionally and mentally this disturbs me, still i know for sure it won't get better on its own, trying to ignore it or accept that i am flawed, i knew this before acne, before scars, but now i hate my face, i don't like who i see in the mirror, i don't agree with what other see as the image of me.

I can't think of anything worse than that, feeling trapped in a "flawed" body,

unhappy with the image of your ownself, fearing the mirror.

It's hard not to stop life and give it a go to seek help, when all that's on the back of my mind is my fuck*ng face. I never was perfect, never wanted to be either, i was happy with myself and i lost that, of the only things i ever had...

That's why i plan to go to Dr.Y, money is not an issue when your heart aches and your mind breaks at the sight of your own reflection.

I can go on with my regular life, but i've stopped living a good while ago.

Maybe after i do something about it i'll be happy, at ease.

You can't miss beauty when it's still truly there. smile.gif

I would most definitely like to hear what you've been up to. I am interested in what I might hear since I can relate to your inspiration (scars, pain, & taste in music). biggrin.gif

Though you will never be who you were, this is for the best- you've changed, you've grown. It helps me to listen to "Pictures of Me" by Elliott sometimes.... How the camera couldn't capture who he felt he really was.....