Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
myskinisHELL

Pics of my skin... suggestions welcome!

I'm very into natural remedies, none of the BP crap.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :T

Most of the discoloration in my skin is PIH. They take forever to fade, it seems like. :/

But I also do breakout in whiteheads and a few zits, nothing severe, just mostly comedonal acne... But it's enough to make me extremely self conscious about my skin.

post-152214-1311381246.png

post-152214-1311381275.png

post-152214-1311381291.png

post-152214-1311381246.png

post-152214-1311381275.png

post-152214-1311381291.png

Edited by myskinisHELL

You are very good looking!

And I barely see any acne, your face is good to me...

Sorry for not giving u any suggestions on products, I wouldn't worry about it though, face is good! :)

Your skin is very beautiful, but if you want product recommendations I do credit the ones in my signature with so much. I also think Kiss my Face and Burt's Bees have a lot of good products.

I think if I could pick out two products from my list for you, I'd choose the ACV toner and Mychelle hydrating fruit enzyme spray. The spray is very soothing and makes my skin glow, and the ACV mildly and gently exfoliates.

Aww, you guys are so sweet. I wish I felt pretty... my skin really holds me back from being the happy and confident person I want to be.

Omegaisjaded- I've tried ACV as a toner. I cannot stomach the smell, even if I dilute it. :[

Edited by myskinisHELL

Sorry for not giving u any suggestions on products, I wouldn't worry about it though, face is good! :)

Click on the pictures to see them up close... you'll see all of my ugly spots.

Click on the pictures to see them up close... you'll see all of my ugly spots.

Its not bad at all.

Your eyes are very pretty, show out the most.

I might've suggested this to you already, but I think you should just wash with a gentle cleanser (something with no harsh chemicals like salicylic acid or tea tree oil) and then moisturize with organic aloe vera.

manly: Why would you use BP for this? BP would probably make her skin look red and irritated, and her acne isn't nearly bad enough to justify using it...

Edited by epicdermis

Ok 1. any acne is acne and its distressing no matter what.

girl you are beautiful. But I can understand having more blemishes than the average individual can cause much distress.

All acne can be cured by dietary changes.

1. First drink more water. lots of water. liters. gallons. dont drown yourself though. just keep gulping throughout the day. start of with that for 2 weeks if no improvement

2. incorporate more fruits and vegetables in your diet

3. eliminate dairy, soy, sugar, iodines (there is enough in our diets already, overconsumption may cause acne, gluten

4. best eating habits: caveman (paleo) diets, low glycemic diets, diabetes diets

5. you can go ahead and use the bp or salycic acid treatments, and it will temporarily help but if you really want to knick it in the butt for good change your diet.

6. try extra virgin coconut oil seriously, its a wonder. drink a spoon 2-3 times a day and spot treat or moisturize with it. little goes a long way.

7. spot treating with calamine is a cheap way to heal.

8. a little goes a long way. everything in moderation. do not attempt to overdose or use too much topical thinking it will help. allow your body to heal at its pace. be patient and you will see better long lasting results. once you achieve results do not stop, you have to keep at it or it will return. You are beautiful already. just take your time. no rush.

oh the best types of fruits and veges:

fruits best: cantaloupe, grapes, apples, tomatoes, cucumbers

veges: spinach, kale, watercress, lettuce, bell peppers

roots: sweet potato and yams

for some people oranges make them breakout, so you may want to take an allergy test as acne may actually be an allergic reaction for some. consult your doctor and get an allergy test and hormone test to identify the root. you can't really provide the best treatment until you know the root cause. everyone's is different and different treatments work best for different people/may harm others..

it's interesting that multiple people recommended BP even though she specifically wrote that she's not into BP in the FIRST line of her post.

I think an ACV toner would be the best, but since you can't use that, I'd say go for lemon juice. OR a homemade vitamin C toner. All three are less harsh acids so they help restore the natural acid mantle to one's skin.

Well, if my skin looked like yours i'd be so, so happy.. Not minimising your condition at all, i know that having a tiny bit of acne can make you feel just as bad as having tons. :cry:

I like using natural remedies too, not into putting loads of chemicals onto my face as i have very sensitive skin.

Have you tried a nightly honey mask?

Just get clear, normal honey. Doesn't have to be the posh sort and apply liberally to your face about 2 hours before you go to bed. Leave on to do its work and then wash off with only water and a soft flannel. ( WARNING!!! APPLYING TOO MUCH CAN CAUSE IT TO DRIP SO DON'T DO THIS WITH YOUR BEST CLOTHES ON...)

Honey is said to be moisturising, aid healing and soften skin.

It helped my skin so much before i decided to go completely 'au natural'.

But before you try it, make sure you aren't allergic by putting a small patch of honey on somewhere like your forearm and leave for a few hours. If it gives you a rash then i wouldn't suggest putting it on your face.

And the same with any other treatment that you wash off, it can make your spots appear red when you first use it but it will soon die down.

Well, if my skin looked like yours i'd be so, so happy.. Not minimising your condition at all, i know that having a tiny bit of acne can make you feel just as bad as having tons. :cry:

I like using natural remedies too, not into putting loads of chemicals onto my face as i have very sensitive skin.

Have you tried a nightly honey mask?

Just get clear, normal honey. Doesn't have to be the posh sort and apply liberally to your face about 2 hours before you go to bed. Leave on to do its work and then wash off with only water and a soft flannel. ( WARNING!!! APPLYING TOO MUCH CAN CAUSE IT TO DRIP SO DON'T DO THIS WITH YOUR BEST CLOTHES ON...)

Honey is said to be moisturising, aid healing and soften skin.

It helped my skin so much before i decided to go completely 'au natural'.

But before you try it, make sure you aren't allergic by putting a small patch of honey on somewhere like your forearm and leave for a few hours. If it gives you a rash then i wouldn't suggest putting it on your face.

And the same with any other treatment that you wash off, it can make your spots appear red when you first use it but it will soon die down.

Hi :)

I've been using lemon juice and raw organic honey masks for about 5 days now, once at night. My skin appears to have a nice glow to it, but I can't say it's really helping heal my blemishes and prevent new ones from forming. Idk, maybe I should just give up. Nothing ever works. -sigh-

Ok 1. any acne is acne and its distressing no matter what.

girl you are beautiful. But I can understand having more blemishes than the average individual can cause much distress.

All acne can be cured by dietary changes.

1. First drink more water. lots of water. liters. gallons. dont drown yourself though. just keep gulping throughout the day. start of with that for 2 weeks if no improvement

2. incorporate more fruits and vegetables in your diet

3. eliminate dairy, soy, sugar, iodines (there is enough in our diets already, overconsumption may cause acne, gluten

4. best eating habits: caveman (paleo) diets, low glycemic diets, diabetes diets

5. you can go ahead and use the bp or salycic acid treatments, and it will temporarily help but if you really want to knick it in the butt for good change your diet.

6. try extra virgin coconut oil seriously, its a wonder. drink a spoon 2-3 times a day and spot treat or moisturize with it. little goes a long way.

7. spot treating with calamine is a cheap way to heal.

8. a little goes a long way. everything in moderation. do not attempt to overdose or use too much topical thinking it will help. allow your body to heal at its pace. be patient and you will see better long lasting results. once you achieve results do not stop, you have to keep at it or it will return. You are beautiful already. just take your time. no rush.

I've been vegetarian for about a year now...

I don't eat dairy and try to limit soy as mush as possible.

I drink 52oz of water a day. I tried drinking a full gallon a day for 2 months straight with no slip ups and my skin didn't improve, so I think 52oz is just fine.

Here's what my daily diet looks like:

BREAKFAST: Green smoothie (spinach, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, flax seed, banana, coconut milk unsweetened), 2 eggs and one bagel (with nothing on it.)

LUNCH: Romaine salad with cherry tomatoes and avocado slices topped with balsamic vinegar.

SNACK: Handful of almonds and a piece of fruit, sometimes watermelon, sometimes apples or cantelope, whatever fruit we have in the kitchen that day.

DINNER: Lentils.

This diet works for me and my body. :)

Edited by myskinisHELL

I know you said you don't want anything like BP and you'd rather have natural remedies but you also did say that your acne is comedone acne and basically that is clogged pores. Salicylic acid and BP works so well for that. I would suggest at least using it 2-3 times a week for noticeable improvements. I found that a couple years ago when I tried using natural remedies such as washing my face with honey, tomato masks and what not, I broke out like C R A Z Y! But of course, it could have been just me but that is just my take on it.

Good luck :)

What do u use on your face currently? What do u wash your face with? Any cleansers?

I know, this may sound like little different then what others have been suggesting, and I also know, people will have lots of negative comments on my comment, but I would still like to give you this advice after looking at your skin.

Right now, ur acne type is mild, I would say, u dont even have acne. I know u have marks and all, and may be small small spots, and I understand it may be killing your self esteem, but I would suggest you to leave everything that you are using currently. Just wash your face once a day with water in shower. Not very hot water, just warm.

The choice is yours, whether u want to remove these small spots right now with topicals and suffer with acne forever, with an increasing trend each year, as u start using products.

Or, just dont care about this right now, and leave it as it is, wash with plain water, not to actually wash, just water do its job in shower.This will solve your problem forever.

Its upto you if you want to take this advice, but I am pretty sure if you dont take it now, at later stages of life, you will come back to this website and eventually try this!

What do u use on your face currently? What do u wash your face with? Any cleansers?

I know, this may sound like little different then what others have been suggesting, and I also know, people will have lots of negative comments on my comment, but I would still like to give you this advice after looking at your skin.

Right now, ur acne type is mild, I would say, u dont even have acne. I know u have marks and all, and may be small small spots, and I understand it may be killing your self esteem, but I would suggest you to leave everything that you are using currently. Just wash your face once a day with water in shower. Not very hot water, just warm.

The choice is yours, whether u want to remove these small spots right now with topicals and suffer with acne forever, with an increasing trend each year, as u start using products.

Or, just dont care about this right now, and leave it as it is, wash with plain water, not to actually wash, just water do its job in shower.This will solve your problem forever.

Its upto you if you want to take this advice, but I am pretty sure if you dont take it now, at later stages of life, you will come back to this website and eventually try this!

Hey :]

I've looked into the water only regimen quite a bit in the past and since my acne isn't inflamed, I don't think it would do much for me, because like I said, my skin is just clogged up and I think not cleaning it would just make it even more clogged.

Here's what I use on my face:

Morning: Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil Cleansing Pads

Night: Tea Tree Cleansing Pads, raw honey mask and lemon juice as an astringent. The lemon juice dries my skin out a little so I might look into getting an all natural moisturizer IF I see an improvement with using lemon juice, but I REALLY prefer not to overload my skin, I like to let it be. I don't want to irritate it at all.

Water only regimen is not just for inflammed pimples. Its about going to the days when you didnt care about your skin and it was flawless. According to me, if you dont have inflammed acne, but just clogged pores, it would help u faster than those who have inflammed!

Anyways, its totally upto you! No offense to you and your regimen, but sooner or later, I believe leaving the skin alone is the best solution. Do you get pimples on your chest? No right. Then its something which you have messed up on face.

Water only regimen is not just for inflammed pimples. Its about going to the days when you didnt care about your skin and it was flawless. According to me, if you dont have inflammed acne, but just clogged pores, it would help u faster than those who have inflammed!

Anyways, its totally upto you! No offense to you and your regimen, but sooner or later, I believe leaving the skin alone is the best solution. Do you get pimples on your chest? No right. Then its something which you have messed up on face.

I get occasional whiteheads on my chest.

But you use soap on chest? Did you ever try not using a soap on chest?

Yeah I'm using a bodywash with salicylic acid.

I don't remember. But today after my bike ride, I was all sweaty and I just took a shower and didn't use any products on my face or body, just let the water clean my skin so we'll see how that goes, I'm hoping it won't break me out. My skin does feel softer not using the bodywash.

Edited by myskinisHELL

But you use soap on chest? Did you ever try not using a soap on chest?

Yeah I'm using a bodywash with salicylic acid.

I don't remember. But today after my bike ride, I was all sweaty and I just took a shower and didn't use any products on my face or body, just let the water clean my skin so we'll see how that goes, I'm hoping it won't break me out. My skin does feel softer not using the bodywash.

Pretty sure you are breaking out because of body wash on chest. Try this. You can start with just not using the body wash on the chest. Keep doing the normal routine on face if you have doubts. And if your chest doesnt break out in a month, then it was the body wash! Then do this with ur face as well.