Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ballaballa

Can i use 2 moisturizers?

I just started using Cetaphil Moisturizer(not the one with spf) and it really helps after i put on BP. I also have Proactiv moisturizer with spf. I was wondering if i can use the Cetaphil moisturizer at night and the Proactiv one in the morning since it has spf. Would this clog pores or cause pimples?

That sounds fine, just make sure the Cetaphil is ok for acne prone skin. I read somewhere that the oil-free lotion has potential pore cloggers. I know for a fact the cream has oil. Check the ingredients here

I use Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion for dry, sensitive skin treatment at night, then I use Eucerin skin renewal w/ spf 15 during the day, since you want sunblock during the day, obviously. I checked the Cetaphil ingredients on zerozits.com and most of the ingredients were ranked 0 except for Cetearyl Alcohol + Ceteareth 20 which has a rank of 4 for Comedogenicity (pore clogging). I dunno how much 1 ingredient out of the whole bottle effects the actual lotion though. Maybe I should have got something that was especially designed for the face?

EDIT: I just checked the ingredients of the face moisturizer and it doesn't have any high ratings, maybe I should switch to that. Right now, I use the 3rd one down on this page http://www.cetaphil.com/product_information/moisturizers.cfm

the first ingredients listed are the ones with a bigger percentage in the substance. so if theirs like a 4 ranked ingredient at the end of the list you shouldnt have to worry.