Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jase

so dry in the morning!

Hi all I have been on the Regimen for 5 weeks as today and I don't have any active pimples at the moment biggrin.gif . I have a question about dryness. Every time I wake up I look like Goldmember, my whole face is dried out! I am up to the full dosage of BP and I moisturise day and night.

Do you dudes experience this? The problem is that even after moisturizing I still have little flakes of skin showing especially around my eyebrows and forehead…maybe I just need to try a better moisturiser that is recommended?

Thanks!

I have had the same thing happen to me the first days I started using BP. I stopped for 2 days and then started again and now I'm fine. Just make sure you moisturize accordingly. Also, be sure you wait 10 - 15 min after washing to put BP on, then 5 - 10 after putting BP on to moisturize.

Regards

Eucerin Skin Renewal w/SPF is good for moisturizing and regimen-approved. If you have a tendency toward oily skin to begin with, though, it will make you look & feel a bit oilier. (It does that to me, at least)

I'm not even kidding here, this Almond Skin Oil Lotion works wonders. It looks like oil and it is oil. just 4 drops are enough to moisturize your face.

I use alot of BP and SA spray and my face is neve dry after washing or moisturizing.

more than likely your cleanser is drying you out too much.

when people on the regimen complain of dryness I always tell them to check out their cleansing routine. These are some suggestions which may help:

* cleansing your face with your cleanser and water should take 10 seconds or less

* do not use hot water

* do not wet your face at other times...ie no standing with your face under the shower for 10 minutes, no splashing your face at the faucet etc etc

* consider changing from a bar to a ph balanced liquid cleanser (choice something from the recommended list - avoid fragranced products)

also don't use toners and avoid any skin products with alcohols

BP would definitely dry your skin that's why some people use natural products like Tea tree oil. Maybe you should use a BP with a mixture of some moisturizing and soothing ingredients. The ones I found are here:

Paula Begoun Blemish Fighting Solution

Topix Benzaderm

Proactive Repairing Lotion

I have tried the Proactive BP and it didn't dry my skin but it's only average in controlling acne.