Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

For those who've used AHA+ without the BP....

How long did it take for an initial breakout to occur, and for it to go away?

also does using AHA+ help with small raised bumps (I think are whiteheads) ? They're clustered on one spot and some of them are under the skin , and even if I squeeze them they don't come out.

Does the AHA+ help with small comedones also? I have lots of them... they give my skin a rough appearance. And what about on scars?

any help would be great

I did a similiar post a few days ago but unfortunately nobody answered.

I guess I have the exact same type of light acne as you do, and i plan on doing the Regimen with AHA+ instead of BP as well. But i havent ordered the product yet.

Can somebody help who has done the Regimen like this? (Cleanse, AHA+ and eventually moisturize)?

And if nobody answeres here is my theory:

AHA+ exfoliates the top layer of the skin. These small white bumps are clogged pores and i think they do not only clog because of my oily skin but also because of dead skin cells. And exactly those dead skincells will get removed if AHA is applied (At least i hope so =))

Because real acne is not only clogged pores but more of a deep down infection of bacteria inside a clogged pore, my guess is that AHA works better on very light acne than on severe acne (which doesnt mean ist doesnt work on severe acne)

Does anyone disagree or is that a correct guess overall?

For those who've used AHA+ without the BP....

How long did it take for an initial breakout to occur, and for it to go away?

also does using AHA+ help with small raised bumps (I think are whiteheads) ? They're clustered on one spot and some of them are under the skin , and even if I squeeze them they don't come out.

Does the AHA+ help with small comedones also? I have lots of them... they give my skin a rough appearance. And what about on scars?

any help would be great

So is it normal for the aha to cause an initial breakout? how about causing redness, like a rash when first starting to use it?

I don't think the BP would affect it negatively so I'll give you my experience even though I am using the BP:

I had breakouts starting the 2nd week of using it - 2 or 3 cystic pimples on my cheeks, and some whiteheads on my forehead even though I never get acne there. And after 2 weeks they all went away and my skin was doing wonderful.

And I don't think the small raised bumps are whiteheads. I have them under my eyes, too close to use BP or AHA+ because it would damage the skin there. It's pockets of skin cells from what I understand, and supposedly you're supposed to go to a dermatologist to get them removed but I don't buy that.