Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys.

A few questions

I have lots of red marks all over my face, which'll hopefully fade given time and have just ordered a sample pack of dermablend but just wanted to know other peoples opinions on the stuff.

I have a few questions!

1)If you're on accutane and your skins extra specially dry, does it effect how it goes on?

2) Is it like caking mud onto your face and does it look like you're wearing huge amounts of facial makeup?

3)Does it aggravate your skin, or make your acne worse??

Im hoping dermablend is the answer for me for the moment to when one day, i can walk out without make up and nicely clear skin.

Thankyou in advance for any comments..Please add any opinions etc.

Much appreciated

Frankie

1)If you're on accutane and your skins extra specially dry, does it effect how it goes on?

-If you have extremely dry skin, it might not suit you. I have dry skin and dermablend make my skin look flaky sometimes.

2) Is it like caking mud onto your face and does it look like you're wearing huge amounts of facial makeup?

-It doesn't make my skin look like I am wearing tons of makeup (I know how to apply makeup quite well)....but....it does make my face a bit too matte.

3)Does it aggravate your skin, or make your acne worse??

-No

I agree w/ Sparty on #2 and 3.

Dermablend is one of the best natural looking makeup I've used. Just be sure to find your correct shade, and apply it with a concealor brush (MAC makes a good one) and it'll look great.

There's one thing i don't understand... i checked out the line of dermablend products and the ingredients showed mineral oil and beeswax on all of their products... two of the worse, pore-clogging things you can possibly put on your face. does demablend have a line that doesn't contain these ingredients?

^^ I was really wary too when I read the ingredients before buying. But .... I've never broken out b/c of Dermablend.

Hey guys, cheers for your replies.

Well, i got my sample thing in today and i dont think my skins sorted enough yet for dermablend.. for the parts of my skin that were smooth, it went on a treat, although a little clay-ie, but made bumps under my skin more prominant.. ive suffered read badly recently from sever cystic acne aggavated by a staphs infection so my face has basically been completely overtaken my acne.Am now just coming over the worst of it but still have quite a while to go, which was why i was desperate to find something that i could cover my face in. Also, dry patches of skin really showed up. (cos of accutane)

I think the best bet is to leave it make up free when i can and just cover lightly with powder when needed to make it look less disgusting..

Cheers again for all your replies, much appreciated.

Frankie