Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

http://ezinearticles.com/?Omega-3-Suppleme...&id=5510105

I stopped taking omega 3's because well, it didn't "cure my acne," being silly and naive, just thought it wasn't working.

But now I know that not getting enough vitamins and minerals from diet, and the right fat balance (too much bad bad fats, and bad bad hormones injected from cows and other meats).

Oil, is not a natural substance when you think about it, it's man manipulated! But not all oils are evil coconut and olive oil are good.

I still try to not get too much of these. The major oils that I eat oils from fish. I take 9 fish oil pills, 3 in the morning, afternoon, and night.

I drink at-least 13 glasses of water, and green tea. Also I have a big glass of carrot juice every morning. It's 4-5 carrots, 2 apples, celery, and broccoli.

I then make a soup with the remnants! Spinach soup is a great great great way to get your greens and delicious!

I am going to keep up with this for 3 more weeks! And Will update!

I also eat loads of sweet potatoes. Actually more like 4 a week.

I eat a lot of fruits, melons, berries, mangoes, pineapple, and lots of peppers an onions and garlic.

I am not cutting out sugar for my acne or candida, just anything unnatural and bad fats! If my body has enough nutrients that I have denied it for years, it can heal itself and kill candida acne!

And finally hopefully, be happy and healthy!

I take metamucil in the morning an night with my fish oil. Ever since this diet, I go to the bathroom atleast once a day! And when I go, I go....TMI I know!

My skin is softer, but I dunno if that is because of the epsom salt baths or the diet. I hope it's from all these changes!

not a very well written article, but there is evidence that epa/dha(fish oil) can supress the immune system, rather then super charge it. in one experiment it reduced rats ability to fight a strain of the flu virus by 80%, leading to more deaths in the fish oil group.

high dose fish oil or fish oil to any unnatural degree, will likely have worsening effects on dysbiosis, or candida infections, as your intestine is lined with bacteria, suppose you reduced your defenses that would let the bad bacteria PROLIFERATE. also, anti-imflammatory characteristics arent exactly the sole philisophical basis for selecting the most "healthiest" substances, you must understand and study what inflammation is in the first place, suppressing it isnt always a good thing, it is generally an attempt to repair tissue damage, and sometimes, can actually contribute to the damage of tissue itself, supposedly. but also "inflammation" also includes bacterial killing processes, so to supress inflammation would be also to disarm your bodys ability to kill bad bacteria, viruses, and foreign material that gets into your body.

to sum up, this guy PROBABLY hasnt a clue what he is talking about. i hardly have a clue about how this stuff works, but i certainly know more then the guy that wrote that article. but i do know this, there is much more to know about these topics before i can go around claiming im some expert on them. ADVICE: consult real experts, most likely, scientists.

Edited by AutonomousOne1980
not a very well written article, but there is evidence that epa/dha(fish oil) can supress the immune system, rather then super charge it. in one experiment it reduced rats ability to fight a strain of the flu virus by 80%, leading to more deaths in the fish oil group.

high dose fish oil or fish oil to any unnatural degree, will likely have worsening effects on dysbiosis, or candida infections, as your intestine is lined with bacteria, suppose you reduced your defenses that would let the bad bacteria PROLIFERATE. also, anti-imflammatory characteristics arent exactly the sole philisophical basis for selecting the most "healthiest" substances, you must understand and study what inflammation is in the first place, suppressing it isnt always a good thing, it is generally an attempt to repair tissue damage, and sometimes, can actually contribute to the damage of tissue itself, supposedly. but also "inflammation" also includes bacterial killing processes, so to supress inflammation would be also to disarm your bodys ability to kill bad bacteria, viruses, and foreign material that gets into your body.

to sum up, this guy PROBABLY hasnt a clue what he is talking about. i hardly have a clue about how this stuff works, but i certainly know more then the guy that wrote that article. but i do know this, there is much more to know about these topics before i can go around claiming im some expert on them. ADVICE: consult real experts, most likely, scientists.

You're probably right. You are very wise in this world! I am onto something new now!

I stopped taking omega 3's because well, it didn't "cure my acne," being silly and naive,

You should consume omega 3s for reasons far more important than acne. Instead of trying to find a pill to cure you, try eating right. Have fish, especially oily cold water fish like salmon and sardines, a few times a week, and limit omega 6 sources like grains and products from grain fed animals.

Edited by alternativista

I stopped taking omega 3's because well, it didn't "cure my acne," being silly and naive,

You should consume omega 3s for reasons far more important than acne. Instead of trying to find a pill to cure you, try eating right. Have fish, especially oily cold water fish like salmon and sardines, a few times a week, and limit omega 6 sources like grains and products from grain fed animals.

You are so right Vista! The more I eat fish, the more my body sort of craves it! I am going to eat some right now! YAY! I wish I could find more fish at my grocery, maybe I am just looking in the wrong place.

I have gotten rid of gluten, and is brown rice ok? What do you recommend for a shopping list that you cook and use daily. I am struggling to compose meals to keep me satiated. I have noticed that my stools are often and not to be graphic but far more...grand in size than usual. I feel great!