Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why is it, that we, acne sufferers, have to deal with this shit every day of our lives when most (I'd say 75 % of the people in the world) don't have to deal with? It's just not fair and I'm sick of being the minority (the 25 %) and feeling like such a loser. I'm tired of looking at people on TV and movies with such perfect, flawless, clear skin. I'm sick of going in public and seeing everybody's perfect skin. I'm serious. It seems that out of 10 people I see in public, 9 of them have perfect skin. The 1 person out of the 10 has like one pimple and no acne whatsoever. I RARELY ever see somebody with acne in public. Makes me feel like shit knowing I'm alone in this. When I was in school (I just graduated from high school in May), I'd say out of every 10 kids (from freshmen to seniors), like 2 out of the 10 had pimples/acne. The other 8 had perfect flawless skin. Once again, made me feel like shit and depressed (I was depressed preety much every day of my Senior year because of acne. People would ask me what was wrong and I'd just tell them I was tired). From when I woke up today (at 12:00 pm) to about 1:30, I was in my room crying over my acne and thinking about how it wasn't fair how I had to deal with this and others don't. Other people can do NOTHING for their skin (I mean, eat what they want, drink what they want, never wash their face, touch their face, etc.) and they never get pimples. If I drunk a canned Coke, I'd get about 5 new pimples but anyone else can drink 8 Cokes in a day and nothing would happen. It's so fucked up it's not even funny. It's like God put me here so people can look at me and say, "Well, atleast I don't look like him with all that acne". I ask God to help me, but he just doesn't want to help. It's pathetic. I HATE God because he hates me. Why would I love God when he is against me? That'd be counter-productive. He's made my life a living hell ever since I turned 16 (when I started getting acne), and made me hate my life. I've told my mom numerous times that "I can't get any enjoyment out of my life until my acne goes away". And from the look of things, it's not going to go away anytime soon. Some days, I feel good about my acne and think it's going to go away, but the next day, I usually get a new pimple somewhere (be it my face, my neck, my chest, my back, my shoulders, or my upper arms) and I'll say "The sooner I accept acne as a part of life and just accept it's never going to go away, the easier it will be". Like today, I got a pimple on the side of my nose. What kind of bullshit is that? Who gets pimples there? *sigh* My life is over. It's never going to end. I'm never going to be able to get married, have kids, etc. all because of acne. Hell, I won't even be able to get LAID. This is REALLY kind of pathetic, but I'm a 18 year old MALE virgin. I know, it's sad. I can't even go out in public without looking down at the ground, so obviously, I'm not going to go up and talk to a girl. I can't even look people in the eyes, so I'd look kind of stupid talking to a girl looking the other direction. Then again, my mentality is girls want nothing to do with a guy like me who has acne (MODERATE acne at that; if it was minor, I might have a chance) and I'm probably right about that. Girls want guys with perfect skin and not pimples and acne everywhere. It just doesn't work out. Anyways, sorry for the little rant but I'm really depressed right now and I'm just sick of my life.

If your going to say "Oh, well just take medicine for your acne or drink water", I do both. I drink 8 glasses of water a day. I take Clindamycin Phosphate Lotion in the morning (on my face), BP (before showering on my face and body), and Retin a Micro (at night along with the Minocycline pill). My dermatologist told me this combination will work and I call bullshit. I've been using it for almost 18 weeks and my acne has virtually not changed at all (except for my scars on my cheeks. My scars have improved I guess a lot). But yeah.

Edited by Kody_R_F

I dated a guy with acne when i was 16, for 15 months, and fell completely in love with him, i didnt even notice it in the end, and when i think about him now (5 years later) I dont remember him for his acne, but the fun times we had and how he broke my heart :( At least you might grow out of it, I got acne when i was 20.. its not like the hormones are going to go away for me now! Im out of puberty... blah! But i know what you mean, allll my friends have perfect skin and dont wear any make-up, and here's me not wanting to go out in the evening because i dont want to put slap on, and they complain and i cant tell them its cause of my skin. They dont have to worry about it ever. Its totally not fair. But there must be other things you like about yourself? I mean, Im skinny and can eat what i want and never gain weight, im sure there are millions of girls who would swap their skin with me for my metabolism. Make a list of things that are good about yourself and read it everyday! positive, positive, positive! It will get better! :)

Tell me about it! i know how hard it can be. I hate looking around and seeing peoples perfect skin, i think its something i'll never be able to grasp the fact. Luckily my skin has basically cleared up but i still have tonnes of red marks :evil: Also i agree about being positive, if there is a girl who doesnt want to go out with you because of your skin then she's not worth it and you wouldnt have known that if you had clear skin. Trust me, i know acne is bad but don't bring yourself down about it

I dated a guy with acne when i was 16, for 15 months, and fell completely in love with him, i didnt even notice it in the end, and when i think about him now (5 years later) I dont remember him for his acne, but the fun times we had and how he broke my heart :( At least you might grow out of it, I got acne when i was 20.. its not like the hormones are going to go away for me now! Im out of puberty... blah! But i know what you mean, allll my friends have perfect skin and dont wear any make-up, and here's me not wanting to go out in the evening because i dont want to put slap on, and they complain and i cant tell them its cause of my skin. They dont have to worry about it ever. Its totally not fair. But there must be other things you like about yourself? I mean, Im skinny and can eat what i want and never gain weight, im sure there are millions of girls who would swap their skin with me for my metabolism. Make a list of things that are good about yourself and read it everyday! positive, positive, positive! It will get better! :)

Wow, that must be nice! I have severe acne and I have to watch my weight. I may be thin, but I run my butt off an count my calories-ugh! I really got dealt some sucky cards in life.

Why is it, that we, acne sufferers, have to deal with this shit every day of our lives when most (I'd say 75 % of the people in the world) don't have to deal with? It's just not fair and I'm sick of being the minority (the 25 %) and feeling like such a loser. I'm tired of looking at people on TV and movies with such perfect, flawless, clear skin. I'm sick of going in public and seeing everybody's perfect skin. I'm serious. It seems that out of 10 people I see in public, 9 of them have perfect skin. The 1 person out of the 10 has like one pimple and no acne whatsoever. I RARELY ever see somebody with acne in public. Makes me feel like shit knowing I'm alone in this. When I was in school (I just graduated from high school in May), I'd say out of every 10 kids (from freshmen to seniors), like 2 out of the 10 had pimples/acne. The other 8 had perfect flawless skin. Once again, made me feel like shit and depressed (I was depressed preety much every day of my Senior year because of acne. People would ask me what was wrong and I'd just tell them I was tired). From when I woke up today (at 12:00 pm) to about 1:30, I was in my room crying over my acne and thinking about how it wasn't fair how I had to deal with this and others don't. Other people can do NOTHING for their skin (I mean, eat what they want, drink what they want, never wash their face, touch their face, etc.) and they never get pimples. If I drunk a canned Coke, I'd get about 5 new pimples but anyone else can drink 8 Cokes in a day and nothing would happen. It's so fucked up it's not even funny. It's like God put me here so people can look at me and say, "Well, atleast I don't look like him with all that acne". I ask God to help me, but he just doesn't want to help. It's pathetic. I HATE God because he hates me. Why would I love God when he is against me? That'd be counter-productive. He's made my life a living hell ever since I turned 16 (when I started getting acne), and made me hate my life. I've told my mom numerous times that "I can't get any enjoyment out of my life until my acne goes away". And from the look of things, it's not going to go away anytime soon. Some days, I feel good about my acne and think it's going to go away, but the next day, I usually get a new pimple somewhere (be it my face, my neck, my chest, my back, my shoulders, or my upper arms) and I'll say "The sooner I accept acne as a part of life and just accept it's never going to go away, the easier it will be". Like today, I got a pimple on the side of my nose. What kind of bullshit is that? Who gets pimples there? *sigh* My life is over. It's never going to end. I'm never going to be able to get married, have kids, etc. all because of acne. Hell, I won't even be able to get LAID. This is REALLY kind of pathetic, but I'm a 18 year old MALE virgin. I know, it's sad. I can't even go out in public without looking down at the ground, so obviously, I'm not going to go up and talk to a girl. I can't even look people in the eyes, so I'd look kind of stupid talking to a girl looking the other direction. Then again, my mentality is girls want nothing to do with a guy like me who has acne (MODERATE acne at that; if it was minor, I might have a chance) and I'm probably right about that. Girls want guys with perfect skin and not pimples and acne everywhere. It just doesn't work out. Anyways, sorry for the little rant but I'm really depressed right now and I'm just sick of my life.

If your going to say "Oh, well just take medicine for your acne or drink water", I do both. I drink 8 glasses of water a day. I take Clindamycin Phosphate Lotion in the morning (on my face), BP (before showering on my face and body), and Retin a Micro (at night along with the Minocycline pill). My dermatologist told me this combination will work and I call bullshit. I've been using it for almost 18 weeks and my acne has virtually not changed at all (except for my scars on my cheeks. My scars have improved I guess a lot). But yeah.

So I feel I have so much to say and I'm not sure where to begin. First off, God did not do this to you. We all get dealt cards in life and some of us get crapy ones. Some people get cancer, which really sucks. I feel grateful that I just have acne, cause life can always be worse. I have had severe cystic acne since I was about 15 years old. I am now 29 which means about half of my life, I've had acne. I have tired every medication there is, including accutane. Which by the way is awesome even though it didn't cure me permenently. I am actually going on a third course starting Thursday. I hopefully will be put back in remission for awhile. You might want to look into that.

And I also want you to know that I got married so there is hope. I agree with all your feelings (except the part about God) and I understand them because I have acne myself. No one will understand you unless they themselves have endured it. That sucks, but it's life. I have my moments where I cry too, but I know that because of accutane I will soon be clear even if only for awhile.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me.

I feel you bro. I wash my face more than anyone else and it looks like shit. I feel like nobody's skin is as bad as mine, I see grimy slimy teens with crazy hormones that have perfectly clear skin.

Just remember, some people's disfigurements are permanent, for example if you have a huge nose, you need to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to shrink it. If you have creepy eyes, there's nothing you can do. Acne, on the other hand, is temporary, and you can cover it up more easily than other problems. I know this isn't going to reassure you in the short term, and believe me I hear it a lot and it doesn't help me, but it's true. It will get better with time and proper care.

That's what I used to think and I was pretty bitter for a little while. After a while I got tired of hiding my face so in public I just acted "cool and confident". Actually, once I started acting confident, guys started to pay much more attention to me. At first that really confused me, but then I realized that no one really cares about skin that much. It's all about personality and the air you give off :) Oh, and those people with perfect skin? They probably have more problems in other areas that aren't such a big deal as skin.

With HD, we are seeing stars are not so perfect like they are made out to be. I am unhappy with my skin or impurities and a scar I now sport. Then again, I am not seal either, and he never deserved it but, he is much worse then all of us. Still, he is married to Hedi Klum, the model and has a beautiful family. You must reach for the stars. Do not let anything ruin you or your life. I am a hypocrite but, I try to see the good. Its not so easy some days but, you can do it.

I dated some girl. I met her out with her parents. It was nice. I made a great impression. Little did I know, my skin was awful, and yet, I still did it. :D You need to go beyond how your looks and how upset you are. Just live. Its not the end of the world and in 50yrs from now, you will regret not being happy. This is as good as it gets man.

I'm tired of looking at people on TV and movies with such perfect, flawless, clear skin.
:wall: Are you serious... Most people on tv have layers of makeup.

Try it at my age 51!!!! NO ONE my age and I mean NO ONE has acne, they hardley have wrinkles also but me, I not only have acne but wrinkles to deal with now. I work at a restaurant and I am the oldest there, I am 2 yrs older than my boss who owns the store and out of all of the kids that work there only 1 other has acne but she just got off of bc so her body is still adjusting and in a few months her face will be clear like everyone else! What I really hate and don't understand is I have taken care of myself all of my life, eat healthy, drink water get plenty of exercise, treat my skin with care and none of these kids do that, they eat fried food everyday, ice cream, gallons of soda, a couple of them smoke and drink and smoke other stuff and they still don't get a zit! Then you get to women my age and I get the pity looks, the " better you than me" looks and it just makes me, I really don't know how it makes me feel anymore. I am tired of not being able to enjoy what I eat, worrying how my skin looks in different lite, reading food lables, or wrinting down everything I put in my mouth so if I break out I will know what caused it and avoid that food or drink. So coupled with the length of time I have had acne, I probably will have it the rest of my life. Where is the XANAX!!!! Elf

I have to tell you I completely understand where you are coming from. I have had acne from age 15-30, it is still terrible. I feel like no one understands the mental pain and shame of acne. I really sympathize w/ your feelings. All I can say is you should really try accutane. I have had 3 courses. With each course it clears completely. Sadly it returns within a few months. The times when my face was clear, it was like I was a differnent person (happy, confident) and when it looks like shit I am depressed and embarassed every day. Try the accutane, it does have side effects, but mine go away after stopping the med. hang in there

i understand u completely ..im 18 and have so much acne and acne scars..i feel way depressed...i never go out or do anything...i hate going out and seeing everyone else with no acne at all and im the only one with it

hundreds of thousands of dollars to shrink it

I only paid 5 grand for my rhinoplasty :P

Anyway, I'm with you OP. I've only just started suffering from Acne at 19. I had my first break out last summer, but up until just a few months ago its been pretty minor. It hardly bothered me, but now its ALL OVER MY FACE. Its on my cheeks, my forehad, and my chin, like 80% of my skin is covered with bumps or redness. I even some how have 1 indented line scar =C.

I only have a couple friends with acne, but the rest have pretty nice skin. No one on my paternal side or my maternal side has acne. My father had it bad when he was younger, but yeah =/. It sucks.

I've just started on a medication regimen that the derm prescribed me. While I am pretty sure its getting better, my face just looks awful. I feel like a leper. I can barely stand to look at myself in the mirror. I often go great lengths to avoid mirrors. When I go out I pile on makeup, which I'm sure is probably counterproductive to healing. Even with all of the [very expensive] makeup on you can still notice some of the bumps and redness =/.

My dermatologist suggested that I wait 3 months before coming back to see him. He said if my acne has improved that he'll start doing peels on my face. :rolleyes:

*sigh* - Sorry for ranting and hijacking your thread, but I completely agree with notion of it not being fair.