Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ohhhhhhnooooooo

I'm done with this, I truly am

After years of spending thousands of dollars on acne products, I have came to a conclusion; I AM DONE. I don't mean done as in having a clear face with no acne, I mean done as in I do not want to spend anymore time and money buying acne products that only work for a day. After doing months of research on acne, I have found out that acne companies make buyers feel like their product is a necessity. I no longer want to be in that dark hole where I have to rely on a chemical! Therefore, I am going to try stopping this problem by not washing my face with harmful products like benzoyl peroxide and instead, use water and only water. Not only am I sick of spending money on products, I am sick of having acne! My face is always red because of the products I use. I used almost all of the products in store, benzoyl peroxide, salycic acid, tretinoin, feverfew, proactiv, neutrogena complete acne system, etc. By applying these products on my face, I have noticed that my face has been red, itchy, flaky, dry, and irritated. I realized that acne is natural and the only way it will go away is naturally. Hopefully this works! (I have no hope for anything else)

good for you! i am thinking of quitting on moisturiser altogether & just using retin a. iv worn moisturiser for so long that when i dont my skin fees tight & flakey, but i reckon this would normalise itself after abit. Just like using hand cream can make your hands dryer, or lip balm

You won't be sorry. This is possibly the best thing you could do to help your acne! I use just water and it's the best.

Also how old are you? Does acne run in the family?

You won't be sorry. This is possibly the best thing you could do to help your acne! I use just water and it's the best.

Also how old are you? Does acne run in the family?

Yeah, I heard it's the best and the healthiest! I'm 19 and yes, only for my mother though. My sibling and father have no acne

good for you! i am thinking of quitting on moisturiser altogether & just using retin a. iv worn moisturiser for so long that when i dont my skin fees tight & flakey, but i reckon this would normalise itself after abit. Just like using hand cream can make your hands dryer, or lip balm

yeah, I use retin-a too but I want to stop using it because it makes my face very red due to the amount of alcohol inside the chemical.

If you want to clear up acne the natural way...watch what you eat ie diet. My suggestion for you is to eat vegetables, take multvits, take fish oil, avoid bad carbs, fast foods, saturated foods, sugared drinks/food. If you pretty much eat salads throughout your meal with your vitamins, you'll clear your acne, trust me. But you also have to avoid those foods ive mentioned.

Guest davidtheskinking

That's a brilliant idea! I support you in that!

Sometimes people use so many products that they bombard their skin with chemicals... They just need to let their skin breathe! Your skin does have pores for a reason!

I recommend drinking a lot of water during this time too, and eating a healthy diet full in organic raw fruits and vegetables.

I have seen the detrimental effects of dangerous acne treatments firsthand.

My brother was born with a birth defect because of accutane, my mom took it and my brother was born with a birth defect and my mother had problems with her health years later too.

All natural is the way to go and you will feel better and improve your skin i'm sure!

Good luck!

If you want to clear up acne the natural way...watch what you eat ie diet. My suggestion for you is to eat vegetables, take multvits, take fish oil, avoid bad carbs, fast foods, saturated foods, sugared drinks/food. If you pretty much eat salads throughout your meal with your vitamins, you'll clear your acne, trust me. But you also have to avoid those foods ive mentioned.

i tried to watch my diet but i just can't do it. as a 19 year old who plays sports and hangs out with friends, i find it impossible to do, for me that is. my friends and i always go out to eat after a good game of basketball... and i love cheese burgers!

That's a brilliant idea! I support you in that!

Sometimes people use so many products that they bombard their skin with chemicals... They just need to let their skin breathe! Your skin does have pores for a reason!

I recommend drinking a lot of water during this time too, and eating a healthy diet full in organic raw fruits and vegetables.

I have seen the detrimental effects of dangerous acne treatments firsthand.

My brother was born with a birth defect because of accutane, my mom took it and my brother was born with a birth defect and my mother had problems with her health years later too.

All natural is the way to go and you will feel better and improve your skin i'm sure!

Good luck!

I have been eating a lot of fruits and vegetables and have been drinking a lot of water daily. I'm sorry to hear that!

So I haven't been washing my face and I see minor results. Even though I got 2 - 3 pimples, my face seems less red. I used to use tretinoin and benzoyl peroxide and that made me red like a cherry. Hopefully I don't give in and continue this!

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

A few days isn't much time for a routine like this (or any routine). Gotta give it a good 2-3 months. I'm about a month and a half in, and my acne has almost entirely subsided. I just have issues with marks and minor possible scarring, as well as some minor adjustments my skin still needs to complete before it feels and looks entirely as I'd like it to. But even now I have my off days. So it's a long process.

i see. it feels good to know im not the only one trying this! i find it amazing, the easiest way to get rid of acne is water. the patience is the hard part!

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

Good for you man. Sometimes you need to let go and just simplify instead of buying into all of this stuff. Personally I found that BP made my skin super inflamed, making the appearance of scars worse, and also caused me to get these weird red blemishes(worse than even the first 3 weeks of tretinoin and sun sensitivity was horrible even w SPF). I thought that it was kind of weird since the acne.org regimen is "more BP the better!", but I guess it goes to show you that different people have different methods to the madness. Good luck :D

Edited by robiii

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

Sometimes it takes this kind of frustration to realize the truth. Skin care companies care about your money more than your desire to have clear skin. And they will convince you otherwise. It took me this kind of frustration/despair to finally give up and just go to water, and i'm so glad i did. I never exfoliate, or use anything but water on my face, and it is the first time since i was 15 that i haven't had to worry about acne. What i found to work best is just standing in the shower and letting the water run over my face. I don't use any product in my hair so nothing can drip onto it. The key to doing this and not having dry skin is to keep your showers extremely short. Like 5 minutes tops, and avoiding really hot water. This lets the water rinse off your body and face without irritating your skin by over drying it.

p.s.-clean pillow cases are huge too, like every night

i also cut out dairy, most sugar, and soy with very noticeable results

i wanna try the water only but i wear make up .. x

How heavy is your makeup? I've seen plenty of women talk about washing with just water who wear makeup. Some might use a washcloth to remove it, or might steam with a washcloth to help melt it and then rinse off as normal, or others will just stick to the shower/sink and rinse thorouhly. I've found that when using lighter makeup, it can mostly be removed without issue.

I don't wear makeup, but i understand how it can be very important for girls. But i also think you could get away with this method by using less or a different type that's easier to wash off. Hopefully you can work your way towards not needing it at all. Personally i think girls are more attractive with little to no makeup, but that's just me

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

when you have given up accutane is waiting for you

Same here. It was the only solution for me after years of misery.

Good for you man. Sometimes you need to let go and just simplify instead of buying into all of this stuff. Personally I found that BP made my skin super inflamed, making the appearance of scars worse, and also caused me to get these weird red blemishes(worse than even the first 3 weeks of tretinoin and sun sensitivity was horrible even w SPF). I thought that it was kind of weird since the acne.org regimen is "more BP the better!", but I guess it goes to show you that different people have different methods to the madness. Good luck :D

yeah i had the same problems. i used bp and tretinoin and it seemed to work for my acne but not for my scars. BP and tretinoin made my face really red and made my scars look red. Since I haven't been using BP and tretinoin, my scars and redness have been slowly fading away!

I have tried so so many acne products over the last six years.. and I felt like giving up too! But recently I have cut out dairy and gluten from my diet and I have also started drinking 3 to 5 cups of green tea a day... after 3 weeks of this, I'm nearly clear!! I really do believe our diet is linked to acne... even if you cant cut out dairy and gluten, you should try green tea!

I really hope you find a solution! :)

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.