Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
We are in this together

Trying to get rid of acne

My journey becoming acne free

HEYYY :D So basically I have decided I am just done with my acne, and I am NOT putting up with it any longer. I am going to get rid of it one way or another (hopefully! :lol: ). Basically I am keeping this log for my purposes; to keep me on track and so I can view my progress. I am also doing it for you guys too so you can see if what works for me works for you. :D

My story: :) I'm a 15 year old girl and I am going into the 11th grade. I have had acne for about 3 years but it feels like forever :confused: I have tried it all: clean & clear, neutrogena, clearasil, aveeno, burts bees, proactiv, at one time I was even using dial soap on my face (dad's idea). I have also used differin, tazorac, and gone on antibiotics (which was a bad idea considering I had an allergic reaction). Currently I am using the DKR and have been on it for 3 months.

So here is my objective: find out what breaks me out and what doesn't and eliminate the ones that do.

My current face wash routine is the DKR I wash my face, apply bp, moisturize (all Dan's products) then add jojoba oil (not Dan's product). This has been working good, but I think I need to do more to help my skin.

My acne I would say is mild, but I have some scaring on my cheeks. I break out really bad before my time of the month (about 6 pimples) , and then about 7 pimples just throughout the month randomly. I break out anywhere on my face; it isn't just a set area. I also have a little back acne, and occasionally chest, but it doesn't bother me.

The first thing I'm going to to is drink more water :D. My goal is to get atleast 100 ounces of water a day. I've heard water is good for your skin, but even if it isn't it can't hurt.

2nd thing: My diet :doh: I love ice cream, cheese, milk, yogurt! But I have heard that milk can cause breakouts! So, maybe this is breaking me out?? I don't know, but to find out I'm going to cut down on dairy. No more ice cream, or yogurt. I'm replacing the milk I drink and use for cereal with almond milk (yummy :D), and cutting down on my cheese (since lots of foods have cheese I'll still be eating some).

3rd thing: no more makeup...or less I should say...I have been makeup free for 3 weeks and my skin has been better, so I'm going to continue and see what happens. I will occasionally still wear it (maybe once a week) if I'm going out with friends like to a party or something.

Why do all this now? It's summer so I'm out of school and it's a good time to experiment (especially with the no makeup) and well I want to see if dairy really is breaking me out or not.

I will try and write everyday, but no promises :D

:lol:

And please feel free to add ideas about my little plan, or comment, or whatever you want :)

Edited by We are in this together

DAY 1

YAYY I'm so proud of myself!! :banana: I stuck with everything I said I was going to do. :dance:

Water: I drank over 100 oz of water. I also had green tea and unsweetened tea with lemon

Diet: No dairy today, none.

Breakfast: special k with almond milk

Lunch: pizza and salad, since pizza has cheese what I did is picked all the toppings off, then picked all the cheese off, the put the toppings back on. So bascially I was eating crust, sauce, and toppings (green pepper and mushrooms). It was DELICIOUS! I LOVE it without the cheese, and will be eating pizza cheese free from now on

Dinner: pasta with lots of cooked veggies on top

Snacks: grapes and a muffin (the muffins are a special no dairy recipe)

Makeup: none (not even eye)

Currently I have 3 small white heads (one on each cheek and my chin), then I have about 10 small little bumps inbetween my eyebrows. These have been here for about 5 days and haven't formed a white head or anything. They are very annoying. I also have 3 bumps on my forehead. But overall this is less than what I usually have and my face looks good actually.

:)

Any comments or questions are appreciated. :D

Oh side note: I'm a vegetarian, so not eating dairy (or cutting down on it) basically makes me kind of vegan, which can be hard at times.

OMG, I would love to go without makeup! Whenever I do (if im working out or something) it takes me sooooooo much less time to get ready, and I love being able to touch my face without worrying about my makeup coming off. Alas, I think I look much better with makeup, and while I am cutting down on my makeup, I would never go around people I know without it. Which is dumb because my skin would probs be better without makeup

OMG, I would love to go without makeup! Whenever I do (if im working out or something) it takes me sooooooo much less time to get ready, and I love being able to touch my face without worrying about my makeup coming off. Alas, I think I look much better with makeup, and while I am cutting down on my makeup, I would never go around people I know without it. Which is dumb because my skin would probs be better without makeup

I love it!! It takes me like 10 minutes to get ready now instead of an hour cuz I don't spend time putting makeup on. And ya if I accidentally touch my face I don't need to worry about my makeup. It's the same when eating, if I get a little food on my chin I can just wipe it off without thinking. Before I would like blot it off or gently wipe so my makeup wouldn't come off there. Atleast you are cutting down on it you said. That is a big step. When trying to stop wearing makeup it helps if you take baby steps. First just stay at home all day and don't wear any makeup. The next day go on a walk around your neighborhood without makeup. The next day run to the post office or a store real quick without it. The next day go out to dinner without it. Then slowly build your way up to being able to not wear makeup at all in public. Don't get me wrong makeup isn't a bad thing, and I will still be wearing it on occasion. But my skin definitely loves this no makeup thing :)

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

Ya thats what I'm trying to test with this no dairy thing. I'm gonna see if it breaks me out on the days I eat it or if there is no effect. Obviously if I'm craving a bowl of yogurt, I'm gonna eat it. Just so I don't go crazy hahaha.

Oh the blowing nose thing is so true! I remember if I would blow my nose in class I would immediately get out my pocket mirror to see if my makeup had been wiped off around my nose. Most of the time it did and then it was such a hassle to fix

Personally, my skin got much better when I went a few weeks without makeup, but as soon as I decided to start wearing it again my skin got worse :/

Edited by Ghost08

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

I would do the same thing too! Put the tissue under my nose and gently pat. Haha. And ya I'm not stressing about the dairy thing. I actually had some today (cottage cheese and a piece of cheese) I figured if that much breaks me out its not even worth trying to not eat it. I'm just trying to eat less dairy.

And about the makeup thing, that is a good point. But I just use my everyday facial cleanser to remove my makeup. So nothing has changed I still use that facial cleanser with or without makeup. And I make sure to get it all off at night. But good point thanks

So you don't even use any face or hair product do you? (I saw some of your comments in other posts). What is that like? Mostly how does your skin like it? Currently I'm using the dkr

Edited by We are in this together

DAY 2

Water: drank more than 100 oz

Diet: today I had some dairy; cottage cheese, a piece of cheese, and I might go downstairs and have some ice cream after I post this. I'm gonna try and cut down dairy. But if I really want some yogurt or whatever for me its not worth it to suffer not eating it just for my skin. And I don't know, maybe dairy isn't breaking me out. Then cutting back is a waste. I'm still gonna try and cut back though.

Makeup: didn't wear any today :)

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

Alrighty:) I'm gonna try your water only thing on my hair and body...I just can't bring myself to do it on my face yet. I'm on dans regimen and still giving that time. Im afraid without benzoyl peroxide I'll breakout on my face. What about when shaving your legs do you use shaving cream?

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

Various brands made me break out but when I finally broke down and bought Everyday Minerals and wore that on occasion it never broke me out.

I suppose mineral makeup is easier to remove?

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.