Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
seekingclarity

I need advice...

Hey, I'm new here. I've only recently begun to consider scar treatment. My scarring isn't severe but it's enough that it definitely effects my self-confidence. I know some of the pigmentation/discoloration will get better with time, but the deep-set scars will not. I guess I just don't know where to start. I've read the articles on this website related to scar treatment and it seems like every method of effective treatment is very expensive and/or involves an extensive recovery period.

I don't have a lot of money, and can't afford to take a significant amount of time off of work (a few days would be okay). Where's a good place to start?

Thanks for your help.

Meant to post this as well...here's a picture of the scarring I'm dealing with. The other side of my face has some, but not this bad...post-154056-1310335719_thumb.jpg

post-154056-1310335719_thumb.jpg

Edited by seekingclarity

chemical peels are great for scaring, i would recommend a TCA peel for you. it is pretty strong. you would need to do a couple of them but be warned that they are painful and not to be messed with if you cannot control picking, because it will scar you if you pick. anyways TCA peels really would make a difference. look into them, your skin looks real bad for about 4 days but when its done you can tell a difference. you do them about once a month. hope this helps at least a little bit.

i believe that tca cross would be a better option than tca peel, but both will help

tca cross will raise your skin more, but a tca peel can be more evenly applied

Okay, thanks guys. Is it better to get peels from a dermatologist or are there reputable places to buy them online? The idea of doing a chemical peel without any sort of professional consultation is pretty intimidating to be honest. :confused:

I'd definitely prep your skin for something as strong as a TCA peel, whether its the cross method or not. For your first few peels I'd suggest going to a derm office or med spa just to make sure you see how its done and you get to build your skin up to something as strong as TCA.

Only con is it will be more expensive than doing it yourself, but would you rather pay 75-100 bucks and have piece of mind or pay 20 bucks and try to do it yourself, then phuck up your skin? Now if you were going to do something less invasive like a lactic acid or glycolic peel, then I'd suggest doing it at home for sure. But TCA is STRONG STRONG stuff, you leave it on too long and it will burn your skin bad.

Lastly, I'd recommend making an appt with a cosmetic derm or plastic surgeon. Have them classify what type of scarring you have and then go from there.

Your pic shows some scarring, but usually most people have a combo of different types of scars and different scars require different treatment plans.

Good luck

my tca peels were from online however you cant really buy good peels with out a liscence (my ma works in the beauty industry so she has one) so i suggest going and getting one from the dermatologist