Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scoobie_do

Oral Recipe for Collagen

Ran across this recipe for an increase in your body production of collagen. Havn't

tried it myself.

infor on the author, Linus Pauling, 20th century genius chemist:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linus_Pauling

Dr. Rath website:

http://www.drrathresearch.org/

their collagen elixer:

Twice a week pre-bed on days when I have an empty stomach at that time I take:

L-Proline

L-Lysine

Vitamin C

This formula was recommended by Linus Pauling and supported by Dr. Rath who recommends the addition of EgCG, specifically to support healthy blood vessels.

If I were attempting to repair a connective tissue injury I would dose this formula + EgCG several times a day every day.

Vitamine C (ascorbic acid) works as a coenzyme to convert proline and lysine to hydroxy-proline and hydroxy-lysine, both important to the collagen structure.

Ratio: 1.2/3/3/

Total daily is:

1.2 grams of L-Proline

3 grams of L-Lysine

3 grams of Vitamin C

in three to six divided doses.

Proline and lysine must be hydroxylated into hydroxyproline and hydroxylysine in order for collagen to have proper strength and structure. Symptoms of defective synthesis would include pain in limbs and general weakening of collagen in tendons and bones.

Vitamin C is essential for hydroxylating proline and lysine. Collagen synthesized in the absence of vitamin C is usually insufficiently hydroxylated and thus less stable and easily destroyed.

The cofactor manganese is needed for glycolysation of specific hydroxylysine residues and a copper-dependent cross linking though lysl and hydroxylysyl derivatives. The stability of collagen depends on the hydroxyproline content and on the lysine-hydroxylysl cross-links.

1. amino acids taken on an empty stomach cause their own special effects, when not competing for absorption with other aminos

2. this formula will increase the bodies own production of cartlidge, collagen, connective tissue and blood vessel repair/health

I know of the practice of isolating an amino acid for effect, I've taken

l-tyrosine for years to convert to thyroxine for a low thyroid.....

same principle, on an empty stomache.

Just guessing, but there probably on to something. The guy did

win the Nobel prize in Chemistry one year. I'll give it a whirl.........

Just guessing, but there probably on to something. The guy did

win the Nobel prize in Chemistry one year. I'll give it a whirl.........

Interesting..

Hey, if ya can, please keep us updated and tell us exactly what products you use! :surprised: