Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I find that for inflamed acne, 100% pure tea tree oil is very effective as a spot treatment. (: It reduces inflammation, helps to dry up bumps and heals pimples faster after you've squeezed them. (I'm just speaking from personal experience right now) I also like that it's antibacterial and an antiseptic. But like with every other product... it doesn't work for everyone. You should test it on a small area of skin to make sure you're not allergic to it or anything. Some people also find it too drying and/or irritating. But I have sensitive skin and it works great for me, so it's just trial and error.

Personally, I love tea tree oil & I will never be without it. (: I actually bought a new bottle just yesterday lol.

I'm 17 and I have had no adverse effects from using tea tree oil. My younger sister is almost 13 and she uses it as well.

So I'm going to ahead and say yes, it is.

It depends on the person, I used BP and different variations of BP (clindoxyl gel, benzamycin, benzaclin) for years and none of them really helped. I also find it too drying and it tends to irritate my skin. :/

I prefer tea tree oil. ^_^

Edited by KissDontTell

Guest davidtheskinking

Tea tree oil is great, it's anti-bacterial, anti-septic, anti-fungal and anti-anything that could cause acne really! lol

It is great for a spot treatment, after you wash your skin using it as a spot treatment on acne, pimples, blackheads and scars are great.

I'm actually out of it! I need more!

I use 100% tea tree oil as a spot treatment. It is incredible at drying up pimples quick. However, you have to be very careful with using it. I dip a q-tip in it and lightly dot it once over the blemish. I actually burnt my skin by using too much of it. Make sure you put it on the blemish only, or you can really mess your skin up.