Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bee hives

back on the regimen!

hello friends,

after more than two years of success on the regimen, i decided a month ago to stop using the benzoyl peroxide and attempted to switch to all-natural products for fear of harming my skin with chemicals. i was concerned with the wrinkles i was seeing and wondered if there was an alternative for me.

it's easy to forget your skin is acne prone when it's been clear for so long - what a rude awakening! i have broken out with acne the likes of which my face has never seen before. i have huge red spots all over my face, and not just on the areas i usually have breakouts. a combination of additional stress and a poor diet have likely contributed to this flare-up, but i'm terrified of the way i look right now. ugh, brings back so many unpleasant memories.

i'm hoping my skin does not have to go through the process it did when first starting the regimen back in 2008 - the redness, excessive drying, all that fun stuff. does anyone have experience with going off the regimen? whether you stayed off the BP or went back, i'd love to hear your stories. do people generally have this reaction?

thanks, everyone.

hello friends,

after more than two years of success on the regimen, i decided a month ago to stop using the benzoyl peroxide and attempted to switch to all-natural products for fear of harming my skin with chemicals. i was concerned with the wrinkles i was seeing and wondered if there was an alternative for me.

it's easy to forget your skin is acne prone when it's been clear for so long - what a rude awakening! i have broken out with acne the likes of which my face has never seen before. i have huge red spots all over my face, and not just on the areas i usually have breakouts. a combination of additional stress and a poor diet have likely contributed to this flare-up, but i'm terrified of the way i look right now. ugh, brings back so many unpleasant memories.

i'm hoping my skin does not have to go through the process it did when first starting the regimen back in 2008 - the redness, excessive drying, all that fun stuff. does anyone have experience with going off the regimen? whether you stayed off the BP or went back, i'd love to hear your stories. do people generally have this reaction?

thanks, everyone.

I was off the Regimen for about a month, but you're absolutely right, it was NOT a good idea! Although my active spots were slow to fade (I'm nearing clearness again now, slightly more than a month later), I would definitely say that the irritation factors were far less significant the second time around. I started out immediately with the full amount of BP and ended up 'molting' a full face of skin (few days of nasty peeling) but since then, the dryness/redness have not been recurring and I suffer from none of the 'side effects' associated with BP.

Good luck!