Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spacemind

Is it ok to hydratate before BP ?

I simply can't stand to cleanse then apply BP and afterwards hydrate because it makes my face red and very irritated, and I tried to do it the other way around and no more redness, itchiness, and the effects seem to be the same so far.

It may also be the fact that I'm 1 week on regimen and my skin started to accomodate with the benzoyl peroxide.

So, is it ok ? How do you do it ?

Think of it like this you're putting on the bp on top of the moisturizer, do you think really think the bp will absorb deep enough when the moisturizer is blocking it? No. The redness will start to go away just give it time.

im beginning week 6 and you really just need to start slow for the first 3 weeks of bp like just half a pump to a full pump or even less if your really sensitive.. literally just focus on adjusting to the bp for the first month .

I still get dry but it's really manageable with a lot of moisturizer. Just hang in there and keep applying and give it time. The redness/itchiness will go away if you start slow!

Also in the shower i get excess skin buildup off my gently rubbing the flakes off. BUT be gentle that is key !