Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zcab

Questions Before Buying The Regimen

For the last 6 months i have been having acne problems. acne is not too bad, but it kept coming often no matter what i did. My prime concern was the red marks and scars left behind so I started using Clearasil Acne + Marks Wash and Mask for a month and. It didn't do any good...

I ran into this website few days ago. For I purchase The Regimen, I started using the over the counterproducts to test out how it works.

For the last two days, I am using: Clean & Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser, 10% BP from Equate cream, and Olay Complete All Day UV Moisturizer - Sensitive Skin.

I am noticing a lot of redness on my face, and I feel my face being tight as if it were swollen. When showering or when using the cleanser, I feel burning/stinging sensation. Have been using the over the counter regimen twice a day (mid day and before going to sleep). When I wake up, I often notice new whiteheads. Why are these whiteheads forming? Could it be because of the moisturizer?

In regards to buying The Regimen, does the moisturizer already contain jojoba oil or do I have to buy it separately? Also, even after reading articles, I am still unsure what AHA+ does. What does it do? Do I need to buy it?

After a week or a month, I notice I am all cleared up, do I need to continue using The Regimen? What happens if I stop using it? Are there side-effects?

My major concern is the redmarks and scars. What can i do to get rid of them?

Stop using the 10% BP. It's way too harsh. That's why The Regimen calls for 2.5% BP specifically--it's just as effective as 10%, but much, much less irritating.

Some people do purge early on in The Regimen. Check out this page for an idea of what to expect: http://www.acne.org/whattoexpect.html

The ingredients in each product are listed on danielkern.com. Here's the page for the moisturizer: http://www.danielkern.com/product-p/moisturizer-8.htm (Click the tab that says 'ingredients').

AHA is chemical exfoliant. It helps your skin shed dead cells, and can help speed up the fading of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (red marks left after acne). If you're new to The Regimen, hold off on using anything with AHA in it for at least a month to give your skin time to adjust to the BP. Once your skin can handle the full amount of BP, you can add in the AHA if you want.

The Regimen isn't an acne cure--there is no cure for acne right now; only treatments--so you'll have to continue using it for as long as your body produces acne. If you stop after only a few months, your acne will most likely come back. That's why there are so many long-term Regimen users: It works, so we stick with it!

So my understanding is that after I clear up, I can start using AHA+ which help gets rid of marks caused by acne? When I am using AHA+, do I stop using BP?

Also, currently I am using BP only on my cheeks where I have most of the acne. I don't use it where I have facial hair. If I were to use BP where I have facial hair, how will I be able to shave? Currently my cheeks are red/irritating/burning/etc. If this same reaction happens to where I have facial hair, shaving will be painful??????

I mostly get acne on my cheeks. When I buy The Regimen, will I have to use the BP in places I normally don't get acne? For example, will I have to use it around my face where I have facial hair? Or around the mustache area?

Also question question about BP. Is BP suppose to make the skin feel numb, look more wrinkly, and have a weird shiny top layer?

Edited by zcab

So my understanding is that after I clear up, I can start using AHA+ which help gets rid of marks caused by acne? When I am using AHA+, do I stop using BP?

Also, currently I am using BP only on my cheeks where I have most of the acne. I don't use it where I have facial hair. If I were to use BP where I have facial hair, how will I be able to shave? Currently my cheeks are red/irritating/burning/etc. If this same reaction happens to where I have facial hair, shaving will be painful??????

I mostly get acne on my cheeks. When I buy The Regimen, will I have to use the BP in places I normally don't get acne? For example, will I have to use it around my face where I have facial hair? Or around the mustache area?

Also question question about BP. Is BP suppose to make the skin feel numb, look more wrinkly, and have a weird shiny top layer?

Once you're clear, if you want to add in the AHA, it will be as an extra step, in addition to treating with BP.

Since I'm female, I can't really offer you any advice about shaving. You could make a post on the Shaving board, though. Or even just check out the threads that are already there. ; )

If you never break out in certain areas, you can skip those areas when you do The Regimen. But if you do break out there, even just rarely, I'd recommend doing The Regimen on your full face.

If you decide to do only partial applications, like only to your cheeks, be sure to adjust the amount of BP you're using accordingly. So, like, if you're only applying it to about half of your face, you'd want to make sure to start with half of the recommended starting amount, and then work your way up to half of the full recommended dose over the course of a month or so.