Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bina123

I promise, that from here on out, I will love myself before anyone else.

Soooo guys, this is basicaly my diary entry. It's about how I had antibiotics wipe out my facial acne for a while, and the effects it had on my life. But antibiotics started to loose their effectiveness.

And soo my acne was worse than when it started.

So now I'm on accutane.

And I'm hoping to get back to the mental state I was in back when I was clear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, so I have come to this conclusion.

I have to stop looking at other people and look at myself.

It’s what got me out of the rut two years ago.

And I clearly fell back into the rut.

I don’t want to just love myself.

I want to adore myself.

I want to adore myself to the point that I don’t even care if things on the outside go wrong.

Or if I am disappointed.

Because, if I remember correctly, that’s how I stayed happy back then.

Like, if something upsetting happened, I would look in the mirror at myself and think

“I like me so much, despite this. Despite the state of my life. I love me. I’m fine.â€

And I cared mostly about what I did, not other people.

And it was the best time in my life.

So it’s going to be my mission this summer to get back to that place, and be even stronger this time.

Because there is no better feeling in the world than thinking highly of yourself.

It’s protects you against most disappointment.

Good luck Gina, you are very strong you know that? You will do it easy! :D I'd try that too but it would be to hard after all these years of low confidence..

Good luck in your challenge to stay strong and get back to your state of mental happiness. :)

As long as you're not in denial about it, that would be a great thing to achieve; after-all, acne is a potential life destroyer.

Edited by Acne F*** Off

Good luck Gina, you are very strong you know that? You will do it easy! :D I'd try that too but it would be to hard after all these years of low confidence..

Well...I had acne for 6 years. That's a pretty long time. Idk how long you had yours though?

It's never to late to be the person you could have been.

Good luck in your challenge to stay strong and get back to your state of mental happiness. :)

As long as you're not in denial about it, that would be a great thing to achieve; after-all, acne is a potential life destroyer.

Yeah, tonight was the first night i started to feel the way I felt during the antibiotics. I want the feeling to stay. Being happy and not needing anyone else to make me feel that way.

Well...I had acne for 6 years. That's a pretty long time. Idk how long you had yours though?

6 years too haha I am still very out going and sociable with my friends, I act completly like myself! It's just approaching girls that I CANNOT do. I was on holiday with just my Dad a few months ago on a cruise, we were at a bar talking about girls. And he said "I'll give you £100 if you go and talk to those girls over there." And I refused and said No...and I hate myself for that, I probably seemed pathetic to him :( I have no problem talking to girls I am already friends with, I do all the time. It's just approaching girls who I could potentially be with that I cant bring myself to do even though my skin is quite clear at the moment... :(

Edited by rubberduck

6 years too haha I am still very out going and sociable with my friends, I act completly like myself! It's just approaching girls that I CANNOT do. I was on holiday with just my Dad a few months ago on a cruise, we were at a bar talking about girls. And he said "I'll give you £100 if you go and talk to those girls over there." And I refused and said No...and I hate myself for that, I probably seemed pathetic to him :( I have no problem talking to girls I am already friends with, I do all the time. It's just approaching girls who I could potentially be with that I cant bring myself to do even though my skin is quite clear at the moment... :(

Maybe you just don't know how to be sociable. Never let someone push you into a situation you don't feel comfortable with though.

I think the "confident" feeling I'm talking about is actually kind of rooted in self centeredness....

Like you become really interested in you and your life. Maybe you could start doing that? Pay attention to you and things you want to do. How you feel. Make yourself your first prioity. See?

gina, i love your attitude. things are so much easier to move on from when you think highly of yourself =D good luck this summer, and i hope you get back to having the best time of your life. self-love is one of the hardest things to achieve, but you can do it : ) i'm sure you'll inspire others on here, just as you've inspired me.

gina, i love your attitude. things are so much easier to move on from when you think highly of yourself =D good luck this summer, and i hope you get back to having the best time of your life. self-love is one of the hardest things to achieve, but you can do it : ) i'm sure you'll inspire others on here, just as you've inspired me.

[/quote)

Ahhhhh glad to hear i inspired you!