Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey everyone, this is my first port here although I have browsed through the forums before for advice. I've had bacne and body acne ever since I've started puberty (well over 7 years ago I'm currently 20) and I've seen a dermatologist that prescribed me a mixture of topical and oral medication. I believe I took Minocycline and Benzoyl Peroxide. Both which only acted as a temporary fix for what seems to be a lifelong burden. I recently had one of the worst breakouts I have ever seen besides when I got sunburnt. The acne then looked just like this, tons of small whiteheads all over my shoulders mainly. This time its worse, I not only have breakouts on my shoulders but face, neck, and scalp as well. I have a vegetarian diet, I sweat a lot where I work and drink tons of water, I'm not using any new type of soap. I don't know what it is! Quite frankly I'm fed up and am seriously considering Accutane. Someone please give me some advice. I'll supplement some photos so you get an idea of the severity.

post-154026-1310278270_thumb.jpg

post-154026-1310278280_thumb.jpg

post-154026-1310278289_thumb.jpg

Edit: I do have cystic acne as well I usually get it on my back and sometimes on my thighs.

post-154026-1310278270_thumb.jpg

post-154026-1310278280_thumb.jpg

post-154026-1310278289_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jspan

Quit using the minocycline. I had a bad reaction to it recently while taking sololdyn. It wasn't as bad as yours but it made me breakout more so I quit and my skin is getting better. Or you should see a doctor

I used to have acne bad too. Never had bad body acne, though it did get on my back shoulders and chest. You should read my blog; I beat acne and I put steps on how to beat it. Main things are healthy diet and fasting. Yes, fasting...it allows your body to get rid of junk and your skin will clear up. What kind of foods do you eat?