Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bobby Z

What kind of acne do i have? pics

Ive had acne for about 3-4 years now, it comes and goes and it just recently started to come back, i started using M2 Skin Refinish (mandelic acid), been using it for about 2 months now. I use BHA in gel form before i apply the M2 skin refinish

just wondering if you guys can help me out to see what kind of acne i have and what would work best with my skin

here are 2 pictures, just my left and right cheek

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/221/img0985qz.jpg

i have a 2 small bumps underneath my skin in this first picture, feels like a clogged pore maybe? i get them occasional and they go away eventually, some last a lot longer, not sure how to keep them from coming back though

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/192/img0989n.jpg

im not sure if this could also be inflamed acne, any help is appreciated, thanks4

Looks pretty inflamed to me. Do you use a moisturiser? Could help alot with the redness.

I actually do not use a moistorizer, my skin doesn't really tend to get dry.

Looks pretty inflamed to me. Do you use a moisturiser? Could help alot with the redness.

Yeah but it's not about having dry/oily skin. It just helps "sooth" the acne so to speak

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

Does your skin ever feel tight from your products? That would mean it's dehydrating and irritating your skin (as you said, it doesn't appear dry since there is visible oil). And dehydration made my acne more inflamed and bothersome. I was never able to moisturize, it just made it worse.

When you say "it comes and goes," do you mean that when it does come back you get a few pimples and instantly use something? If that's the case, then you should just... stick to what you do/use when it is in the away phase, as it could just be a minor breakout. Many people who don't have acne get them, and left untreated in any special manner (so just sticking to teh same routine at all times), it goes away.

hi, yes my skin got really dehydrated at one point when i was using these products, but eventually it wouldn't get dehydrated anymore, im assuming my skin adapted to it, also my skin looks really shiny in the pictures because i took them right after i applied some of the BHA gel which makes my skin shiny.

It's weird, it actually feels as if my skin DEHYDRATES when i stop using my products for a day or 2, whenever i get lazy. And when i say it comes and goes i mean sometimes ill have a few weeks where im clearing up and getting better, then out of nowhere i will break out, i really never stop using my treatment though..

but i do agree that my acne would get a lot more bothersome when my skin would dehydrate

i think my products make my skin more moist when i use them

im assuming its also what i eat, i cut back on eating chips, peanuts, junk food , chocolate and so forth

im just trying to see if theres anything specific that will work a lot better for my acne?

thanks guy appreciate the help and advice

Edited by Bobby Z

Yeah but it's not about having dry/oily skin. It just helps "sooth" the acne so to speak

really i was not aware of that, i never use moisturizer really, which one would you recommend?

should i apply this after all my other treatments dry up? i use my M2 skin refinish and BHA gel in the morning and at night before i go to bed..

thanks

This is nearly severe acne. Very inflammated.

You should see a dermatologist or give Benzoyl Peroxid a shot (like the regimen on this website).

Guest davidtheskinking

Drink more water,

When the acne is red and inflamed it usually means that your skin is dehydrated meaning your body is dehydrated.

Get rid of soda's, fruit juices and sports/energy drinks and replace it with water. You should be drinking 50% of your body weight in ounces of water each day.

This will help a lot,

Then, I recommend using aloe vera (100%) on your skin, this is all natural and will help soothe and heal your skin.

Both of these should really help a lot!

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

Thanks again guys for all the advice, im no acne expert but i don't think its severe, just really red and inflamed which makes it stand out more in my opinion

@davidtheskinking

thanks for the advice, i am going to cut down on drinking any soda or fruit juices what so ever and just stick to water for now. what exactly is aloe vera ? is it a moisturizer? a type of BP? ive been using BHA 2% gel and Mandelic acid which seems to be doing okay, not great though

I really hope drinking water will ease the irritation and redness

i don't touch my acne at all im pretty good with that, when i sleep i tend to sleep with my cheeks laying on the pillow, im not sure if this causes any irritation of some sort,

here are some more pictures i took in the morning, my face tends to be pretty dry in the morning and peels a little bit, here are some pictures, my skins looks horrible in the mornings, for some reason i feel it looks better once i have applied my BHA Gel / M2 Mandelic Acid treatment, after it all drys up it looks a lot more moist and healthier, minus the pimples of course..

http://imageshack.us/g/706/img1005xz.jpg/

if you see close enough you can sort of see tiny bumps underneath my skin

any other help would be appreciated

Edited by Bobby Z

This is everything i currently use in order

First i wash my face and apply this skin balancing cleanser

http://www.paulaschoice.com/product/skin-b...-makeup-remover

after i apply the bha 2% gel

http://www.paulaschoice.com/product/two-pe...mtype%3aproduct

then i finish it off with m2 20% skin refinish

http://www.dermstore.com/product_High+Pote...nish+_18823.htm

do you guys recommend a scrub as an exfoliant? instead of the bha gel? i feel as if the BHA gel works good nothing but great reviews on it, still not sure on what type of moisturizer to use, im scared to use one that will cause me to break out more

I'd say moderate acne because the infections are deep, have you tried the regimen of this website?

ps: do not forget to moisturize your face even if its oily

I'd say moderate acne because the infections are deep, have you tried the regimen of this website?

ps: do not forget to moisturize your face even if its oily

No i have never tried the regimen of this website, im sort of scared to, would it work on the pimples/infections i have?

which moisturizer do you recommend that doesn't cause breakouts?

I don't think your acne's severe either, it's just moderate and inflammatory--I have that kind too, it sucks. I think it's best to leave your cysts/nodules alone, 'cause basically anything you do or put on them will only make them more inflamed and swollen in the end (icing them helps though). They'll eventually come to a head or go away on their own at some point anyways. If you must, only pop them when they're absolutely ready cause you'll only spread the infection and drive it deeper otherwise.

I also second the sugar thing; I've noticed my inflammation gets so much worse with caffeine and sugar! Another thing that helps is a Fish oil supplement and Zinc. Try to take at least 2 Fish oil pills a day--1 with each meal--and you might notice less inflammation (i do).

As for you regimen, Mandelic acid and BHA are both exfoliants, so maybe replace one of them with some of Dan's 2.5% bp gel (or check out his regimen for alternatives). Use the bp as prevention, not as a spot treatment, meaning apply it all over the areas where you break out every night (again, check out dan's regimen). Only don't go overboard; maybe only use a thin layer, 'cause your skin looks very irritated right now. That peeling? If that's actually your skin and not the gel peeling, then that's not good! Try to go a little easier on your skin. As for lotions, Paula's choice Hydra Light is pretty good. Or maybe CeraVe's Pm lotion could work for you--it's highly rated and non-comodegenic so it's worth a try.

I don't think your acne's severe either, it's just moderate and inflammatory--I have that kind too, it sucks. I think it's best to leave your cysts/nodules alone, 'cause basically anything you do or put on them will only make them more inflamed and swollen in the end (icing them helps though). They'll eventually come to a head or go away on their own at some point anyways. If you must, only pop them when they're absolutely ready cause you'll only spread the infection and drive it deeper otherwise.

I also second the sugar thing; I've noticed my inflammation gets so much worse with caffeine and sugar! Another thing that helps is a Fish oil supplement and Zinc. Try to take at least 2 Fish oil pills a day--1 with each meal--and you might notice less inflammation (i do).

As for you regimen, Mandelic acid and BHA are both exfoliants, so maybe replace one of them with some of Dan's 2.5% bp gel (or check out his regimen for alternatives). Use the bp as prevention, not as a spot treatment, meaning apply it all over the areas where you break out every night (again, check out dan's regimen). Only don't go overboard; maybe only use a thin layer, 'cause your skin looks very irritated right now. That peeling? If that's actually your skin and not the gel peeling, then that's not good! Try to go a little easier on your skin. As for lotions, Paula's choice Hydra Light is pretty good. Or maybe CeraVe's Pm lotion could work for you--it's highly rated and non-comodegenic so it's worth a try.

Thanks, Im going to try and use ice on them, cysts and nodules are basically those bumps underneath my skin right? Yeah i really never touch them or pick at them. I just ordered 5% BP Cream from Paulas Choice. Im going to cut back on the Mandelic Acid and start using BP instead, since you said Mandelic Acid was basically an exfoliant as well. Would it be okay to mix the BHA with the BP, like say apply BP, then after 10 minutes apply the BHA? Yes im going to start using moisturizer and sun screen as well. I purchased it all from Paulas Choice :)