Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Virgo9762

Only 8 Years-Old and Pimples

Hi, I am a mother of an 8-year-old girl who is starting to get pimples on her face. Is this normal for someone that is so young? I am afraid that she is going to have terrible skin problems in the future. I do not want her spirit broken.

I would like to know how old everyone was when their acne started. Is it possible to get acne this young?

I've never heard of it, but maybe someone else has (they do say girls are entering puberty early now). Does acne run in your family? If it does then maybe take her to a derm so you can address the problem before it actually becomes a problem.

I doubt its "acne". Maybe a fungus infection of some sort, try to see a dermatolgist if you can, they will give her anti biotics for it, good luck :)

Her face has tiny little bumps on it. When she is in the sun it clears up. Then they come back.

Thanks for all the replies. I am going to take her to a derm to be on the safe side.

I doubt it's acne since she is so young, it is probably something else. Whenever I was young, maybe a bit older than her, like 10 or so, I developed a mild case of these bumps (forgot the name), but they were noticeable on otherwise smooth child skin. They weren't acne, but whenever I got into puberty and actually got acne, they went away. :think:

I began to get acne at 8.5 to 9 years of age. It began with clogged pores, then after a few months of that, the pustules appeared. It was horrible. :(

It may be acne (God Forbid) but just see what the doctor says.