Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShayRobbie

Paleo Diet is too hard, what should I do?

So Paleo is clearing me but it's just so hard to find stuff to eat. espeially since I'm only 15, so I don't buy the food for the family. I was pretty strict with it until today, I ate so badly, this is what I ate today:

half a mars bar

pork scratchings

three slices of brown bread

and two cupcakes

I'm really scared of tomorrows conciquences now, I feel so depressed and like a failure.

What should I do continue with Paleo or give up?

So Paleo is clearing me but it's just so hard to find stuff to eat. espeially since I'm only 15, so I don't buy the food for the family. I was pretty strict with it until today, I ate so badly, this is what I ate today:

half a mars bar

pork scratchings

three slices of brown bread

and two cupcakes

I'm really scared of tomorrows conciquences now, I feel so depressed and like a failure.

Whether you continue with the paleo or not is really up to you. Do your parents know you are on the paleo? If they do then why not explain that you need certain foods to be bought when they do the weekly shop. If the paleo is working for you - like it is for me - then surely that's an incentive to carry on? I do agree though with what you say about it being difficult to find stuff to eat. There are a variety of paleo recipes which you can find on Google.

Eating badly once in a while doesn't make you a failure and doesn't reset your hard work back to the first day!

Edited by James Small

Guest davidtheskinking

The worst thing you can do is feel bad about the food that you already ate, if you are going to eat junk food mine as well at least enjoy it right?

Look up placebo and nocebo effect, they are backed by science and based on how you feel/think really does have an affect on your skin...

So my advice would be to not sweat it! it will get easier as time goes on.

Keep at it!

The first thing you should do is not stress about whatever ramifications you're bad eating might result in. Stress can temporarily shut down your immune system, compromise the digestive system and send hormones all over the place. For what it's worth, stress was associated more than I thought with my previous severe acne.

It took me a while to fully adapt to paleo - a month or two actually. You'll want to stock up on good food, simply put. Make sure you have enough to do you between each shopping trip, otherwise you will likely stray off and crave junk. Write down a solid list of ingredients and take it with you to the store, ticking things off one by one.

Paleo gets easier and better with time. That's what I've found. My cravings have diminished significantly. Just remember that the odd piece of junk is never going to hurt anybody...

So English people have this extreme, all or nothing attitude too? I thought that was just Americans.

No you should not just give up. Just eat mostly real, whole nutrient dense foods in low to moderate glycemic load meals/drinks/snacks to keep blood sugar stable, have more anti-inflammatory foods than inflammatory and avoid anything you have an intolerance for.

You do not have to eat perfect 100% all the time. Just make most meals very good. And eating a candy bar is no excuse to then binge an a lot of other crap. And it's no reason to give up.