Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
James Small

Controlling cravings

Hey everyone, I'm not sure whether this thread should have been put in the 'Emotional and psychological effects of acne' category so I'll post it here.

I was just wondering, for those following a holistic diet, how do you control your cravings (if you have any)?

I was also wondering how you keep to a diet and don't throw in the towel after just a week or something.

Personally I have to have an end goal to work towards. This week it's been a family gathering and how I've wanted clear skin for that, and now that the event is almost done (it happens tomorrow), I'm going to focus on having clear skin for university in September.

I hope I made sense :)

Edited by James Small

I don't really crave any foods or drinks apart from water.

Smoking is the only thing that i get cravings for, i could go with sugers and caffine no problem.

Real, healthy food should taste 10x better than any of the fake shit the average American will buy. That right there makes it easy to control cravings. The only problem is that you have to cook or prepare most of the food yourself. That really just takes looking up recipes, getting what you need to cook with, experimenting, and having WILLPOWER.

Yeah goals are helpful to keep us in check. I do it all the time, I was just camping with my family and friends for the past 3 days, and all I saw everyone eating were burgers, hot dogs, eggs n bacon, chips, cookies, ice cream, chicken wings, and a ton of alcohol haha. And the whole time I just ate my own food. It's tough but I too keep goals in my kind like having clear skin and being in shape for martial arts.

Things to help when craving: Make something that will satisfy your taste buds that is still healthy or relatively healthy. For me I often go to fruit, ever since I was a kid i've always loved fruit. Best candy ever haha, whether a big slice of watermelon, an apple, banana..raisons there are so many fruits, can't go wrong with fruit. For sugar cravings there is also gluten free baking, try to bake with mostly all or all whole grains, sweeten with natural low GI ingredients, again fruit, stevia, coconut sap, blackstrap mollases, organic raw honey, little maple syrup. ;)

Sugar cravings are pretty much the only cravings people get, all other cravings are pretty easy to get rid of by just eating other healthy foods. Sweet potatoes and squashes are very filling and a great healthy option.

I find the minty fresh feel after bushing my teeth kills my cravings since the minty breath kinda makes things taste nasty...well at least for me. Grapes also leaves my mouth tasting funny that also doesn't go well with other foods.

i just ate more of the healthy stuff. do you fast? if you fast, you can get away with eating more filling things like bread bc your body gets rid of 'bad' foods more efficiently, and you can avoid breakouts. those holistic diets are very hard bc eventually you want to cheat..fasting gives you that option.

Hey everyone, I'm not sure whether this thread should have been put in the 'Emotional and psychological effects of acne' category so I'll post it here.

I was just wondering, for those following a holistic diet, how do you control your cravings (if you have any)?

I was also wondering how you keep to a diet and don't throw in the towel after just a week or something.

Personally I have to have an end goal to work towards. This week it's been a family gathering and how I've wanted clear skin for that, and now that the event is almost done (it happens tomorrow), I'm going to focus on having clear skin for university in September.

I hope I made sense :)

I look at videos with people that have beautiful skin. Then I get inspired to eat healthy. Right now I'm doing a 3 day apple detox so I'm CRAVING EVERYTHING! But my face is look alot better. If I get a crazy craving I just think about apples, I try not to think about the food I want. I even go as far as spelling apple in my head to get the thought out. Drinking water helps too. Or I just eat so many apples till I'm full and don't want anything. You can eat a bunch of like healthy fruit and then you won't be hungry. Just always have healthy stuff nearby. FI or me, when I used to be on a healthy diet for like a month, it started out UGLY. I wanted everything! Then after I got used to it, I didn't want it anymore. Even when people would offer me things that I'd killed for before, I had no urge for it. It gets easier(: Think of junk food like a bad relationship. You break up with them. You know they're bad for you but for some reason you miss it, cuz you're used to having it there. Then after a while, you just don't want it anymore and you move on to your life to a better, stronger, healthier you(: So break up with junk food!!!!!! It always gets better (: