Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Talya216

Accutain and the first 2 weeks of pregnency

Hi,

Is there any positive news in accutaine exposure in the first 2 weeks of pregnency? I've stopped it, but am still worried. Is this just a closed topic, or it there a possibilty of a healthy pregnency and baby?

I would definitely see your doctor over it. Unfortunately accutane does pose serious risks to fetuses. :( Just try to see your doctor asap, I hope everything goes fine though!

Hi,

Is there any positive news in accutaine exposure in the first 2 weeks of pregnency? I've stopped it, but am still worried. Is this just a closed topic, or it there a possibilty of a healthy pregnency and baby?

There is the possibility of a healthy baby - one of the main articles on accutane & birth defects found that 25% of pregnant women exposed to accutane in their first trimester had babies with birth defects... so while one out of four is a very high risk, it's definitely not a 100% chance of birth defects by any means.

As the person above said, the best thing to do is see a doctor asap - you might want to ask for a referral to a doctor who has specific experience with this in case your regular OB/GYN doesn't. For example, a maternal & fetal medicine department would know a lot about this type of thing.

I work in maternal & child health... feel free to send me a message if you have any questions about finding a doc, etc. :)

best of luck!

This was my worst fear & I feel for you.... I hope (if you decide to keep it) that it ends up ok.

I'm only on 10mg/day of accutane but I (using TWO kinds of BC) was almost 2 weeks late for my period awhile ago. I did the herbal method of inducing my period but had that not worked, I would have terminated as soon as possible. I would never risk bringing a child into this world that I had knowingly damaged. After I had an IUD put in immediately.