Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i just started accutane (40 mg amnesteem) 9 days ago. im 18/f, 5'4" 105 lbs. i've had mild-moderate acne on my face and body since i was 10 or 11, but this march i had strep throat and then got a sunburn on my chest and back that led to a rash, actinic folliculitis, which looks similar to acne, as it is a follicle inflammation, but it came on all at once, is itchy, and more intense than my previous breakouts. so far it has been resistent to cortical steriod creams and injections as well as some antibiotics. it's a pretty rare condition, there are only 3 articles on google about it, but in the past it's been successfully treated with isotretinoin, so that's what they've decided on. so far i have noticed my skin is dry and itchy, and some of my spots have gotten bigger (IB). i think the overall clarity of my skin is improving, it looks less dull. i'm going away to college in new york this fall and i hope i see some improvement by then, for now it's just slowing me down this summer though :(