Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Quick background. Rob is my boyfriend. He is rubbish at doing his laundry. In fact, recently his mom took his laundry to her house to do it all for him (under the guise of 'it's sunny so the solar panels make it free - very smart).

Whenever I sleep in any bed other than my own (hotels, friends, Rob's...) I stress that I have no idea when the sheets were last washed.

I am anal about washing my bed linen. I wash them every week, even though I don't sleep in my bed every day.

Saturday

Asked Rob kindly to clean his sheets

Tuesday

Physically put his laundry by the washer (it had his housemates stuff in or I'd have done it myself)

Wednesday

Remind him to clean his sheets AGAIN!

Thursday

Sheets still sitting by the washer. I threaten to not stay over until the sheets are changed

Friday

I arrive to see a damp pile of laundry in his living room. I tell him he has to change the sheets himself because he hasn't done it ONCE in a whole year and I am not his mother

He reveals that for the first THREE MONTHS we were together he had not cleaned his sheets.

"no wonder I have acne Rob, you are forcing me to bury my face in a warm and dirty environment that is INFESTED with germs. I can pretty much see them in their billions festering in the fibers"

Does anyone else have an obsession like this?

Is it unreasonable to expect a man to clean his sheets every week? It's just not in their nature to be tidy...

Tonight I am going round with rubber gloves, bleach and a plug in room odouriser (vanilla) because it is literally smelling worse than my dogs bed right now.

I change my pillowcase every week, but not the sheets. Pillowcases are more likely to cause acne than the actual sheets. I'm paranoid about the pillows at my boyfriend's place because I don't know how often he changes them or if he sleeps on them at all. They smell fine, so I don't worry too much about it. He's a pretty clean for a guy.

I think it would be overkill to get your boyfriend to change his sheets every week. Maybe get him to do it once or twice a month. He's going to think you're nagging and obsessive if you make him wash his sheets every week. Maybe you can have your own pillow that you use when you go there? That way you know it's clean. If he lets you clean his room, go for it. But you may want to find a more "manly" scent than vanilla ;)

lol Im obsessed with washing bedsheets too. and towells!

Your guy sounds pretty good most of them never wash anything themselves!

If it makes you feel better just always bring your own pillow case when you travel. It makes me feel like I have some control :-)

I rarely every wash my sheets :sick: Unless i can see stains i leave them.

I can't even remember when i washed the sheets that are on my bed at the moment.

lol at uni my bedsheets were discoloured they were so dirty.. in the end I just threw them out and bought new ones.

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

I've not had the opportunity to sleep on someone else's sheets though since my acne came back,

I'd be more than happy to give you the opportunity to share half my bed ;)

Okay, so this may sound a little ocd, but my husband changes his sheets every two nights! I love it, but unfortunately I still have acne.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

I've not had the opportunity to sleep on someone else's sheets though since my acne came back,

I'd be more than happy to give you the opportunity to share half my bed ;)

Lol, so forward. Now if only my gym crush was as forward ;)

Yeah but unfortunately for him the kind of game i have can't be taught :cool:

Never thought about going to the gym to meet girls. Guess it would be better than bars

I'll go there sometime, oil up my arms and slowly rip weights while giving the ladies the look :)

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

Well some girls don't like being hit on at the gym.

I won't need to hit on anyone. I'll just pose with me shirt off and let the ladies come to me :cool:

getting hit on post-workout obvs would be fine.

In that case i'll just wait outside the gym and put the moves on the ladies as they leave :)

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

Lol no I've never thought about this really. I think asking him to clean his sheets every week is a little unnecessary... I don't clean my sheets that often.

I think once a month is pretty reasonable.

Ugh. Guys are always such babies. I swear, like half the guys I know are still in the habit of letting Mom do the laundry (no matter the distance) while the other half is all proud and full of themselves 'cause they finally figured out how to do it on their own :rolleyes: And yet they'll still leave that laundry lying around for weeks in the hopes that someone (you) will do it for them.

People who can't be bothered to change their bedsheets after a week (or two at most) are lazy slobs!

Major ewww... :sick:

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

they'll still leave that laundry lying around for weeks in the hopes that someone (you) will do it for them.

Hey if you can get away with it then why not :)

Ugh. Guys are always such babies. I swear, like half the guys I know are still in the habit of letting Mom do the laundry (no matter the distance) while the other half is all proud and full of themselves 'cause they finally figured out how to do it on their own :rolleyes: And yet they'll still leave that laundry lying around for weeks in the hopes that someone (you) will do it for them.

Laundry is EASY! You separate lights and darks, shove it in the machine, it kindly beeps when it's finished then either hang it out or put it in the dryer if you're pushed for time. It's literally 10 minutes MAX out of the day.

I just don't think I'm ever going to win this war.... sigh...

I'm going to buy some eiderdown pillows and silk cases next pay day. I want to treat my face.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

Here's one for you. Rob is so rubbish at laundry that he has managed to MELT the first team cricket kit. He can't afford to replace it so the team are chipping in and in return, he has to wear a Borat Mankini for the week on cricket tour.

Hahahaha I can't WAIT to see photos!!!

PS Ashley, I always do three loads. White and cream, mid colours, greys and blacks. I usually wash everything on a 30degree wash to avoid colour running and shrinking. My mum had me trained as her slave from a young age.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

I don't mind doing laundry. When my parents go away, I enjoy doing all that stuff myself. Get a little routine going and I like it. Plus the washing machine does most of the work, it's not really that difficult is it! Same for the ironing, don't mind that either. A bit more work involved, but I stick some music on and I'm happy enough.

I change my pillow cases every couple of nights and my sheets get changed each week. No real reason, I just like clean sheets. :)

If I were sleeping in someone else's bed, I'd think it would be reasonable to ask them about it if I realised I'd been sleeping under the same sheets or on the same pillow cases for weeks and weeks. I've nobody to share a bed with though... sigh!

I'm not OCD about it, but it always crosses my mind when I stay in a hotel or something, how clean the sheets might be. Can usually tell if the sheets are fresh and I've never had any problems.

My boyfriend never washes his sheets. He, of course, has flawless skin. I find that sheets do make a difference but I'm too lazy to wash his sheets for him. Good on you for doing that!

My husband's pillow had dried blood all over it when I first met him. He gets frequent nose bleeds.

I can't believe how weird it smelled in his room! He was just single for a while and kind of gave up, but then when we started officially dating he starting to become very hygienic.

I'm his wife and he works a lot, so I end up doing laundry for him now lol.

But I don't think it's unreasonable for you to ask someone to wash their sheets when you are dating them and sleep over sometimes. It's polite to clean your whole darn house/room when you have guests over.