Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gamecockchic82

First time user!! Need help PLEASE! =)

I started the regimen tonight. I was hoping someone can give me some advice for tomorrow mornings cleaning. I watched all the videos and followed all the steps for a “newbieâ€. When I applied the BP my skin kinda soaked it all up before I could really spread it out. I used another small amount and still seemed like it was dry. It also felt kinda sticky like I couldn’t smooth it out! I feel like I should use more to cover my face.?

I have very oily skin….after reading some post about how my skin is going to be red and flake away…should I go ahead a purchase the oil? I’m terrified of any kind of oil on my skin.

Thanks for any advice! I have had issues with my skin for over 10 years and really want to get this right!

I started the regimen tonight. I was hoping someone can give me some advice for tomorrow mornings cleaning. I watched all the videos and followed all the steps for a “newbie”. When I applied the BP my skin kinda soaked it all up before I could really spread it out. I used another small amount and still seemed like it was dry. It also felt kinda sticky like I couldn’t smooth it out! I feel like I should use more to cover my face.?

I have very oily skin….after reading some post about how my skin is going to be red and flake away…should I go ahead a purchase the oil? I’m terrified of any kind of oil on my skin.

Thanks for any advice! I have had issues with my skin for over 10 years and really want to get this right!

Hey, glad to hear you're starting the Regimen. It's been really effective for me, and a month in, it's just about cleared my relatively mild acne and the redmarks are well on their way to being gone too.

Are you using the Acne.org BP? If so, I've never heard of it absorbing quickly -- in fact, with the amount I use, it can take an hour to be fully dry and absorbed -- which is why I ask. If you're not yet using Dan's, I would really suggest that you do. It's far cheaper than any other alternative, highly effective, and remarkably non-irritating compared to other brands (I've used three other types, none of which come close to Dan's). You also really can't apply it twice, so get a good amount and apply it once.

I have never used jojoba oil, as I don't need it, but I think the general rule of thumb is to start out with the basics (BP, moisturizer, cleanser) first and only add in accessories (AHA, jojoba) after a while.

I started the regimen tonight. I was hoping someone can give me some advice for tomorrow mornings cleaning. I watched all the videos and followed all the steps for a “newbie”. When I applied the BP my skin kinda soaked it all up before I could really spread it out. I used another small amount and still seemed like it was dry. It also felt kinda sticky like I couldn’t smooth it out! I feel like I should use more to cover my face.?

Hey, glad to hear you're starting the Regimen. It's been really effective for me, and a month in, it's just about cleared my relatively mild acne and the redmarks are well on their way to being gone too.

Are you using the Acne.org BP? If so, I've never heard of it absorbing quickly -- in fact, with the amount I use, it can take an hour to be fully dry and absorbed -- which is why I ask. If you're not yet using Dan's, I would really suggest that you do. It's far cheaper than any other alternative, highly effective, and remarkably non-irritating compared to other brands (I've used three other types, none of which come close to Dan's). You also really can't apply it twice, so get a good amount and apply it once.

I have never used jojoba oil, as I don't need it, but I think the general rule of thumb is to start out with the basics (BP, moisturizer, cleanser) first and only add in accessories (AHA, jojoba) after a while.

Yes... I purchased all of Dan's products. It says I sould only use half a pump to start off. I've been using one pump to cover my entire face. My skin has always seemed liked the thirsty type. I already feel and see a huge improvement! I am also shocked that when I wake up in the mornings my skin is not oily. Usually when I use any kind of moisturizer on my oily skin it becomes greasy. LOVE IT ALL so far!

What amount of BP do you use? Did you start with half a pump? I read when in doubt always use more...thats why I just took it upon myself to use as much as need to cover my face. Worse that can happen would be dry skin right?

Thanks for the reply and advice! ;)