Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FutureScarless

Dermastamping Topical

Okay. So after researching like a mad woman, all about scaring and everything that comes along with it, I have decided that dermastamping would be beneficial for me and my scarring. However, any topical that is supposed to help with healing, ends up breaking me out! Breakouts = even more scarring. :( I would get nowhere. So, my questions...

1.) Does anyone dermastamp or dermaroll without using a topical?

AND/OR

2.) Does anyone know of a topical that wouldn't irritate my sensitive skin?

PLEASE REPLY IF YOU READ THIS! Thank you so much.

haha, like you my skin is sensitive. Any tropical would breakout my skin. However when I apply Fruit of the Earth Vitamin E on my face I get minimum breakout.

haha, like you my skin is sensitive. Any tropical would breakout my skin. However when I apply Fruit of the Earth Vitamin E on my face I get minimum breakout.

Thank you for the reply. If I'm not mistaking, there's not much scientific evidence that supports the use of topical Vit. E being beneficial for the skin. Just makes for good moisturizing, I think.

Do copper peptides make you break out as well ?

At first I used Skin Biology's CP [the lowest concentration] on only my scarring, and it made them appear worse. Then I tried it on a cotton ball on my forehead and I got irritation bumps not long after. :(

Do copper peptides make you break out as well ?

At first I used Skin Biology's CP [the lowest concentration] on only my scarring, and it made them appear worse. Then I tried it on a cotton ball on my forehead and I got irritation bumps not long after. :(

uh, that sucks.

I think it also might be helpful to use supplements orally after needling,TCA cross or whatever.

I've used copper peptides and EGF and I think it didn't really make a big difference if any.

But taking 1000-2000mg vitamin c/ed really seemed to be beneficial for healing and collagen growth.

Edited by Mr.Don

All depends on your budget. There are a bunch of potent topicals that didn't irritate my sensitive skin, but they're quite expensive. Vitamin C serums are cheap and non-irritating however.

Terproline Professional feels great on my skin and does not break me out after I roll or use lemon juice. It does burn after I use the lemon juice but there is no way around that bc I use enough that the lemon juice actually makes my skin start to bleed. I also roll with a .5mm roller every other day and still havent caused a single breakout. I use the lemon juice on the alternating day. I even use a Professional D'Arsonval High Frequency facial devise on myself twice a day and still no breakouts. If I use it after I roll or use the lemon juice it does start to make my face bleed but I think that is because it increases the blood circulation throughout my face and causes me to start bleeding back out of the wounds that I just made. I also use a red/infrared LED device. Its pricey if you buy the 250ML of it but it is a much better deal than the smaller ones. The only downside of it is that it leaves a residue on your face after you rub it in but I doubt you plan on applying it before you go out in public anyway.

uh, that sucks.

I think it also might be helpful to use supplements orally after needling,TCA cross or whatever.

I've used copper peptides and EGF and I think it didn't really make a big difference if any.

But taking 1000-2000mg vitamin c/ed really seemed to be beneficial for healing and collagen growth.

Thanks for your advice, I already take 1000-2000mg of Vitamin C per day. :) Used to take Vitamin E as well for awhile but didn't really notice it did anything.

All depends on your budget. There are a bunch of potent topicals that didn't irritate my sensitive skin, but they're quite expensive. Vitamin C serums are cheap and non-irritating however.

I'd buy anything $160 and under if it was amazing for healing after dermarolling or stamping. I've tried a couple of Vitamin C serums and didn't find one that didn't irritate my skin. There are SO many though.

Terproline Professional feels great on my skin and does not break me out after I roll or use lemon juice. It does burn after I use the lemon juice but there is no way around that bc I use enough that the lemon juice actually makes my skin start to bleed. I also roll with a .5mm roller every other day and still havent caused a single breakout. I use the lemon juice on the alternating day. I even use a Professional D'Arsonval High Frequency facial devise on myself twice a day and still no breakouts. If I use it after I roll or use the lemon juice it does start to make my face bleed but I think that is because it increases the blood circulation throughout my face and causes me to start bleeding back out of the wounds that I just made. I also use a red/infrared LED device. Its pricey if you buy the 250ML of it but it is a much better deal than the smaller ones. The only downside of it is that it leaves a residue on your face after you rub it in but I doubt you plan on applying it before you go out in public anyway.

I'm really tipping towards getting Terproline Professional. I just don't want to spend that much money on a product if it ends up not working or something. I like what Lamarr had to say about it though, and he got pretty good results with it + dermarolling.

I don't know! :/

I'd go for Terproline Professional. There's also a product called Dermaheal Post Laser Cream. It's something i'd like to try out, it's a lot cheaper aswell.

Lamarr is the only reason I even gave it a shot due to its price. Im making my second run at this with dermarolling/stamping. I only did 3 sessions the first time I tried it and I wasnt nearly as committed to every aspect of it like I have been the last 6 weeks. I also couldnt get the Professional bc b4 they actually made you email them and then you had to lie to them to get it. Now on their site you can just buy it without an issue. Im about to do my 2nd roll/stamp this weekend so if you want to get something cheaper and use it for now I can be the guinea pig with the Professional since its so expensive and let people know if its actually worth it.

Lamarr is the only reason I even gave it a shot due to its price. Im making my second run at this with dermarolling/stamping. I only did 3 sessions the first time I tried it and I wasnt nearly as committed to every aspect of it like I have been the last 6 weeks. I also couldnt get the Professional bc b4 they actually made you email them and then you had to lie to them to get it. Now on their site you can just buy it without an issue. Im about to do my 2nd roll/stamp this weekend so if you want to get something cheaper and use it for now I can be the guinea pig with the Professional since its so expensive and let people know if its actually worth it.

That would be awesome!!! I just don't know what else is worth buying that anyone has spoken of that works well with scar treatments. I'm really thinking about getting it... is there no return policy?

The product really isnt advertised on their site to be associated with dermarolling and I dont think they could make such a guarantee or to a certain degree that it could improve acne scars since there are so many factors involved in healing them other than simply applying their topical...and the fact that it says the product is only available to clinicians, therapists and people with formal approval from SkinMed which most of us dont actually have. A few years ago u had to email them and lie saying that u were refilling a previous order that you had gotten through some doctor...now you can just buy it without the hassle. This is whats in the product description

It is more concentrated than the standard creams and intended for pre and post treatment prior to any cosmetic procedure such as laser treatment, laser peels, chemical peels or microdermabrasion and for rapid recovery of damaged skin tissue.

In clinical hospital trials, Terproline® Professional used for 4 weeks (twice a day) before a procedure and from 8 days after a procedure was shown to reduce post-treatment discomfort by 50% and also halved the recovery time.

Use as pre and post treatment for Enerpeel® PA to increase your results further still.