Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I work in a clean room enviorment, where there are super bright fluorescent lights everywhere. I been having a pretty bad breakout on the my face for the past few weeks and even though I try to hide it with makeup, you can still tell obviously. People have made some comments that have made me seriously want to just get up and leave. I'm already super self conscious about it and this just makes it worse. Today a lady I work with told me "you have pimples on your face" and I just said I know... and she was like "there is a lot of them... a lot" making me feel even worse. Early this week some guy asked me what was wrong with my cheek and another guy asked me why I had acne on my face. I seriously just don't want to go to work anymore! I feel disgusting. I put my two weeks in last week, cause I just don't like this job in general and I have a week left and don't even know if I can finish it with my face like this. :(

So I work in a clean room enviorment, where there are super bright fluorescent lights everywhere. I been having a pretty bad breakout on the my face for the past few weeks and even though I try to hide it with makeup, you can still tell obviously. People have made some comments that have made me seriously want to just get up and leave. I'm already super self conscious about it and this just makes it worse. Today a lady I work with told me "you have pimples on your face" and I just said I know... and she was like "there is a lot of them... a lot" making me feel even worse. Early this week some guy asked me what was wrong with my cheek and another guy asked me why I had acne on my face. I seriously just don't want to go to work anymore! I feel disgusting. I put my two weeks in last week, cause I just don't like this job in general and I have a week left and don't even know if I can finish it with my face like this. :(

Wow that's quite strange. I have found that people don't really react to my acne at all. Not even my girlfriend would tell me anything even on days of bad breakouts. You should really not let them get to you at all. I would reply. Remember you are you, and no one else. Be happy with yourself, you might not be perfect but you are alive, and well.

Ugh that's awful.

I'm sorry that you put in your 2 weeks because of that environment. I know how it feels to (seemingly) have EVERYONE say something to you about your acne, for a month or two a while back I had nearly every person I ran into tell me something, mostly strangers and it was awful. I don't want to ever re-live that.

Maybe being away from that job will make you feel more calm, and maybe calm your breakouts? Anything is possible.

Wow, seriously? That's horrible. Who even says stuff like that? Are you just really clear-faced except for this one breakout and super attractive or something? Maybe these people just felt really comfortable pointing it out because they do not see you as suffering from any "real" acne, and so mistakenly assumed that it was okay to comment on. I dunno, but either way, f them and their stupid florescent lights (god I HATE florescent lights). Who cares what they think, right? You'll be out of there in no time now. In the meantime, you should start threatening to sue them for harassment and charge them of causing you serious mental distress or something (and in a way they totally have, right?). Then you could retire early from the big payout they'd have to give you to keep you quiet :)

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

That's pretty awful ya. The only time I got commented on my acne in public I think was when I was getting a haircut. This was a time where I was really secure about myself and I was like acne? What I don't have acne? Cause acne wasn't really on my mind then. And she didn't say anything after that. If someone commented on my acne now though at work specifically, I'd probably would just give them a dirty look or something.

Anyway, back to you. You really quit? :(

Thanks for the support guys. :) Yeah, well my face had been pretty clear the whole time I worked there so maybe they where wondering why all of sudden I had acne all over my jawline. (that is pretty much where it all is.) I'm quitting because I've been so miserable. I was working two jobs from Feb to June and then doing 7 days a week at this job for the past few weeks. It's really getting to me. I need to take some time off and refocus myself. I'm planning on doing an all raw foods diet and juice/water fasting for a while. That and I want my amalgam fillings out as I've heard many bad things about them and I hate how they look anyways. Hopefully I can clear my body of all the toxins and stuff and in turn clear my acne as well. I've actually been pretty optimistic, but comments like the ones at work bring me down.

I don't think I can go to work tomorrow, honestly. Looking at my face in the mirror right now, ugh. The whole entire eight hours I just feel soooo self conscious. It's terrible. The 17th is suppose to be my last day, but I don't know if I can make it. It's only a temp position and people leave all the time without notice, but I just don't think I can do it! Plus I could use the extra cash for my last week. I hate this!

Ugh I know the feeling :doubt: I have to be at work in an hour and I'm back and forth from the mirror to this site. I have that stupid pimple thats tiny but for some reason SO freakin' red that it shows right through my makeup and adding more just accentuates it. And I wait tables too, super lame. If I happen to be outside I know my face will get all red and irritated looking. LAME

some guy asked me what was wrong with my cheek and another guy asked me why I had acne on my face.

That's a strange thing for a guy to say to a girl. You shouldn't let it get to you these people obviously don't have much class. I don't know why somebody would feel the need to walk over to somebody to say something nasty like that.

I was talking to my mom because she works at the same place. Not with me, but still. She says it's probably because most of the people that work there are foreign and don't understand that they are being rude. Which I can understand, but it still makes me feel terrible. I actually called in today.. and if my face is clearing up by Monday I think I'm just not gonna go my last week. :(

I work in a pretty ritzy part of town and all the girls that come in there are so perfect, perfect hair, skin, clothes, style, dates ugh. All the guys I work with make a huge deal out of them. I feel so invisible sometimes :boohoo:

I think I'm just not gonna go my last week. :(

You shouldn't let them win. Don't let it get to you. You will feel a lot worse if you don't go.

I've let acne keep me from doing things in the past and always regreted it everytime i've forced myself out i've always felt better afterwards. It's tough but you gotta be strong.

Edited by HeadUp

I work in a pretty ritzy part of town and all the girls that come in there are so perfect, perfect hair, skin, clothes, style

Sounds like a great place to me can i have the address? :lol:

Well, my face is even worse today and I just don't need anymore stress in my life right now so I'm just not going. I know it's unprofessional, but I just feel like crying when I look in the mirror. I don't need them for a reference so I think it'll be okay.

This is a PRIME example of why I don't want to get a job. I don't want my co workers (with their perfect skin) and customers (with their perfect skin) to say something about my acne.

And I know where your coming from. I've had people (mostly black people who have no idea what it's like to have acne) say "you have a pimple *insert spot on face here*" or ask "why do you have acne"? It ruins my day, but then I think about how it's black people who have no skin problems and their really ignorant and that makes me feel better.

And you say you look in the mirror. Just stop looking in the mirror like I do. I only look when I have to shave (once every 2 weeks). It's too depressing looking in the mirror. I'm already fucking depressed just TOUCHING my face. Looking would be devastating.

Edited by Kody_R_F

At least you can remember a time when you had clear skin, though it still sucks that people have the nerve to talk to you with such disrespect. I hate how people act like it's okay to point out that acne sufferers do indeed have pimples all over our faces, as if we don't bloody well know that already. It's so enfuriating. I have been trying not to wear make up to work and I work in an office setting...it's so embarassing. I literally never thought I would even be able to do it but for the past few days I've been trying to let my skin breathe and I think it's helping slowly but surely. I still have like 5 active breakouts and TONS of red marks...UGH...but so far no one has said anything.

Oh and it is true that foreigners are more likely to say something about your skin. I had a classmate from Africa and she would blatantly be like "oh wow, you have a horrible break out! what happened?"...and I'd just be like "um, let's see, I woke up and that's pretty much what happened....yay me!"....sucks but what can you do?

Just try not to let it get you down. We are all in this together.

I work in a pretty ritzy part of town and all the girls that come in there are so perfect, perfect hair, skin, clothes, style, dates ugh. All the guys I work with make a huge deal out of them. I feel so invisible sometimes :boohoo:

no such thing as perfect.

The thing is I want to get into the restaurant industry. I really want to be a server or cocktail waitress and people keep telling me I should do it. When I have clear skin, the right makeup, and clothes I have pretty good self confidence. I'm skinny and petite, but it's like if my face is all broken out what does it matter? And I never know when I'm going to have a breakout. This right now is one of the worst I've ever had.

I feel a little guilty for not going today, but it is what it is. Like I said, I don't need them for a reference. I worked another job before this one for over two years and they are a great reference for me, but I still feel bad.

I saw your picture and honestly I think maybe those guys just wanted a reason to talk to you? Maybe they never had acne so they can't see how it would be weird for you?

Ahh I totaly know how you feel. Thats so rude, like its like yea i obviously know I have a pimple..you know? one day I had a really really, bad day with my skin/self esteem and we had a family party. I had just taken a shower and I could barly look in the mirror, i wanted to take a day without makeup just to try to let my skin breath. I'm sitting at the table and my grandma goes "Wow, your skin looks pretty bad, what have you been doing? It never used to look like this" I seriously was so upset, i wet upstairs to my roomand started crying. That was the last time I left the house without cover up.

Well this thread doesn't apply to me, but I just want to say that my acne is nothing compared to what some of the other hobos in my alley have on their face...

Well, you're attractive. That's why people make comments about your acne. Miserable people enjoy doing this.