Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wicky

Getting cysts again

In the last two weeks I have been getting these small red welt like bumps under my jawline...I get a new one every day it seems. Im not sure if these could be categorized as cysts. Ive gotten them occasionally over the last year but fade within a day or so. They are are slightly swollen but not hard like a cyst. It has to be hormonal because of where they are and what they look like. I have thought for the longest time they were reactions to certain foods..I have had so much testing and elminated so many foods in the last 7 months and I cannot find one solid thing that does it. I eat a low clycemic diet and free of processed foods and dairy...I was clear of these for several weeks but they have recently started again and nothing has changed...I have been on 100mg of spiro for over a year and have never really seen the great things that everyone raves about...Im too afraid to go off now as my body is so used to it. I need some advise from spiro users..

i'd love some feedback on this..can any spiro users offer anything? My derm wants me to start weaning off it...I just dont know what to do?

i'd love some feedback on this..can any spiro users offer anything? My derm wants me to start weaning off it...I just dont know what to do?

So he wants to wean you off it because it's not working for you? Makes sense. However, some people do need more and take up to 200 mgs. Our derm always said that anything over 100 mgs won't work. Some experts seem to disagree with that. So confusing and the thought of that much spiro does scare me a bit. I suppose you could ask him how he feels about increasing it for a while?