Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GreenEyes33

A green tea question

I've been wanting to drink more green tea for it's good effects on the body and acne and such, but I'm not particularly fond of the taste. I could probably get over it if I tried hard enough, but I do have some flavoured green tea. It's pomegranite raspberry green tea, from natural flavours. It does say green tea right on the label though and not herbal. Will that work just as well as your standard green tea? Has anyone else noticed any positive benefits (acne or otherwise) from drinking green tea? Thanks! :)

put a spoon of good ol' honey in. not sugar tho. sugar bad.

Honey eh? Will try! Never been a fan of honey either. Im a weird one :P

Guest davidtheskinking

You can add sweeteners like honey or agave to it but that raises blood sugar levels so I would recommend stevia.

It's the only all natural sweetener that sweetens your food/drink that doesn't raise blood sugar levels and actually helps the skin be healthy as well! it's very beneficial.

I actually made a video about green tea and it's acne & skin clearing benefits too!

*moderator edit*

I recommend adding stevia though, that's the best option as far as making it most effective for clearing the skin up.

David

You can add sweeteners like honey or agave to it but that raises blood sugar levels so I would recommend stevia.

It's the only all natural sweetener that sweetens your food/drink that doesn't raise blood sugar levels and actually helps the skin be healthy as well! it's very beneficial.

I actually made a video about green tea and it's acne & skin clearing benefits too!

*moderator edit*

I recommend adding stevia though, that's the best option as far as making it most effective for clearing the skin up.

David

Great thank you! I didnt even consider sweetining my tea before you guys :P I'll watch the video too, neat!

Hello Im assuming your using tea bags? I suggest maybe also trying loose leaf tea which has a much better taste due it being of such high quality. I don't like tea bags at all but i am a huge fan of loose tea. Tea bags are the worst form of tea you can buy and the lowest quality. I suggest going to adagio teas if your interested they have the best teas for the best price. There is also a company called teavana that is online and they have a lot of retail stores at local malls but not sure if you might be around them but there prices are more expensive for the same products. There are a very wide range of tea flavor that have great health benefits that many people just don't know about. Also green tea is good but white tea also have the same effects but it just does not have as much research behind it. It does have a similar taste but again there are so many different types and great flavors. Im a big fan on fruity tea like a white mango or peach. You will be surprised on how complex tea really it and how good it can really taste if you put some time in it.

Hello Im assuming your using tea bags? I suggest maybe also trying loose leaf tea which has a much better taste due it being of such high quality. I don't like tea bags at all but i am a huge fan of loose tea. Tea bags are the worst form of tea you can buy and the lowest quality. I suggest going to adagio teas if your interested they have the best teas for the best price. There is also a company called teavana that is online and they have a lot of retail stores at local malls but not sure if you might be around them but there prices are more expensive for the same products. There are a very wide range of tea flavor that have great health benefits that many people just don't know about. Also green tea is good but white tea also have the same effects but it just does not have as much research behind it. It does have a similar taste but again there are so many different types and great flavors. Im a big fan on fruity tea like a white mango or peach. You will be surprised on how complex tea really it and how good it can really taste if you put some time in it.

Thank you so much! It's funny I JUST realized today how bad tea bags can be. My flavoured green tea, which is supposed to be natural flavours, also contains sugar, corn maldextros (sp?), corn starch...nasty! In a tea bag! It was Lipton by the way. I think I'll but a nice diffuser type thing and buy the leaves. Thanks again :)

Edited by GreenEyes33

Yuck. Sweetened tea is nasty.

Yes, you can have the teas flavored with thinks like citrus peel, grape skin, ginger, etc. Those are good things. Or add a squeeze of lemon to plain tea.

Edited by alternativista

I like mixing two different tea flavors personally or using Stevia.

Green tea and rosehip tea go great and the rosehips are very subtly sweet and fruity. Chamomile is another good one. It has a somewhat sweet taste and aroma. (Both are also quite anti-inflammatory.)

Sometimes I even drop 3 or 4 blueberries or a small strawberry into my tea.

Thanks guys! I'll try all these different things out.

I haven't had a single new spot since starting to drink green tea, but I wasn't getting them regularly before drinking it anyway. How soon should it start working? Does it work more on the long term acne, as in the stuff that takes 3-4 weeks to form?