Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
japjeev

things that heal the skin and scars

i have acne as well as scars. more scars then acne so what are some things i can use to get rid of my scars faster? my current regimen is

Morning

Cleanse

Apply Aloe vera hel

EVening

Lemon/turmeric/honey mask

Before bed

AHA Cream

For acne scars ( worked for me very well, and very fast actually, still testing it ) :

Let warm water splash your face from the shower for about 5 minutes.

Cleanse with baking soda ( be very very gentle ) then apply fresh squeezed lemon juice on your face, do this in the morning and in the evening and if you feel your skin very dry afterwards use jojoba oil or a non-comedogenic hydrating cream.

If they're fresh wounds dabbing them with some manuku honey can help them heal smoother. Or at least it seems to help mine heal smoother. Also, neosporin can help too--though usually only when they're fresh wounds. I've always suspected that these things help because skin heals better when the wounds are kept moist. As for the old scars, you just need to do your best to treat your skin gently and moisturize, (maybe also take some supplements to promote healing?) 'cause it's best to wait until you're completely free of active acne to start addressing scarring. Ask your doctor for a retin if you can--it's better than an AHA as it promotes collagen. Also visit the scar forum for tips. I'm sure they got all sorts of ideas.