Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mini Me.

Sick of Accutane PICS

Why has Accutane made me worse but not getting any better?? Cloged pores it broke me out with stil the same. And hard bumps under the skin that have been there weeks.

I was on 20mg for 6 weeks. And for 3 weeks i have been on 50mg a day why oh why why are the current pimples on my face just staying for weeks.. Im so down sick of feeling and looking like a big pile of dog shit.

Edited by Mini Me.

Oh no mini me!

I on't know what to tell you except, I'm sorry. I have been wondering if all these low dosages everyone is on is what prolongs accutane from actually working. In my previous courses I was on high doses and all I remember was it clearing me up amazingly fast!

But who knows. I am starting another course next Friday so we will see what happens this go around.

Don't give up! You've gone this far and you will never know if it works unless you finish.

Shit just burst in to tears. I dont know what's up with me. Its sunny in Enlgland for once. And i have been stuck in doors..

Is it normal to be still looking like this at 9 weeks? Is it normal to have hard pimples that never leave. I went private in the UK and its costing me a fortune to be on this drug. £1.200 all together for the appointments each and blood work month and then £120 a month for the Accutane pills.

Sorry for letting steam off Im just sick of it. Never felt this low in my life. I picked a pimple too which makes it worse i now have a massive red open wound.

So your starting Friday then? You excited?

Thanks for replying

Wow! That sucks big time. I'm in the states and I'm not even paying that much, granted I have awesome health insurance-my husband works for a good company.

Um, I say let out all your frustrations on this site-I'm sure I will be very soon. My husband is getting exhausted listening to my constant complaining. :)

I'm not sure if it's normal to still be breaking out at 9 weeks, but I've read lots of people on this site who said they never cleared till the end of treatment.

I am really excited one minute and then I read a horrible story and then get scared the next minute. Who knows, but I will be going on it regardless of my fears. I am not living like this anymore! This is something that only us acne sufferers can understand.

pics

Hmmm, you know if I remember your last pictures you posted-then I would say you are definately improving. Less inflammation big time. I just think that cystic acne is really stubborn!

I put powder on my face before taking a picture i was to ashamed of taking one of my naked face.

I know its so expensive isn't it. I wish we could get it over in the uk without having to wait 3months on the NHS.

Dont be nervous. Chances are if it worked for you once it will work again. They say it comes in threes. 3rd time lucky right?!

Edited by Mini Me.

I put powder on my face before taking a picture i was to ashamed of taking one of my naked face.

I know its so expensive isn't it. I wish we could get it over in the uk without having to wait 3months on the NHS.

Dont be nervous. Chances are if it worked for you once it will work again. They say it comes in threes. 3rd time lucky right?!

I hope your right about the 3rd time.

So is NHS your universal insurance? and you have to wait 3 months before going on accutane?! If so, crazy. In the US you have to wait 30 days, but only if your female-so unfair!

Oh and one more thing, I'm sorry you cried, but since I seem to cry all the time about my skin-it makes me feel normal.

Yeah its basically free healthcare. We pay for it in taxes. But with things like Accutane you have to be your doctor to refer you to a Derm even then if he does like i said you have to wait 3 or more months. My doctor wouldn't refer me so i went private and here i am.

I hope your course goes well for you i really do :) Please keep me updated

Thanks and I will keep you updated.

I guess wherever you live, there is no such thing as a perfect healthcare plan. I think the only reason I prefer the way it is here, is because I am fortunate enough to have good insurance. This might make you mad, but with our insurance, I don't even have to get a referral. I pretty much can see whoever I want when I want. There is always drawbacks to every plan though.

Okay, I think I may have figured out how to upload a picture_let's see if it worked.

post-152688-1310169083_thumb.jpg

post-152688-1310169083_thumb.jpg

Yeah it did-i so don't know computers! Isn't my skin horrible! I bet you feel better now....:)

Again that was so sweet of you to post a picture to make me feel like im not alone. I take it you have persistent acne? i think one you start taking you're pills the inflammation will go down within the first two weeks. The think with my skin was it was mainly millions off clogged pores all over the skin which just exploded. And gave me cysts.

Through looking at the logs and pics the people with most of there pimples purged already on the surface see the fastest results quicker. Ill link you to a log which i think might give you a confidence boost off Accutane :)

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/GodsWill-m101800.html

Look at this girls acne and how much she improved i always look at this to keep me strong.

Don't worry if your skin is still breaking out asnd getting worse. Mine broke out for most of my course. It's definitely normal. You should really start to see some results around the end of month 4/month 5. Don't give up!

Don't worry if your skin is still breaking out asnd getting worse. Mine broke out for most of my course. It's definitely normal. You should really start to see some results around the end of month 4/month 5. Don't give up!

Thank you :) Have you started to clear now? All i can say is roll n month 4/5

Again that was so sweet of you to post a picture to make me feel like im not alone. I take it you have persistent acne? i think one you start taking you're pills the inflammation will go down within the first two weeks. The think with my skin was it was mainly millions off clogged pores all over the skin which just exploded. And gave me cysts.

Through looking at the logs and pics the people with most of there pimples purged already on the surface see the fastest results quicker. Ill link you to a log which i think might give you a confidence boost off Accutane :)

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/GodsWill-m101800.html

Look at this girls acne and how much she improved i always look at this to keep me strong.

WOW! OMG! Yeah that pretty much confirms that there is always someone who has it worse! I actually got sick to my stomach looking at her before pictures. That poor poor girl. It also makes me mad to think that people have the nerve to try and get rid of this miracle drug. Thanks Mini Me. I just really hope that I can recover with minimal scaring. From what I have read, pitted scars is when the skins collagen actually is damaged, which can be a hereditary thing-as in how your skin heals.

I was able to heal completely on my previous treatments, but I honestly think I am the worst I've ever been. I have been on Doxy for almost 10 weeks and have been purging for those 10 weeks straight without let up! So, I am hoping that what you said-is true, because I really feel like I can't handle more.

Thanks!

Oh and yes, I have persistent and cystic acne. I honestly cannot remember what it's like to not have a hundred sits at once. Hmmmm, (I dreaming) can't wait. I will give updates.

By the way, how are you doing today, better?

WOW! OMG! Yeah that pretty much confirms that there is always someone who has it worse! I actually got sick to my stomach looking at her before pictures. That poor poor girl. It also makes me mad to think that people have the nerve to try and get rid of this miracle drug. Thanks Mini Me. I just really hope that I can recover with minimal scaring. From what I have read, pitted scars is when the skins collagen actually is damaged, which can be a hereditary thing-as in how your skin heals.

I was able to heal completely on my previous treatments, but I honestly think I am the worst I've ever been. I have been on Doxy for almost 10 weeks and have been purging for those 10 weeks straight without let up! So, I am hoping that what you said-is true, because I really feel like I can't handle more.

Thanks!

So, what are rolling scars? The funny thing is, I'm sure I have them, but I just don't know what they look like. And yes I have definitely thought about getting laser, but I have heard of needling which is supposed to be just as effective, but costs a fraction of the price. Who knows what I'll do. I guess it all depends on how bad my face looks after tane.

Thanks for looking out for me! Yeah I have been on overload with probiotics. Seriouly! I take 2 probiotics pills a day, I drink Kombutcha almost daily, this green drink with probiotics and Kefir. I know, I know, I'm ridiculous, but Ir rather be safe than sorry. ;) How long were you on Droxy and did you recover from the digestive issues?

Ugh, sorry. I feel for you. I hate this whole 30 day wait period in the states. I feel at a stand still also. Hopefully, tomorrow you will feel a little better. Fingers crossed! :)

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Finally-s...ne-t286882.html

my log

And am seeing wonderfulness! Lol I bet you thought this was a negative post

Side effects: I never really had severe side effects, i had dry skin everywhere basically but it wasn't bad i just put on body lotion after some showers and that made everything good, some soreness in my body but nothing too bad and the worst i had was dry lips. I think thats all the side effects I got. The lips started getting really bad and so was the area around my mouth, so I stopped taking accutane with like 23 pills left or something. That was a week ago

now the side effects are almost gone. My lips are healed and starting to not even have to put on moisturizor every day. That was really the only thing that was bad, also the dry skin is taken care of because i moisturize my body really well anyways. With time the soreness in my joints / body should go away, doesn't stop me or bother me though because I went to the gym regularly during my course, i should only get better healing results from this point.

Acne: During the course since about day 20ish I think to about 150ish I was breaking out constantly, everything. Nodules, cystic, really bad ones to. I was getting little whiteheads, bumps everything. It was horrible My face was never worse in my life...it was really bad during its prime and I went to my friends cottage for weekends multiple times during the peak of my accutane side effects and acne...it was bad but i hope its made me into a stronger person. Only about a month before I took my last pill did I not break out, even 1 week after i haven't broken out. I do get some small ones, but they are so little and gone so quickly that it doens't even matter.

Red marks: During the course my red marks would heal reallly slowly and thats what killed me. My problem has been the red marks that stay for so long after i get a pimple, also the pimples. Right now I looked in the mirror and it is starting to look better. In about a week i have seen really good improvements in healing, and im sure its because I stopped taking accutane. I also use this cream which helped during the last month or so while on it and continue to use it now that im done it and i hope it gets even better because i stopped accutane.

I am so happy that im done with this drug, the longest 6 months of my life, probably the worst physically and acne wise. Now im done and am slowly healing these red marks, once those are done i am done with acne for good. Because of accutane I most likely will not see another cystic pimple ever again and if that is true, then I will no longer be getting any red marks.

also forgot to mention my dosage. I weighed 60kgs during the course and took 40mg everyday. To start off i did every 3 days for a week, then every 2 days for 2 weeks then i started doing everyday.

Hey! sorry i was just creeping through this fourm but i saw this and i saw that you were struggling and this guy says he was breaking out almost ALL through his treatment and now he says he's "seeing wonderfulness" so just try and stay strong!

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Finally-s...ne-t286882.html

my log

And am seeing wonderfulness! Lol I bet you thought this was a negative post

Side effects: I never really had severe side effects, i had dry skin everywhere basically but it wasn't bad i just put on body lotion after some showers and that made everything good, some soreness in my body but nothing too bad and the worst i had was dry lips. I think thats all the side effects I got. The lips started getting really bad and so was the area around my mouth, so I stopped taking accutane with like 23 pills left or something. That was a week ago

now the side effects are almost gone. My lips are healed and starting to not even have to put on moisturizor every day. That was really the only thing that was bad, also the dry skin is taken care of because i moisturize my body really well anyways. With time the soreness in my joints / body should go away, doesn't stop me or bother me though because I went to the gym regularly during my course, i should only get better healing results from this point.

Acne: During the course since about day 20ish I think to about 150ish I was breaking out constantly, everything. Nodules, cystic, really bad ones to. I was getting little whiteheads, bumps everything. It was horrible My face was never worse in my life...it was really bad during its prime and I went to my friends cottage for weekends multiple times during the peak of my accutane side effects and acne...it was bad but i hope its made me into a stronger person. Only about a month before I took my last pill did I not break out, even 1 week after i haven't broken out. I do get some small ones, but they are so little and gone so quickly that it doens't even matter.

Red marks: During the course my red marks would heal reallly slowly and thats what killed me. My problem has been the red marks that stay for so long after i get a pimple, also the pimples. Right now I looked in the mirror and it is starting to look better. In about a week i have seen really good improvements in healing, and im sure its because I stopped taking accutane. I also use this cream which helped during the last month or so while on it and continue to use it now that im done it and i hope it gets even better because i stopped accutane.

I am so happy that im done with this drug, the longest 6 months of my life, probably the worst physically and acne wise. Now im done and am slowly healing these red marks, once those are done i am done with acne for good. Because of accutane I most likely will not see another cystic pimple ever again and if that is true, then I will no longer be getting any red marks.

also forgot to mention my dosage. I weighed 60kgs during the course and took 40mg everyday. To start off i did every 3 days for a week, then every 2 days for 2 weeks then i started doing everyday.

Hey! sorry i was just creeping through this fourm but i saw this and i saw that you were struggling and this guy says he was breaking out almost ALL through his treatment and now he says he's "seeing wonderfulness" so just try and stay strong!

Ahhh thank you so much thats sweet.. I shal have a read through it now. Thank youuuu xx

im pisssed off too i've only gotten worse since i've started. i was on proactiv and the most powerful washes and stuff beforehand so now i stopped it all for the shitty cetaphil so i feel like i took one step forward but two back. im at 6 weeks with not much at all happening and its so frustrating. i was at 40 mg the first month and still am during the second. im going to beg for a higher dosage at the next appointment. alot of it is blotchiness too some parts never break out but its red all around the clear so it looks weird. idk i just want to be clear for my first year of college :/