Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
76ers1985

Doxycycline and Accutane

I was prescribed Accutane yesterday for mildish persistent acne (26 year old male). I'm on 80mg a day. After reading a lot of the horror stories, I asked (among other things), if there was anything I could do to help with the initial breakout. My derm shook her head as if she already was prepared for that question, and prescribed me Monodox (doxycycline) daily.

She responded to another question I asked that she's prescribed thousands of people with Accutane, so I can only imagine they all were given the same. She also said she's been through 3 courses and her assistant went through one.

So I guess my question is, is the brain damage that is talked about something that I should bring up to her, or is that just another one of those very tiny possibilities that they have to warn you about?

I'm pretty sure I'll call her on Monday anyways, to double check, but I wanted to hear if anyone else was given the same and if they had any issues.

Edited by 76ers1985