Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kelso57

silk true almond as oppose to milk

hey i read here that dairy can cause breakouts so im going to start to cut it from my diet. is "silk true almond" a safe alternative from milk. and by safe i mean will it cause me to breakout?

thanks

For most people. Although I wouldn't be surprised if Silk in particular added a bunch of unnecessary ingredients like sugar ("evaporated cane juice") and whatnot.

Guest davidtheskinking

I recommend coconut, almond or rice over dairy... more nutrition and dairy isn't digested too well by most people causing problems.

Organic is best if you can get it.

David

Hey i dont know about silk but i drink blue diamond alomond milk and its great! first it tasted horrible but now im use to it and xtra plus it has zero sugar!!

Hey i dont know about silk but i drink blue diamond alomond milk and its great! first it tasted horrible but now im use to it and xtra plus it has zero sugar!!

Yes,I drink Blue Diamond Almond Milk too(the chocolate kind,hehe:) ). I think it tastes great! Better than milk. It's lower in calories,doesn't have to be refrigerated, and is much healthier than soy milk(which contains a lot of sugar). Since I cut out dairy in my diet I've seen a huge improvement in my acne. I've tried coconut,rice and soy milk...all of which I think don't taste great. Try almond milk :)

going from milk or dairy products to almond milk, may not be as bad as going to soy milk, but there is more tryptophan in milk, which is needed to make melatonin, milk has a better quality protein i believe. dairy is a good source of saturated fat as well.

i would say switch to an low or no sugar, plain full fat yogurt, or make your own yogurt, until you figure out how to do this, just eat cheese for tryptophan and calcium.

I have taken that almond milk. Nearly every dairy product

gives me acne. This almond milk (the unsweetened version)

had no impact on my skin.

You are probably safe here as well. Soy milk was ok for me too.

Coconut milk didn't go so well though. Coconut aggravated my skin.

Edited by sosc