Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
michael scarn

Suppose I'll add mine

Just a quick start as im hitting the hay shortly (up at 5 a.m)

Male, 23 weigh 66kg and starting out on 30mg/day

WEEK 1

I started to get the dry skin and lips around the third or fourth day of my treatment, but also noticed the redness going down around the sides of my chin and lower cheeks.

However, on my 7th day of taking roaccutane, I woke up with quite a few whiteheads. I burst the majority of them, as I had to goto work, and didn't realise this was only the beginning..

WEEK 2

On the wednesday, day 8, I had twice the number of whiteheads as yesterday, it was fairly disgusting, i hadn't had this much in a long time even with the 3 or 4 major breakouts I'd had since February. Thursday was much worse, and today, Friday was worse.

Here's a picture or two from today:

post-153918-1310158058_thumb.jpg

post-153918-1310158096_thumb.jpg

post-153918-1310158058_thumb.jpg

post-153918-1310158096_thumb.jpg

WEEK 2 Continued

Things are pretty much the same, maybe the number of whiteheads has gone down a bit. Hoping that the breakout has peaked (or rather, reached the depths!). Then again, I'm only on day 12!

Long way to go yet.

Hey Michael, good luck on your journey! I can't believe we started on the same day - I'll def. be keeping an eye on you, comparing our symptoms would be awesome ;)

I think your IB started earlier and more severe. Mine's kinda just been slightly increased breakouts, mainly around the jaw area, but some sporadic ones too. It's getting drier and drier though, and I've had some hard lumps come up :S Don't know what they are..

anyway, keep updating, Susan.

thanks susan!

Well I'm on Day 17 now and it's been improving since that IB last week. Last friday was by far the worst I've ever seen it, but by now, most of those whiteheads have gone, and alot of the redness has gone down. Things are far from clear yet, but it's really starting to look up :)

hoping that I just get the one IB, and that its all clear-up from here on in!

I'm now on Day 19, no new whiteheads today, I think this has been the first morning wehre my first thought upon waking up wasn't to check the mirror!

Here's another couple of pics I've just took.

Firstly, ignore what looks like a whitehead on my nose, its actually just a bit of skin peeling, and secondly, Yes I am well aware I need to shave but I'm trying to limit my shaving as much as possible to avoid aggravating things!!

My nose (cept one on the bridge), above my lip, and chin are all clear, couple on the forehead, my neck is still quite bad, and my cheeks are starting to clear majorly.

I am excited for you man! Keep it up. As you know I'll be starting it soon! Its going to get tough but I know for a fact that its worth it! I am going back to Uni. at the end of August so I really hope my initial breakout doesn't last over a month!

Guest Timehealsall
I'm now on Day 19, no new whiteheads today, I think this has been the first morning wehre my first thought upon waking up wasn't to check the mirror!

Here's another couple of pics I've just took.

Firstly, ignore what looks like a whitehead on my nose, its actually just a bit of skin peeling, and secondly, Yes I am well aware I need to shave but I'm trying to limit my shaving as much as possible to avoid aggravating things!!

first of all, good luck man. I feel you on having those pus filled pimples. Those are seriously the nastiest looking pimples a person can have, and it really brings me down when i get those.

Second of all, AVOID popping any pimples, even if you are tempted to do so. I have never popped a pimple (Except maybe one) even when they were nasty as hell. Just let them go away when they go away.

Regarding the shaving, its best imho if you just wait till your beard area clears up and than you can start shaving. A little stubble isn't anything too bad anyways.

How long have you had acne for bro?

first of all, good luck man. I feel you on having those pus filled pimples. Those are seriously the nastiest looking pimples a person can have, and it really brings me down when i get those.

Second of all, AVOID popping any pimples, even if you are tempted to do so. I have never popped a pimple (Except maybe one) even when they were nasty as hell. Just let them go away when they go away.

Regarding the shaving, its best imho if you just wait till your beard area clears up and than you can start shaving. A little stubble isn't anything too bad anyways.

How long have you had acne for bro?

hey pal cheers for the comment, to be hoenst with ya ive had to do a couple of 'em that were in awkward places, right on my lip or directly under my nose just to rid myself of the discomfort. I shaved monday night and it wasn't as bad as I expected, I dont gorw facial hair too quickly anyway thankfully!

had acne with a good 11 years but it wasn't really severe until i was about 17.

Face is coming on nisely now, but my neck is still sprouting, likewise chest and back.

23 days down now! :whistle:

Wow! You are looking great. I really can see a major difference between your first pictures.

I find all these dosages that everyone is on so confusing. I am female and weigh a little less than you and I am on twice your dosage and a month longer. I realize that our derms know what their doing but I really wish us non-derms knew the reasoning behind such drastic prescription dosages meant. I know, I'm ranting-sorry

Anywho, I wish you the best and it looks like you are on your way to pretty (um, I mean handsome ;)) skin!

thanks susan im fucking well thrilled, tad nervous bout going on 60mg next month an having another breakout but what can ya do! my chin and nose are clear just need to sort cheeks and forehead. Neck is still quite bad, but starting to clear, chest is shit enough too but since it's not openly visible (not with this weather anyway0 im not really bothered!

roisin, thanks i cant get over it, all i can say is ive been to the depths of acne, and come through the other side, so if you have doubts, please just have faith, and you'll be as happy as me soon enough mate

Guest Timehealsall

damn, thats a long time to have acne. You said it got bad at age 17? How old are you now?

you are clearing up well mate.. and you do not seem to have ANY scarring.

good for you

Guest Timehealsall

did you suffer any scarring thus far?

HOLY SMOKES! I have never seen that much of an improvement in just a few weeks. I can tell that Accutane is doing good things for you. I can't wait to see what you'll look like at the end of your course. Congratulations! :hifive:

Wow massive improvement! The inflammation has gone done considerably!

Holy shiiiiit buddy, major improvement in so little time! Wow, truly inspirational.

Truly unbelievable! :drool:

damn, thats a long time to have acne. You said it got bad at age 17? How old are you now?

you are clearing up well mate.. and you do not seem to have ANY scarring.

good for you

HOLY SMOKES! I have never seen that much of an improvement in just a few weeks. I can tell that Accutane is doing good things for you. I can't wait to see what you'll look like at the end of your course. Congratulations! :hifive:

Thanks all, latest update Im now on day 37, I'm back to Derm on Monday the 8th to go up to 60mg. I've been a bit reckless last week or so with roaccutane (not drinking enough water, drinking too much alcohol, taking it with just a tiny bit of food), and the improvement has stopped. I've copped on again now, but my neck is quite shit, including a fucking huge one that came up overnight monday.

I had to delete a couple of earlier photos to make room for these (4mb is a bit naff int it?)

post-153918-1312477505_thumb.jpg

My chin looks great in that ^ :wub:

post-153918-1312477540_thumb.jpg

Also, I've noticed it seems to be working from the centre out, if that makes any sense; Basically, the line down the front of my face, forehead/nose/upper lip, and from bottom lip down to chin, is all clear. The centre of my neck seems to be next to clear, while the spots/marks are getting further away, more towards the sides of my cheeks nearer my ears. Its too difficult to explain! Anyway, back on track, chest still has a good few but not too worried bout that, while my back seems to be healing.

Till next time ;)

I just wanted to saw WOW! That is insane improvement for just 1 month.

Congratulations, truly. You deserve it. :)

Looking good Michael! The difference is amazing and I bet you were really pleased with that. Here's hoping things carry on going so well for you! :)