Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest davidtheskinking

Drinking Water To Clear Skin - (It Works!)

Guest davidtheskinking

I just wanted to create this quick post to share my 2 cents about this because it REALLY helped me out a lot when I had acne.

Water is one of the most important nutrients to the body. It has many functions, it regulates many things in the body which relate back to your skin such as hormone levels and hydration of the internal organs and so much more.

When I had acne one of the biggest reasons why I personally Had acne was dehydration, I would barely drink water each a day and on top of that I would drink things that dehydrated my body like sports drinks and sugary fruit juices.

When I discovered that I wasn't drinking enough water I Immediately started drinking more.

Thanks to my mother (who has been working in the health/nutrition field for 14 years) I learned that I should be drinking 50% of my body weight in ounces of water each day.

So if you weigh...

100 pounds, you need 50 ounces of water a day.

125 pounds, you need 63 ounces of water a day.

150 pounds, you need 75 ounces of water a day.

And so on,

I also recommend that you drink purified or spring water only because tap water is no longer "safe" drinking water in my opinion. If you look into it you will find that fluoride, chlorine, metals and even traces of drugs are in the water now! The skin and body can be very sensitive to these things which can cause more breakouts.

Water cleanses the colon and liver which when aren't cleansed often enough build up toxins which breakout of the skin and form pimples and other skin symptoms.

Water also hydrates the body AND skin by carrying nutrients such as vitamins, minerals and enzymes to the skin cells and this is what keeps your skin clear!

So to hydrate your body, carry nutrition to your skin cells to heal them and keep them clear and to get rid of toxins and dead bacteria or other infections that can cause more breakouts I have a BIG lesson for you!

DRINK MORE WATER!

It will really help you begin to clear up your skin,

Ohh yeah, and one more thing.

Drink less soda, coffee, fruit juices and sports drinks because these dehydrate you and work against your clear skin.

Hope this helps some of you on your journey to clear skin :):surprised:

David

*moderator edit*

P.S. Also made a video called "Drinking water to clear skin" hope this helps explain it to you better.

You know I've wondered about this.

I remember reading that water dilutes the blood and that it's the blood that cleans the body of toxins not water.

Sometimes I think if I drink too much water I'm messing up my ability to digest food...

For what it's worth I've noticed no difference with upping my water on my skin at all.

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

I've found drinking lots of water did amazing things for my skin. If someone isn't drinking over a litre of it per day, they're definitely not drinking enough. I drink about 3 litres per day and I'm quite a petite girl!

Guest davidtheskinking

If you are thirsty you are already dehydrated, you should never be thirsty.

Also, your body will store toxins... they are foreign to the body and until you cleanse through nutrition and hydration (combination of both is best) they will just sit there.

Acne breakouts occur because of toxins, bacterial overgrowth and hormonal imbalances which cause oil to spread along with the bacteria. But toxins can cause the bacteria to not heal and recover quickly enough causing acne to grow.

Also, I recommend drinking water away from your food more... Your digestive enzymes need to go to work and your body will absorb the nutrition from the food better when you don't have liquids during time.

The best amount is 50% of your body weight in ounces of water each day.

Hope this helps!

Yeah it helps... but if the cure to acne was as simple as drinking a couple of bottles of water a day...

Guest davidtheskinking
Yeah it helps... but if the cure to acne was as simple as drinking a couple of bottles of water a day...

It's one step in the right direction, and that's all it takes.

The more you move in the right direction doing the right things the quicker your skin clears up.

Then you learn, and grow and it get's easier and easier until your skin is clear :)

You can do it!

If you are thirsty you are already dehydrated, you should never be thirsty.

I'm not trying to be arsey here and I've heard this a million times but I wonder, 'they' say you are thirsty before your body has even signalled thirst. I think bodies are cleverer than that. It's like saying ok you're not telling me your thirsty but you are so here.

Seems back to front to me...

Yeah it defo affects my digestion and I think that's the root cause of my acne

Drinking water has helped my skin so much! I see a definite improvement because of how much I consume. When I don't drink certain amounts of water my skin is generally lack-luster the next day.

Guest davidtheskinking

Glad to hear! Keep it up!