Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
coco45

goodbye acne, hello senior year!

Hey yell!

After lurking these forums awhile I decided to finally make an account to have some support with what I am going through right now. I am on day 22 of accutane 40mg a day, and have had an initial breakout since day one, which hasnt subsided one bit :/ I will post pics soon, but am on my phone at the moment. Thnx for looking!

Now my background:

so i started getting moderate acne sophmore year, so I tried proactive which didnt help in the slightest. So my mom made an appointment with the dermatologist...he put me on tazorac and doxycycline, and my face broke out so bad I didnt want to go out of the house. I went from pretty popular to a recluse in 2 months time. I hated life, but finally my acne died down by summer! Things were looking up! I spent a lot of time with my friends again and even started getting serious with a couple girls. My life was awesome until December when my face broke out again even more (keep in mind at my derm appointments my doctor regularly increased my strength and doses of meds, would NOT put me on accutane :/) The past 6 months have been up and down, with breakouts followed by clear periods. I finally got an appointment with a dermatologist that put me on accutane (3 month wait list!). And here I am today, back to square one, but with the hope that in the coming months my acne will finally be gone. Oh and btw my oil is totally gone now, thats the only good thing so far!

thanks and I hope some people will comment

sounds like you're doing pretty well! has your skin been peeling off at all? i'm on day 21 and my skin is driving me crazy but it IS clearing up so that's always good. post photos and keep it up!

My skin/lips are insanely dry, but I have moisturizer and aquafor chapstick for that! Im glad your acne is improving! hopefully mine will soon as well!

Good luck with your course! I'm sure you'll have clear skin in no time. Keep being positive about everything. :) Keep us updated!

ok photo time :/

This is from 6-8 months ago...my skin looks flawless, but my whiteheads didnt show up on my low res phone pic

post-153937-1310160652_thumb.jpg

annnnd now...

I normally keep my hair short and kinda messy but right now im growing my hair a bit to cover my forehead!

forehead:post-153937-1310160740_thumb.jpg

right cheek (right looks basically the same)

post-153937-1310160776_thumb.jpg

Anyways yeah....so my acne looks bad, i just got my senior portraits back and its like 30$ to retouch them (i just got a job so i plan on doing that), kind of depressing to look at.

Anyways I am not hoping for an overnight miracle, but it would be nice for my skin to start healing just a little bit :)

post-153937-1310160652_thumb.jpg

post-153937-1310160740_thumb.jpg

post-153937-1310160776_thumb.jpg

it'll start healing! its frustrating to wait though...

haha, i remember getting my senior photos and having to have them airbrushed, too! i'd say its definitely worth it though.

what day are you on again?

good luck! i'll keep checking in :)

Good luck again!!! You shouldn't let your acne hold you back, you're a cutie! Haha you'll be done with accutane before you know it.

Good luck again!!! You shouldn't let your acne hold you back, you're a cutie! Haha you'll be done with accutane before you know it.

Than you :) I definitely cant wait to be clear

Also day, 26

my breakouts have stopped, maybe have gotten one or two new zits. My old acne from the initial breakout is healing sloooooow, and left red marks that i read I just have to deal with until they go away. Getting my blood drawn again today and I have a dermatologist app on wednesday for my refill.

ok so ive stopped breaking out for the most part, and have maybe 10-15 zits on my face. But my face still looks really bad from all the scarring/red marks. Any ideas to help fade these faster?

ok so i had my appointment today, doctor upped my dose to 80mg a day. Im a little nervous about doubling my dose, as I havent had hardly any side effects so far and am not looking forward to getting them.

acne flaired a bit because of the inc in dosage. Hoping for better improvememts in the next couple weeks :D

Its getting better, but ever s slowly! I wish it wasnt so bad, I feel like until it clears Im just wasting time, I dont do much else besides workout, hang with friends and work. I guess its human to let a flaw hold you back, but I cannot wait to be clear! Hopefully by september that will be a reality! Dunno the day probably 40 something.

sides: Dry skin, dry lips, dry eyes, dry scalp, dry hair, lower back pain, joint pains....and thats pretty much it, I got off pretty easy with sides so far. Oh and red face!