Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Alright, so I said F*** you to the starving yourself to clear skin and "candida." I believe that if one gets ALL the vitamins and minerals they need than their body can overcome anything.

Acne sufferers have been"starving" their bodies of the right and enough of the right nutrients for years, which is why we developed this ailment. So, we need to eat more and more of the healthy foods, until our skin is perfect, and we can handle a little excess.

When we eat too much of the bad, we don't eat enough of the good. If I eat this piece of cake, I will most likely not have my usual salad because I am full, then we make a habit. Eat the whole box of pastries and then don't eat anything our body needs.

Loads of leafy greens, loads of berries and potatoes and beans. MUST get all vitamins and minerals! I want to even eat mushrooms, because they are high in vitamin b5. So, my friend eats nothing healthy, eats frozen meals and poptarts all day, and is the most lovely baby soft creature. I was like "what vegtab;es do you eat, and she is like potatoes, mashed, all day long. That is all she really eats.

I thought to myself "whie potatoes are not healthy, they are liek white bread," Well, they are full of vitamins and such, so maybe she has something good after all.

If she doesn't have acne and candida then she must be doing something right, and it's not just genetics. Granted she was never on antibiotics, so her digestion must be great, although she said she goes to the bathroom once every "few" day, which scared me...

So, we need to fix digestion and get every single vitamin and mineral our bodies need. Not just some guys. We need even more than the average person because we have denied them to ourselves for so long.

So, have a sweet potato for breakfast and lunch. Eat 3 salads a day, have a green smoothie. Eat that melon fruit salad. Have that corn gazpacho chickpea soup.

Think healthy and, am I getting enough vitamins today? If we get enough of everything than we can have something that is pointless like a piece of candy, and we will appreciate it more and won't splurge, and it won't affect us because the body can handle it.

Who is with me!!?!

Also, get some probiotics in your system. If you are terrified of dairy, even kefir and greek yogurt, which is supposed to be hormone free and has loads of probiotics, get some kombucha. Most stores have it, and it's really tasty and full of probitoics!

Fiber helps probitoics, and garlic too, as well as apple cider vinegar. You want to be more alkaline than acidic. So more greens, beans and fruits, less meats.

I don't trust American meat and I am American, ha! So, I am not eating any meat that is probably hormone, antibiotic injected.

Who is with me!!? Let's eat to cure!

Carrot juice everyday, and carrot smoothies (with fiber)

Also, Metamucil (thank goodness they make a pink lemonade flavor now!) , twice daily!

More vitamin A and C in carrots will be great! So excited!

Edited by Crystaltheparislover

This is the Nutrition and Holistic board. Eating healthy to clear skin is what we do. And little hint, if you are eating healthy, there's no need for metamucil.

This is the Nutrition and Holistic board. Eating healthy to clear skin is what we do. And little hint, if you are eating healthy, there's no need for metamucil.

I don't believe in the candida diet! It doesn't have enough nutrition, I am going to up carrot juice and all veggies and fruits! Screw starving myself! That is why candida developed and acne, poor nutrition, not enough of everything, too much of the bad!

If what you do have is candida or leaky gut your going to want to be very carefuly with anything starchy. That will just put you back. You shouldn't be starving, just eating more of what is allowed on the candida or leaky gut diet. Beans I'd say to stay away from for now as they all have starch ratings very high, even when cooked. White potatoes I believe ARE the starchiest food you can possibly eat. It's crazy McD's french fries only have a starch rating of around 15, where as one russel potato has a starch rating of 40+.

If you want to try anything it would be sweet potatoes. Raw they are very high, but when skinned and steam cooked with no salt, they drop to around 15 on the starch chart. That should be the most starchiest food you eat. Bananas are the highest fruit at 10-15 depending on how ripe, carrots are around 6. Cooking carrots drops them to 2-3.

Keep up on the salad eating, with a ton of non-starchy veggies like broccoli, artichoke, asparagus, sprouts, cooked carrots, cucumbers, celery there are tons. And there is nothing to worry about for organic meats, but if you like fish, fish is always a great choice. Something totally in nature, man doesn't decide their lifestyle or diet (as long as not farmed, always get wild) so it's the best of both worlds, I try eating all different kinds of seafood.

I don't believe in the candida diet!

So???? This forum isn't about candida diets.

Screw starving myself!

Good.

That is why candida developed and acne, poor nutrition, not enough of everything, too much of the bad!

Yes, (except for the candida part) Poor nutrition, too much bad, etc. Along with other habits. That would be why we have this nutrition forum.

Edited by alternativista

Screw starving myself!

Good.

That is why candida developed and acne, poor nutrition, not enough of everything, too much of the bad!

Yes, (except for the candida part) Poor nutrition, too much bad, etc. Along with other habits. That would be why we have this nutrition forum.

Vista help me! I know you are wise! I do not quite understand how to post in these forums. But anyways, do I have to starve myself to cure my acne? I can't only eat leafy greens and fish! I like fruit, and tea, and I think that candida is liked to fat and sugar together.

Vista doesn't want you to starve yourself, she said "good" when you said you wouldn't. Ya don't need to just eat leafy greens and fish, there are a ton of non starchy veggies like I said before, and add some fruit. Blueberries, watermelon, apples are all good, low GI and shouldn't cause you problems at all, just make sure the apples are organic, big difference between non-organic and organic apples.

There's also nuts and seeds. But try to focus more on seeds, hemp and chia seeds are ideal.

I just eat relatively low carb and I love the food. I take a multi, fish oil, and drink lots of water and tea. It's more than just an aid for my acne, it's a lifestyle change. I'm much slimmer and I have less acne. People sensationalize food, but what is it other than sustenance. Food is food, but if you eat the wrong thing be prepared to suffer the consequences. Honestly, I'm just biding my time until a real aid for acne is developed within the next 10 years.

Vista doesn't want you to starve yourself, she said "good" when you said you wouldn't. Ya don't need to just eat leafy greens and fish, there are a ton of non starchy veggies like I said before, and add some fruit. Blueberries, watermelon, apples are all good, low GI and shouldn't cause you problems at all, just make sure the apples are organic, big difference between non-organic and organic apples.

There's also nuts and seeds. But try to focus more on seeds, hemp and chia seeds are ideal.

So, what about lower fat? What If I just took in coconut, olive, and fish oil? Can I still consume fruits? Do you guy believe in candida being caused by sugar, fat, vitamin depletion, or what?

You keep talking about candida when you previously said you didn't believe in it.

Eat real, whole, nutrient dense foods, more anti-inflammatory foods than inflammatory that doesn't include anything you have an intolerance to. And keep all meals, drinks and snacks low to moderate glycemic load.

Screw starving myself!

Good.

Sorry, I never really understood how to post on this site; still to this day! I just post in what forum seems to correlate the most with my thoughts. I am terribly sorry.

Potatoes break me out for some reason....like really badly.

And doesn't kombucha have alcohol in it? I was always scared to drink it because of the alcohol content, i dont know if it's good or bad