Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spacemind

Please give this cleanser a shot.

I have tried a lot of cleansers, my last one was a high quality product from Vichy Normaderm, it was very good but it dried my skin too much ( and believe me, I can fry an egg with my oil after one day without using any treatment )

Baking Soda (sodium bicarbonate) it's a miracle cleanser, and it has proved that it's so effective I just can't believe the results just after 2 days. (Acne scars definitely have faded, my face glows with health)

I splash my face with warm water from the shower for 5 minutes, I apply a hand of baking soda just to cover my face and rub it very very gently. I wait 2 minutes and then I wash it with warm-luke water until there's none on my face. I then use a towel dry, I just dab it on my face. Afterwards I dab on a cotton ball lime juice squeezed directly from the lime. (Warning: It will sting like hell for 5 minutes, but hang in there)

I do this twice a day. Sometimes I hydrate after, depending on how dry is my skin but I do it at least once a day ( I use a non-comedogenic product : Normaderm Tri-Active mixed with a little bit of jojoba oil ) and before sleeping I use BP 10% after 2 hours I cleansed and hydrated.

I also use Skinoren for pimples and it literally burns them to death ( applied twice a day on the pimple ).

Anyway, give this a shot, I recommend it from my heart.

I've attached a picture of my acne type. ( This was a week ago, huge improvements since then thanks to a modified type of regimen and baking soda :D )

Hope this is helpful to someone and I'm opened to any type of advice regarding my type of acne.

I'm very thankful this community exists.

post-153422-1310136539_thumb.jpg

post-153422-1310136539_thumb.jpg

Hello, thanks for the replies.

It might be very harsh but I'm very very gentle with it and it works wonders.

Here's a photo of today. It's a bit red because I just cleansed it at it needs an hour or two to calm a little bit down.

post-153422-1310194120_thumb.jpg

post-153422-1310194120_thumb.jpg

Edited by spacemind

Looks like it's working but definitely start watching out for signs of irritation (I once over exfoliated for weeks before I noticed how much it irritated my skin and let me tell you--I really regretted it!). Maybe start cutting back now that it seems under control?

^ Yeah, when I first started exfoliating I didn't really know what it was lol I was exfoliating twice a day with my cleanser, then before I knew it my skin was bone dry and peeling >< I exfoliate once every 2 days now, and my skin still gets dry from that :o

dude, im sorry to say, but cleansers dont really help with acne. It's pretty much how your body reacts to certain types of food, weather, and hormonal stress, etc. If you want a guarantee way to take care of your skin and reduce acne...you're going to have to change your diet. I would recommend you eat vegetables everyday (salad with grilled chicken), take multivits, take fish oil. Most importantly though, you're gonna have to avoid eating bad carb foods (rice, pasta, etc), sugared food/drinks, fast food, peanuts, fried stuff. It's hard I know, but it'll be worth it in the long run man...best of luck.