Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SeekingHelp2

Lots of blackheads on nose.

I cannot find how to get rid of the blackheads on my nose. My skin is amazingly oily so I guess my pores are all clogged up... =/ I've been randomly buying products trying stuff out, nothing works.

I've been thinking of using this as a mask, and buying it:

http://www.acne.org/neutrogena-clear-pore-...221/page22.html

Any thoughts on it?

And when you use masks or exfoliate, how do you do it? I never seem to understand how the routine goes...

Do you need to cleanse? or exfoliate/mask on the skin is sufficient cleansing as well?

Appreciate answer.

I cannot find how to get rid of the blackheads on my nose. My skin is amazingly oily so I guess my pores are all clogged up... =/ I've been randomly buying products trying stuff out, nothing works.

I've been thinking of using this as a mask, and buying it:

http://www.acne.org/neutrogena-clear-pore-...221/page22.html

Any thoughts on it?

And when you use masks or exfoliate, how do you do it? I never seem to understand how the routine goes...

Do you need to cleanse? or exfoliate/mask on the skin is sufficient cleansing as well?

Appreciate answer.

first time on this board huh? you must stop oily skin internally 2 remove d blackheads,

topicals ll not work!!!

steam rooms really worked for me when i wanted to get rid of blackheads they wont be gone after one time in one but after several you'll start to see results

Paula's choice 2% BHA toner got rid of my blackheads. I used it in conjunction with my differin gel, but I've been using differin for about 5 yrs, so I'm pretty sure it was the BHA that did it.

It's a prescription synthetic retin (like Retin-a but weaker and more targeted to acne). Hey, you know what else you could use instead of the Paula's Choice BHA? Neutrogena's Oil-free "Acne Stress Control 3-in-1 Hydrating Treatment." It's a 2% BHA gel instead of a toner, but I think it's only like $7 at Target.

It's a prescription synthetic retin (like Retin-a but weaker and more targeted to acne). Hey, you know what else you could use instead of the Paula's Choice BHA? Neutrogena's Oil-free "Acne Stress Control 3-in-1 Hydrating Treatment." It's a 2% BHA gel instead of a toner, but I think it's only like $7 at Target.

Thing is, it's an entire different routine, no? meaning I'll have to change my own stuff that I use, which is not all that bad but I don't know how good it would be.

The product I posted is no good? it has 3% or so BP

I dunno if bp works for blackheads--I can't use bp--and I'm not sure that a facewash/mask would get the job done anyway. BHA is an exfoliant so it works differently from bp in that it cleans out your pores (bp disinfects). You can use BHA even if you're using bp (i wouldn't do it at the same time though).

a year ago my blackheads were so bad, 100x worse than they'd ever been. i tried harsh exfoliant scrubs with "micro-beads", all that did was break me out with big red pimples from the irritation. i tried bp on my nose every night for maybe a month, didnt do anything, if anything it made my skin more oily and produce more blackheads. eventually i found something that reduced them maybe 70%.

i did this every weekend and didnt ever go out. it takes your skin a few days to look normal again.

start by cleansing your face. then apply a 2% bha exfoliant. boil some water. steam your face for 15 mins. make sure not to burn your face. use blackheads strips. rinse your face. sanitize a blemish extractor (the flat end) with boiling water and rubbing alcohol (it's very important that your face and the extractor are sanitized, otherwise you will break out). use a magnifying mirror (i have a 15x one) and extract every single one of them that you can...push down hard over each one and be patient. wash your face. rinse with cold water. apply a toner and moisturizer. a mask is optional but it might be overdoing it. the blackhead strips are also optional.

do this once every weekend for a few months and you will see good results. i'd advise not extracting too much on your cheeks/chin, it can leave little bloody marks/lines for days.

Edited by takenick