Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eastie

should I clean my face all the time?

my face is oily after less than one hour from cleansing with gel and water.I dont even put any moisturizer after washing it.Should I wash it whenever possible or just leave it?Will washing hour after hour make my oil glands work even more?Or will it just prevent pores from clogging and is generally good for me?

I dont know what is better

Anyway do you know any cleansing gel that removes the oil well?I use some anti-acne gel but even after two washes in a row I feel some oil on my skin,i Need something very harsch I guess.But I live in Europe so some American cosmetics may be not available here.

You should always use a moisturizer. It can help a lot with PH skin balancing. I would recommend Alba, It's awesome! Other than that, there are oil blots you can buy, although I'm not sure how well anything else works.

Edited by UsNcK

Try jojoba oil. I know putting oil on your skin to regulate oil production is counter-intuitive but it has helped a lot of people (including myself). It definitely can regulate your skin's oil production. Cleaning your face all the time causes unnecessary irritation which may or may not lead to acne but will definitely be too time consuming and not healthy.

That happens to me as well, but it happens maybe in 2-3 hours, I got mountain man genes. But when I use BP, I never have oily skin and I hydrate twice a day.

So, do you use BP ?

I would definitely avoid over-washing your face, as it will make things worse. You could try using a moisturizer made for oily skin (e.g. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel), but it's probably better to stick with the regimen products. There are also mattifying/oil-control gels designed to be worn over your moisturizer (I know Proactiv and Dermalogica both make them), but again, I avoid non-regimen products because they invariably end up breaking me out or irritating my skin. I would highly recommend getting some oil-blotting sheets, though. In the US, the ones by Clean & Clear, Proactiv, and Boscia all work great... not sure about Europe.

the reason your face gets oily a few hours after washing is because your skin has been stripped of all natural oils. your body will think "oh no....my face doesn't have oil" and it will produce oil (the natural oils are natural protectants for your face). also the rubbing and chemicals in face washes and soaps will irritate your skin, causing further oil production

I def recommend using a moisturizer and then use some sort of blotting tissue or oil wipe to get rid of the excess oil without irritating your face. these can be affordable and found in almost any drug store, or you can get high class ones at department store makeup counters.