Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iskate

I'm trying something new.

Okay im not sure what kind of acne i have to be honest. lol i really don't know much about acne. But i swear i get soo many pimples on my face its not even funny. Then they turn into scars!! ughhh soo many scars on my face and i dont even touch my face, or pick my pimples. I went all natural a couple months ago and tried to cure my acne naturally but it just didn't work in face it made my acne 5 times worse. Before i would get maybe 5 pimples out of the whole week. But now i get like 6 pimples each day and thats on a good day no lie. My face is unberable to look at. Any whats i'm trying this stuff called equate and its a 3 step process like proactive. I also got this stuff called cllearasil daily face wash and i apply that every day and night and also last but not least clearasil acne treatment cream which has 10% benzoyl peroxide in it. Okay so this is how my face reacts to all these chemicals. My face gets really irrated and itchy and reall really red where ever i applied these creams. My face burns like crazy all day when im wearing it and my skin dry's out really bad. Should i continue to use these products?? I mean they do seem to have a good effective on my acne. It's not as bad as it use to be. I been on these products for only 3 days so maybe its to soon to say.

Okay im not sure what kind of acne i have to be honest. lol i really don't know much about acne. But i swear i get soo many pimples on my face its not even funny. Then they turn into scars!! ughhh soo many scars on my face and i dont even touch my face, or pick my pimples. I went all natural a couple months ago and tried to cure my acne naturally but it just didn't work in face it made my acne 5 times worse. Before i would get maybe 5 pimples out of the whole week. But now i get like 6 pimples each day and thats on a good day no lie. My face is unberable to look at. Any whats i'm trying this stuff called equate and its a 3 step process like proactive. I also got this stuff called cllearasil daily face wash and i apply that every day and night and also last but not least clearasil acne treatment cream which has 10% benzoyl peroxide in it. Okay so this is how my face reacts to all these chemicals. My face gets really irrated and itchy and reall really red where ever i applied these creams. My face burns like crazy all day when im wearing it and my skin dry's out really bad. Should i continue to use these products?? I mean they do seem to have a good effective on my acne. It's not as bad as it use to be. I been on these products for only 3 days so maybe its to soon to say.

Why did going natural make your acne 5 times worse?

No. You should definitely discontinue the use of these products. What you're describing sounds like major signs of irritation. I would suggest that you not use anything with bp in it for a couple days--at least until your skin goes back to normal for you. Most likely you just overdid it with all the products you're using. You gotta remember that you can't just blast the acne away--no matter how big and bad the products are. Even when you're using something effective acne can take months to completely clear up, so try to be a little more gentle and patient with your skin (it needs to recover too). If it turns out that you can't use even just one bp product without turning your skin all red and itchy, than it means your skin is just too sensitive for bp. Mine is, and what you're describing is basically EXACTLY what happens anytime anything with bp touches my face (as a result, I have to use tea tree oil instead).

Anyways, don't be too hard on yourself with your diet and stuff! I know some people swear by that method--and it can definitely help sometimes--but the truth is, you're a teenager and some teenagers just go completely hormonal during this time of life. Your diet may or may not make a significant difference--I dunno, but just try to listen to your body and do what you feel is right. When your skin is telling you that it's irritated, STOP irritating it, no matter what your acne looks like.

Edited by alphabetpony